2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

Go to the Sept canceled dining thread in here. If someone needs to get rid of something they will let you know in there and maybe you can snag one. I just gave up 2 for lunch on the 28th through there. Good luck! I just looked at the thread and Thursday someone canceled BOG for 3 for 9/25...the last Friday in Sept. :( You missed it but, that does not mean it will not come up again! Watch the thread :)

Ooooooo, I didn't know about that thread. Awesome thanks!!!!

Hi everyone.:wave2:
Hoping someone can answer a question for me. We are a bit confused!:scratchin

We are in Australia and are off to WDW in November for the very first time.:cheer2: We understood that at the 180 day mark we can book our dining reservations. So, it went 6am in the USA ( 8pm here ) and nothing on the calendar changed. The dates stayed the same. No new date became avaialble. So, does anyone know what time the date will change for us here in Australia. We need the 14th to show as being available. Our calendar all day here has said the 13th so at 6am ET we were expecring it to change.
We are very confused!

If anyone out there can shed some light on this for us, we will be most grateful :worship:

We are in Australia and are off to WDW in November for the very first time.:cheer2: We understood that at the 180 day mark we can book our dining reservations. So, it went 6am in the USA ( 8pm here ) and nothing on the calendar changed. The dates stayed the same. No new date became avaialble. So, does anyone know what time the date will change for us here in Australia. We need the 14th to show as being available. Our calendar all day here has said the 13th so at 6am ET we were expecring it to change.
We are very confused!

If anyone out there can shed some light on this for us, we will be most grateful :worship:
Have you logged into your My Disney Experience account first before opening up the dining reservations site? Once you log in to your account, click on "make reservations" and this should open up your dates for you.

Thanks for your reply samsteele :-)
I ended up calling the USA and the cast member figured it out. We have been able to see the 13th of November on the calendar all day as the date changed here at midnight our time. However, the reservations don't open until 8pm our time so even though we could see the date, we would have been unable to book until 8pm ( 6am Florida time! ). A little confusing, bit it all makes sense now!
So, now we just need to be ready to go at 8pm tomorrow night and we can book our dates. Fingers crossed for Be Our Guest :flower:

We are very confused!

This happened to me for our March trip. The +10 never became active. I had to call it in. I've been searching the boards & others with the same issue have suggested trying another browser, making sure you are logged off MDE on all your other devices, & the most recent one I read said to make a reservation for that first day that opened up then hit refresh. I have no idea if any of that works, but you aren't alone - I'm assuming I'll have the same happen when I hit 180 for our December trip :sad2:.

I just tried to reserve the later Spirit of Aloha Show with dining plan and no go. You have to pay in advance with a CC. Tier 2 and 3 available with Dining Plan.

I was able to book SOA with only the dining plan, did not have to pay in advance. The only issue I ran into was even though I kept choosing Cat 2 it kept changing it to Cat 1 (so wouldn't let me use the DDP). I just closed my browser and restarted the process and it worked no problem.

We are very confused!

Does your trip start the 14th of November? Mine does too! Tomorrow morning is my ADR day-May 18 at 6am est.

We've never booked CRT before, so I don't know how hard it is to get. I make my ADRS Saturday. Do you think I have a better chance of getting CRT or BOG on our first night. We are going to MK our first and last day. I know last year I couldn't get BOG until our last night, is CRT just as hard to get?

We've never booked CRT before, so I don't know how hard it is to get. I make my ADRS Saturday. Do you think I have a better chance of getting CRT or BOG on our first night. We are going to MK our first and last day. I know last year I couldn't get BOG until our last night, is CRT just as hard to get?
Yes it is just as hard to get. Pick which one you want the most and try that first. Good luck!

Yes it is just as hard to get. Pick which one you want the most and try that first. Good luck!
I thought so. I think I convinced DD to do lunch at BOG instead. We already did BOG in September, and wasn't impressed. We've never done CRT.

I thought so. I think I convinced DD to do lunch at BOG instead. We already did BOG in September, and wasn't impressed. We've never done CRT.
Sounds like a good choice to me. BOG has good lunch and it's CS instead of TS which is nice. I have never been to CRT either but, I have a reservation for DH and I for my birthday in September. I am so excited!

What was it that you weren't impressed about? I was able to snag a Dinner at BOG...why is lunch better than dinner, other than CS vs. TS? (This will be my first time at BOG )

FYI if anyone was looking for FD for 10/1-10/7 there is a bunch of availability, even in AOA and all values eligible.

What was it that you weren't impressed about? I was able to snag a Dinner at BOG...why is lunch better than dinner, other than CS vs. TS? (This will be my first time at BOG )
For us, the food just wasn't good. But my sister went this spring and they loved it:confused3 So definitely don't take my opinion, congrats on scoring the ADR, it's a great chance to meet the beast, and you may love the food.

For us, the food just wasn't good. But my sister went this spring and they loved it:confused3 So definitely don't take my opinion, congrats on scoring the ADR, it's a great chance to meet the beast, and you may love the food.
I agree. It was good but the big deal is the Beast. The Lunch sandwiches were good and I liked being able to walk around before and after.
I think it's a personal choice about what's important and what is considered good/great.
I don't think anyone getting a dinner ADR will hate it, but if you couldn't getting a lunch one just to see the inside is well worth it.

Ok thanks the 2 above---I may reconsider lunch..if i can get it. But meantime, glad i got the dinner. I thought this was NOT a character meal..but yet you say we will meet the Beast?? I must have missed that part of reading! LOL!

Ok thanks the 2 above---I may reconsider lunch..if i can get it. But meantime, glad i got the dinner. I thought this was NOT a character meal..but yet you say we will meet the Beast?? I must have missed that part of reading! LOL!
Personally I love their dinner. The whole vibe and the food. The pastry with the shrimp and scallops is awesome! I have eaten dinner there twice and got the same thing for my entrée both times as did my son. DH got the steak both times and he said it was good, not great but good. I will say that the desserts are lacking. One would think you could get something other than a cupcake or an éclair for dessert. Lunch is great also. Their pork roast is amazing! DS loved the ham and cheese sandwich, but I did not. This is not really a typical character meal at dinner. The Beast walks around a couple of times while you are eating, but does not stop at tables. After you have finished eating, on your way out, you get to meet the Beast and take a picture with him if you wish.

Personally I love their dinner. The whole vibe and the food. The pastry with the shrimp and scallops is awesome! I have eaten dinner there twice and got the same thing for my entrée both times as did my son. DH got the steak both times and he said it was good, not great but good. I will say that the desserts are lacking. One would think you could get something other than a cupcake or an éclair for dessert. Lunch is great also. Their pork roast is amazing! DS loved the ham and cheese sandwich, but I did not. This is not really a typical character meal at dinner. The Beast walks around a couple of times while you are eating, but does not stop at tables. After you have finished eating, on your way out, you get to meet the Beast and take a picture with him if you wish.
I want to add a note that when I "met Beast" he had no personality. Basically just stood there for the picture. I think he walked through the hall but as themommy said he doesn't stop at tables. I don't even remember if he waved. And I would have thought at the picture taking time he would have bowed or made a gesture, but I only remember him standing there. And he is kind of creepy in the picture. LOL Ok yes he is Beast.

So I guess it depends on what you feel you need. I can't remember what I had for dinner. It was ok if I don't remember. LOL
Lunch I had the ham and cheese and did like it a lot. Friends of ours went this past April for lunch and they really liked what they had for food.

I don't know if I would say cancel a dinner ADR if you were able to snag it, but if you want to do a different TS and can get a lunch, I just think it gives more options. Personally I don't like having too many ADRs cause then I spend too much time watching the clock so I don't lose track of time.

Enjoy. I'm sure whatever you do will be fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter