2015 mnsshp

ClaraBug

DIS Veteran
I know I'm a little early but we are trying to plan our trip with a large family and with going in Sept, we do want to do the Halloween party. When does the MNSSHP usually start? :confused3

Last year the first party was September 1st (I remember because we were there until August 30th and missed it by a couple of days:( Last year Labor Day weekend was early so the MNSSHP was early. Hoping it starts early again this year:thumbsup2

Historically it has started the second Tuesday of September (like others said, there was one on Labor Day in 2014). Next year may be different since Labor Day is so late.

I was looking at the September MK hours yesterday and Sept 1,4,7,11,12,15,18,20,22,25, and 27 ALL list closing at 7pm, which I am given is a good indicator that MNSSHP may be taking place.
I am hoping this is the case because we get off our Disney Cruise on Sept 4 and are hoping to catch it that night as we will be flying back home on Sept 5th. It will be our first chance to experience MNSSHP!
Fingers Crossed!

Last edited:
Does anyone know when they are expected to release the dates this year?

Should be late April, but as FamilyMan4 pointed out, the hours for September are already out, and dates when MK closes at 7:00 should be party dates (except for Sept 11 and 12, which are for Night of Joy), and the October calendar should be out in a few weeks.

I was looking at the September MK hours yesterday and Sept 1,4,7,11,12,15,18,20,22,25, and 27 ALL list closing at 7pm, which I am given is a good indicator that MNSSHP may be taking place.
I am hoping this is the case because we get off our Disney Cruise on Sept 4 and are hoping to catch it that night as we will be flying back home on Sept 5th. It will be our first chance to experience MNSSHP!
Fingers Crossed!

Thank you for sharing, This is FANTASTIC News..we planned a labor day weekend trip to just hang out at the pool and it looks like we will have the friday and tuesday dates to choose from. It'll be our first time. SO excited!

The thing though is that wdwmagic is an unofficial site, while the travel agents' calendar (http://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/ParkHours/WDWTravelAgent_september.pdf) is official (although is, of course, subject to change), and shows MK closing at 7:00 on the 1st, 4th, and 7th. I'd be curious to know where wdwmagic got their information from.

So, is the verdict final? No MNSSHP starting September 1st?

Should I move on and plan for a trip without the party :sad:.

Just wondering if I should hold out hope, or 'let it go':rolleyes1

And if there is no party, would you expect the MK to be open

until maybe 9 or 10pm?

So, is the verdict final? No MNSSHP starting September 1st?

Should I move on and plan for a trip without the party :sad:.

Just wondering if I should hold out hope, or 'let it go':rolleyes1

And if there is no party, would you expect the MK to be open

until maybe 9 or 10pm?
I think it's a done deal at this point. I'm pretty sure the MK will be open until 9 or 10pm on the 1st, 4th and 7th. It's just not reflected in their calendars yet. They probably like to hold out on updating because they have fun torturing people like us. :rolleyes:

I think it's a done deal at this point. I'm pretty sure the MK will be open until 9 or 10pm on the 1st, 4th and 7th. It's just not reflected in their calendars yet. They probably like to hold out on updating because they have fun torturing people like us. :rolleyes:

That's what I was afraid of ... just needed to hear it from someone else so I could stop dreaming about it!
Thank you for getting back to me with your thoughts. We are still going to the MK on the 1st, as it is our last full day at Disney, so it will still be a fun day:-)

That's what I was afraid of ... just needed to hear it from someone else so I could stop dreaming about it!
Thank you for getting back to me with your thoughts. We are still going to the MK on the 1st, as it is our last full day at Disney, so it will still be a fun day:-)
Maybe I am wrong though. As long as those dates still say 7pm, I'm going to secretly hope too. :cloud9:

mnshhp counts as its own ticket starting at 4pm that day. So long as you go in at 4pm and later you need no seperate park ticket for the event. So not renewing your AP before hand shouldn't effect buying it.

I am sure that most have already seen this but here is the announcement link anyway: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/tag/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/

I also have a question: Do you have to have park tickets already purchased in order to buy tickets to MNSSHP? I need to buy APs and was not planning on buying them prior to April when the event tickets go on sale.

Right the dates are Sept 15-Nov 1 2015 this year.

No, you do not have to renew your AP passes before getting MNSSHP tickets, since it is a hard ticket separate event. Just can't get in MK until 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter