2021 Increased Point Costs

Mkaiser1

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

This is my first post having just registered but having been doing LOADS of research and probably watching every episode of The DVC Show!

Ive been looking at resale and direct and a combination of 175 direct and the rest we’d want on resale but was told yesterday by Disney that the point price increases are coming on 13th January for most resorts and for Riviera on 5th February.

What the DVC Guide doesn’t yet know is if there will be any changes to incentives.

The incentive on Riviera was better up until September 2020 than it is currently and I wonder if the incentive will reduce more in addition to the point cost going up.

What are people’s thoughts?

Consider timing your direct purchase for a few days prior to the price increase. Then if the new incentives would make a better deal, you can ask your guide to rewrite the contract. Reports here indicate the guides are amenable to this.

Personally, I do not think the new incentives will be better than what is currently available. But of course, that is my opinion, and worth the same as anyone else's.

Good luck!

As Carol said, agree to the purchase a few days before the incentives and let your guide know if they are better you will redo the contract,

That happened to me. The incentives were not better for what I was originally purchasing, but if I moved up a level, it was. So, I changed things!

Thanks guys. Appointment booked for 3rd Feb to do exactly this. Thanks you for the advice :-)

I know what the points cost will be at Riviera but just want to know the incentives. They were reduced in September 2020 annoyingly, but I'm in the UK and buying internationally means that the exchange rate plays an important factor too (not many people ever seem to mention this but it is a huge factor).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter