2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

That quote will also include park tickets for you both for 10 days. You would have to go further along with the quote to change number of days you want park tickets for. The hopper is a set price per person no matter how many days, about $68 a person I believe. Also the standard rooms are about 189 a night. Their are room that cost around $250 per night. So it also depends on what type or room you have selected. When I looked right now, only the Royal Guest room were available for your dates. So average price starts at $240 a night for Standard View Royal Guest room.

Thanks, still seems like a bit much..pretty much 850 per person for tickets.

I'm sure you can get non hopper tickets maybe 7 days for 400 or so per person.

Seems like almost $900 premium to me to get this deal, probably more if you count normal room rate. You can potentially save 20-30% on hotel rate if theirs a special.

Guys is this free dining really worth it? I checked POR-R for Oct 2nd - Oct 12 (10 nights) and website quoted $3700 USD.

Isnt POR in and around ~200 a night usually, so 2000 for the room, your telling me its 1700 for the park hopper? (It would only be me and wife going)

Are they quoting a Parkhopper ticket for 2 people? 4 people? 1 person?

Also if you wanted to go to universal for a couple days I wonder if this starts to not make as much sense..

You might be getting a quote for a preferred room. When I booked for CBR I could only get a water view or pirate room. I chose the water view room which added over $300 to our trip. A pirate room would have been over $1000 more.

There haven't been many standard rooms available with the free dining deal.

When I looked right now, only the Royal Guest room were available for your dates. So average price starts at $240 a night for Standard View Royal Guest room. And that does not include taxes (about $300). Then about $780 (I believe) for your two sets of 10 day tickets, which you can always shorten some and $136.32 for 2 park hoppers.

Oh I forgot the hotel taxes, yeah they are heavy, makes sense then.

Do you think its still worth it if you spend a couple days at universal? I guess you can accumalte dining credit for special dining if your not going to use it.

When I looked right now, only the Royal Guest room were available for your dates. So average price starts at $240 a night for Standard View Royal Guest room. And that does not include taxes (about $300). Then about $780 (I believe) for your two sets of 10 day tickets, which you can always shorten some and $136.32 for 2 park hoppers.

Thanks, still seems like a bit much..pretty much 850 per person for tickets.

I'm sure you can get non hopper tickets maybe 7 days for 400 or so per person.

Seems like almost $900 premium to me to get this deal, probably more if you count normal room rate. You can potentially save 20-30% on hotel rate if theirs a special.

You might be getting a quote for a preferred room. When I booked for CBR I could only get a water view or pirate room. I chose the water view room which added over $300 to our trip. A pirate room would have been over $1000 more.

There haven't been many standard rooms available with the free dining deal.

7 day tickets will only save you $65 dollars. The more days you get the cheaper each additional day is. At $780 for two sets of tickets you are already under $400 each for tickets. The park hopper will add $138 total regardless the number of days you stay.

Keep in mind the dinning plan only covers two meals a day, so if you plan on eating three a day out, then having the extra credits from days at universal will not go wasted. Shortening the number of days at Disney won't really save you that much money to use towards Universal tickets. But it would probably be nice to break things up a bit :) Having the park hopper is really useful, especially if it is just two adults going. You can make dining plans at Epcot and not worry about where you will be during the day, etc.

Oh I forgot the hotel taxes, yeah they are heavy, makes sense then.

Do you think its still worth it if you spend a couple days at universal? I guess you can accumalte dining credit for special dining if your not going to use it.

This is exactly what we do. We usually spend two days at universal studios, so those days we will use our quick service for breakfast at the hotel before we go, then eat lunch and dinner at Universal. Then we have two extra table service credits to use for two additional TS meals, or to use at a Signature restaurant.

Or if you really wanted to get the most out of free dining and spend as little as possible at universal, you could schedule a table service breakfast before you leave, have lunch at universal, and have a late QS meal at a resort or at DTD when you get back. or vice versa, QS for breakfast, TS for late dinner.

Only thing that scares me is I keep hearing you have to book way in advance for restauraunts..I hate planning around that becasue a lot of times circumstances change during vacation, I dont want to have to be tied to a schedule and forced to eat somewhere on a paticular day. Would the restauraunts really be that busy during these promotional times. I mean the reason its promo is because of lower crows Im assuming.

I was getting the same thing for the longest time, and I realized why it gave me that message.

You are most likely signed into your MDE/Disney account on another browser on your computer and maybe even on your phone. If you want to make changes to your Res, I would suggest go and logging out of your MDE/Disney account from your phone and other browsers on your computer. Otherwise Disney doesnt know what you want because you are logged in in so many places it cant keep track of want you want or what you have changed.

Worked like a charm for me! Just make sure you are only logged into one place and it should work :)

Hope this helps some :)

Ah great tip - thanks!

Only thing that scares me is I keep hearing you have to book way in advance for restauraunts..I hate planning around that becasue a lot of times circumstances change during vacation, I dont want to have to be tied to a schedule and forced to eat somewhere on a paticular day. Would the restauraunts really be that busy during these promotional times. I mean the reason its promo is because of lower crows Im assuming.

People will be making and canceling reservations all the way up to the night before (official cut of time to cancel without being charged no-show fee). So you will be able to make some reservations a day ahead, but the restaurants will be crowed during free dining and while there are restaurants that you can typically walk into with out a reservation, there will be just as many or more that you won't be able to. CRT, Chef Mickey, BOG, Garden Grill, Ohana are a few that might be hard unless you catch a last minute cancellation. You will always be able to find a place to eat, but it might not be where you wanted and the exact time you like. I am sure there are those people that have gone way more then me that have a better insight into the dining situation.

I was on the disney dining reservation site this afternoon & noticed that a lot of times have opened up for Epcot restaurants for the last week of October (Halloween week) and first week of November. Many, many more time slots for 4:30-6pm. If you are looking for a ressie in this time period, now would be the time to grab one.

I was on the disney dining reservation site this afternoon & noticed that a lot of times have opened up for Epcot restaurants for the last week of October (Halloween week) and first week of November. Many, many more time slots for 4:30-6pm. If you are looking for a ressie in this time period, now would be the time to grab one.

Thank you for this. It seems that it extends to the end of September. Finally found reasonable hours for dinner on our Epcot day.

I think you're right. Anyone with little kids take advantage of the park hopper? You can ride the monorail from Magic Kingdom to Epcot, right? Any other good strategies for getting from one park to another quickly (and maybe without folding up strollers? ;)
WE have been doing the PH since 2010 when our kids were 6 and 7. We have really enjoyed it since we could go to a park in the morning then take a break in the afternoon and go to Epcot for the evening for dinner and do some rides there. On some days rather than taking a break we would go over to Epcot mid afternoon and have a late afternoon dinner and do some rides. Really easy to get to Epcot from MK (monorail) or HS (boat).

Thanks for the info! Because of your post I checked again and was able to get an earlier reservation at Tutto Italia :)

Not just the last week -- I just found a plethora of Via Napoli options in the first week of October, one of which I was very happy to take! :)

Not just the last week -- I just found a plethora of Via Napoli options in the first week of October, one of which I was very happy to take! :)

Finally able to snag a ressies for Be our Guest dinner for September...I am so excited!

You inspired me! I snagged a reservation at 8:15pm for La Hacienda de San Angel. From the information I read, it sounds like I might get to see the fire works from the windows. I need to research this more. I remember reading something about this. Pixie dust if we can see them while we finish up eating, but if not....no biggy. Hours say they close at 8:30 so I suspect by 9pm they will be getting the bill on the table and expecting us to move out. I'll research and cancel if it sounds like we will be tossed into dark and crowds.

Hey, I'm still hanging in here with you guys. Got my resort....not doing free dinning! But, got a great rate at Poly. Now I'm waiting on Southwest to open up November flights! Today is the day! Yahoo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter