2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH and I stayed from 2/5-2/16 at the YC. We got married at the gazebo on the 10th! The wedding was fabulous! loved the gazebo and we took pics all around the YC which is beautiful.

Sounds amazing!!! Would love to see pics of the wedding, I bet it was gorgeous :) Congrats!!!

YCFan so glad that you and your family didn't sustain more serious injuries. I hope that you will be on the mend very quickly.

NinjaMom, sorry to hear your trip has not gone as planned. I hope you have the most magical stay for the rest of your trip. I also hope everyone keeps sticking to and appreciating the planning you did for the trip.

I am fine with any courtyard view as they are all on the lakeside. I think the courtyards are pretty. I would like the one by the lobby, but would be happy with any courtyard view.

FYI ... There is also a courtyard on the frontside of the BC between the BC resort and the BC villas.

I don't know the categories of each room but wanted you to know that was there.

FYI ... There is also a courtyard on the frontside of the BC between the BC resort and the BC villas.

I don't know the categories of each room but wanted you to know that was there.

I did not know that, thanks!! :)

I will request "courtyard view lakeside", hopefully that's fine.

I still have a few pages to catch up on and some welcomes to new friends, but I have a theatre production meeting tonight, so I hope to get to that in the morning.

Here is the March 2014 Activities schedule for the Yacht & Beach Club

Anyone who has been to BC lately know, or have photos of the hot tea selection in the room and in marketplace? (I have not been to WDW since before they changed beverages to Joffrey's)

Also, are Styrofoam cups/lids still stocked in the room to take them "to go"?

Thanks!!

Thank you to all of you for your concern. I'm black and blue and literally cried when I saw the two cars today. Even the highway patrolman said he couldn't believe no one died in that crash. Everyone walked away. Definitely had someone looking over us.

My little princess niece came to the hospital and rubbed my arm repeatedly saying it would be ok. She was so cute. Can't wait to share my love for Disney and YC with her in July. I think I'll spoil her even more now if that's possible.

The lakeside garden views are beautiful. If that's the side you want I would put that request "lakeside, if possible, please". Then you would have a good chance of being able to see the lake from a side view if you were lucky enough to get one. The area is so nice. It's my favorite resort to relax at. :)

Thank you to all of you for your concern. I'm black and blue and literally cried when I saw the two cars today. Even the highway patrolman said he couldn't believe no one died in that crash. Everyone walked away. Definitely had someone looking over us.

My little princess niece came to the hospital and rubbed my arm repeatedly saying it would be ok. She was so cute. Can't wait to share my love for Disney and YC with her in July. I think I'll spoil her even more now if that's possible.

The lakeside garden views are beautiful. If that's the side you want I would put that request "lakeside, if possible, please". Then you would have a good chance of being able to see the lake from a side view if you were lucky enough to get one. The area is so nice. It's my favorite resort to relax at. :)

Glad you are ok. Hope you are feeling better soon.

It feels as if am coming home, after a 42 year absence. Back in 1972, there was only the MK.. My visit was part of a packaged tour, which included 2 days at WDW. Now I'm staying on site for a week and experiencing 4 parks. Excited to be finally returning the Magical, Wonderful World of Disney.

Yeah! Sounds wonderful!:cool1:

This is completely off topic. My DH, DS, and I went home to eastern NC today to celebrate my mother's 86th birthday.

Shortly after leaving to return home a car pulled out directly in front of us on a two lane highway. Both cars are totaled but thank God no one was killed. I'm pretty banged up. My chest looks like I got into a fight and my sternum in severely bruised. Hurts to breathe. I believe mostly from the air bag. My throat is also extremely sore and I'm coughing a lot. The hospital said it was from breathing in the powder that exploded in the air bag.

I was transported to the hospital on one of those board things. Most uncomfortable 45 minutes of my life.

You never know what turn your life may take. I am thankful that I am still here to feel the aches and pains.

Yes, Robyn and Teena, Andrew is fine. So is Steve. I am most thankful for that. Andrew rode in the ambulance with me and was quite the trooper. Even helping out the emergency folk when they would ask him to pass them things.

Thanks for listening friends. It's 4 am and I think the adrenalin hasn't worn off. I can't sleep.

Looks like I'll be picking out a car soon. Ugh.

I am so glad you are okay!!! Where were you in Eastern nc? You know that is my old neck of the woods. I will be saying continued prayers for you three and the others involved.:)

Just wanted to post about our wonderful trip to the YC!

DH and I stayed from 2/5-2/16 at the YC. We got married at the gazebo on the 10th! The wedding was fabulous! loved the gazebo and we took pics all around the YC which is beautiful.

Our stay was not without hiccups but was so fun. We were suppose to fly out 2/5 at 630AM from Philly but that was when we had that huge ice storm. We got on the 330PM flight but ended up flying out at 830PM. I think we checked in at 1130PM. We unpacked some stuff and got our room ready and went to bed. Had to get up at 530 for our Keys to the Kingdom tour. I think we got 3-4 hours of sleep. It was fine though because it was our first day in the MK so we were pumped!

We loved the YC. We ate at Captain's Grille for breakfast (loved the ala carte and buffet style), Yachtsman Steakhouse for dinner, had room service a couple of times (Martin was fabulous!!), Cape May Cafe Clam Bake and Beaches and Cream. All were so good!! DH got a massage at Ship Shape and I got a facial.. so relaxing! I tried to go back for a walk in manicure but they were really booked. We love, love, LOVED the pool! So awesome! Loved the slide and the lazy river. We also loved the walking distance to the Boardwalk and EPCOT. Wish we could have made it over to Jellyrolls but there's always next time ;) ;)

Everyone was super friendly and we really liked all the accommodations. We were suppose to fly home on the 14th but we had another huge storm on the 13th so we stayed an extra two days and switched our flight to Sunday the 16th. It was amazing. One of our best trips ever! We stayed at BWI before but weren't really a fan. Definitely loved YC and would love to try BC next!!

ETA: forgot to say we stayed in room 4132. It was on the 4th floor, really close to the elevators. It was definitely prime real estate! It was so quick to get to everything, especially the store. We had a garden view room but could see the Disney bus stop partially through the trees. The rooms are so nice and comfy. Especially after staying at POFQ.

Sounds like a wonderful trip!!! Congratulations!!!:woohoo:

Hi!

Anyone know how late the pool is open last couple weeks of October?

Also, does Beach Club have hot tubs at quiet pools, or just the main pool?

thanks!!!

come on October!!!!!!! :yay::yay:

I think 10pm was the closing time late Oct. :thumbsup2

NM - What a debacle so far!!!! I am so sorry you guys are dealing with this. Hoping it gets better. I think you might need to go all NINJA on someone over there.....:dance3:

Nettie - all I can think of is that commercial with the smashed up car where they keep saying "they lived". Thank God that someone was looking over you.

You must be so proud of Andrew - inside he must have been so scared.

Thinking of you and praying for a speedy recovery.

Lakeside sounds like the way to go with the request, thanks!!

I know how you feel about seeing the car damage afterwards. I was in a wreck many years ago and I didn't realize how bad it was until I saw the car! :scared:

Glad you are all okay!

Grew up in Maysville, NC. This happened near Comfort,NC. Transported to Jacksonville, NC hospital and car towed to Kinston, NC. Feel like I've been on a tour of down east the last couple of days! LOL!!

Hey y'all! I'm In line for Fantasmic after ditching the family! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2Going solo rocks and has saved my sanity, of which there was very little left to begin with. I stopped at the Beach Club for ice cream at Beaches and Scream. Dad has an ice cream sweet fang the size of a Teradactyl tusk so it pays to keep the guy that's treating you to WDW happy! It was weird not seeing Teena but we buzzed by Gene with out stopping to hug on him. We didn't want to alarm the guy!

We did Epcot today with Fast passes for soarin, test track and spaceship earth which has been experiencing huge lines recently??? :confused3 We fit in Nemo but waited in vain forthe standby line 4 turtle talk with crush. They were only letting Fast pass people in. No stand bys. WTH!!!! Had lunch at Le Cellier and made it back to the room for a much needed nap.

Tomorrow we do MK with a scheduled FP+for the princess meet and greet, Peter Pan and Arial in her scuba outfit. Lunch FP also awaits at BOG so we will see what the picky eaters have to say. My 6 year old Nephew seems to be existing solely on cheetos. I told him if he kept that up he was going to turn into an oomph loop a!

Buzzy
Ps don't tell Ninja Mom I'm here!!!

oh my goodness that is terrifying! Definitely count your blessings and I'm glad you are ok!

Regarding the lakeside garden view... would asking for the wedding gazebo view cover that? I'm a little confused on layout :) Last time we had a view of the gazebo and it faced the lake and walkway, I can't remember if it faced the Boardwalk or not.

Hello everyone! We are at the BC now and i dont see a BOunceback paper. Anyone know the number to call?

Thanks

This is completely off topic. My DH, DS, and I went home to eastern NC today to celebrate my mother's 86th birthday.

Shortly after leaving to return home a car pulled out directly in front of us on a two lane highway. Both cars are totaled but thank God no one was killed. I'm pretty banged up. My chest looks like I got into a fight and my sternum in severely bruised. Hurts to breathe. I believe mostly from the air bag. My throat is also extremely sore and I'm coughing a lot. The hospital said it was from breathing in the powder that exploded in the air bag.

I was transported to the hospital on one of those board things. Most uncomfortable 45 minutes of my life.

You never know what turn your life may take. I am thankful that I am still here to feel the aches and pains.

Yes, Robyn and Teena, Andrew is fine. So is Steve. I am most thankful for that. Andrew rode in the ambulance with me and was quite the trooper. Even helping out the emergency folk when they would ask him to pass them things.

Thanks for listening friends. It's 4 am and I think the adrenalin hasn't worn off. I can't sleep.

Looks like I'll be picking out a car soon. Ugh.

Holy cow! Nettie? You're scaring me!
I'm glad to hear you're on the mend, but I'll be sending some good thoughts your way. pixie dust:
If there's any silver lining, I claim to have a fully diagnosed case of "Car ADD." I've owned or leased 6 new cars within the past 13 yrs. I love picking out new cars! It's a problem. My credit union loves me though. Keep us (or me at least) posted on your new car hunt!

Holy cow! Nettie? You're scaring me! I'm glad to hear you're on the mend, but I'll be sending some good thoughts your way. pixie dust: If there's any silver lining, I claim to have a fully diagnosed case of "Car ADD." I've owned or leased 6 new cars within the past 13 yrs. I love picking out new cars! It's a problem. My credit union loves me though. Keep us (or me at least) posted on your new car hunt!

I'll do that Scott!!

Just introducing myself on this thread. We just booked our first stay at the YC for 8/15-8/23. I'm very excited, I've always wanted to stay at an Epcot resort! (We usually stay at POR or POLY.)

It will be me, DH, 2 DDs, and 5 DSs, including a newborn that will be just old enough to travel for his first visit to the happiest place on Earth in August! (Yes, we have 6, almost 7 kids.) :) As an added bonus, we are blessed to get to bring my parents with us for their first trip since they took me to the Magic Kingdom for one day in 1978. :goodvibes

Now, to see how much of this thread I can get through. :thumbsup2

I have a weird question:

Has anyone who has been recently noticed that it's more crowded at the International Gateway at Epcot in the mornings? I've been reading people's tips on the Norway Frozen princess greet and people are starting to say to wait at the IG entrance to get to rope drop.

Just wondering if this will affect lines at opening for Epcot. Probably not! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter