2020 Point Charts

Unless you were booking in the summer, it’ll still be cheaper.

Get your grand villas though while you can!
In the case of AKV, the 1BR and 2BR were generally less expensive during Magic and Dream season under the now-repealed 2020 charts (with the exception of 2BR standard). Either way, I’m glad that DVC listened to feedback and paused to re-evaluate, even if it doesn’t personally help me.

Now reverse the decision on Riviera resale contracts and I’m back on board!
Different group. DVD is sales and have a different agenda. DVCMC is management of the existing resorts and have a different mandate.

Dang! Just when I was about to reserve a 2BR.

OMG - the reallocation would've worked!!!

Seriously though - I posted this in the "lawsuit" thread - but to me this signifies that someone at Disney realized that they did something of questionable legality. They wouldn't do this reversal just because some people complained.
Exactly.

Now reverse the decision on Riviera resale contracts and I’m back on board!
Seriously doubt that is going to happen. This new restriction is to drive people who are on the fence to buy resale or direct to buy direct. My guess is that resale cost will be 50% to 60% of direct which would still make it profitable for DVD to Use ROFR to take contracts for anyone on the wait list after it is sold out.

Seriously doubt that is going to happen. This new restriction is to drive people who are on the fence to buy resale or direct to buy direct. My guess is that resale cost will be 50% to 60% of direct which would still make it profitable for DVD to Use ROFR to take contracts for anyone on the wait list after it is sold out.

I agree - and while Riviera will not see the resale prices of say VGF and BCV - it's not like the values will drop down to nothing - there will still be value in owning at Riviera even if you can only rent Riviera. That said, it still is likely to be the lowest resale price of all the resorts - which is why I think the likelyhood it settles around $70-80 per point - at least based on current resale prices.

Seriously though - I posted this in the "lawsuit" thread - but to me this signifies that someone at Disney realized that they did something of questionable legality. They wouldn't do this reversal just because some people complained.

I'm guessing that their lawyers were whispering "class action", and not putting it in emails so that it could be discovered by outside counsel.

I wonder if Disney thought that the common folk wouldn't have figured out what they were trying to do in this scheme?

I'm guessing that their lawyers were whispering "class action", and not putting it in emails so that it could be discovered by outside counsel.
Lawyer communications regarding potential lawsuits would likely be protected from discovery as attorney client communication.

Lawyer communications regarding potential lawsuits would likely be protected from discovery as attorney client communication.

Serious question, since I don't know the answer. Were Wells Fargos emails protected during their investigation/lawsuit?

I wonder if Disney thought that the common folk wouldn't have figured out what they were trying to do in this scheme?
I wouldn’t have paid close enough attention had the thread not gotten past 10 pages or so.

I made the assumption that Disney did it correctly, and it wasn’t until I made a spreadsheet and plugged the numbers in myself that I realized how crazy this all was.

So yeah, I’m betting they figured no one would go through that much trouble.

I wouldn’t have paid close enough attention had the thread not gotten past 10 pages or so.

I made the assumption that Disney did it correctly, and it wasn’t until I made a spreadsheet and plugged the numbers in myself that I realized how crazy this all was.

So yeah, I’m betting they figured no one would go through that much trouble.
Oh yeah, I wouldn't have had a clue either. But the experts and long time DVCs caught on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter