• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

2021 Resort Reservations

So I have a question on this. We looked at renting DVC for December next year at Boardwalk. It's almost $3,000 less to rent DVC points than rack rate. But what happens if we rent and we need to cancel? How does that work. We like the idea that if we book direct with Disney we can cancel at any time up to 30 days before.
You normally can’t cancel. One broker has a cancellation policy you can buy for a minimum of $300, but even then it’s a tiered refund depending on when you cancel, and of course you’re always out the initial $300 minimum. If you can commit, it’s an excellent deal, and we’re doing it and paid roughly half the rack rate at BCV For our dates. it does also require a bit of trust on your part.

You normally can’t cancel. One broker has a cancellation policy you can buy for a minimum of $300, but even then it’s a tiered refund depending on when you cancel, and of course you’re always out the initial $300 minimum. If you can commit, it’s an excellent deal, and we’re doing it and paid roughly half the rack rate at BCV For our dates. it does also require a bit of trust on your part.

Do you have to pay all up front?

Has anyone been able to book a reservation for the Garden Wing at the Contemporary for 2021? My friend is trying to book there but it says it is not available. We were wondering if the Garden Wing is closed or if it is just completely booked for the week that he wants to take his family.

Has anyone been able to book a reservation for the Garden Wing at the Contemporary for 2021? My friend is trying to book there but it says it is not available. We were wondering if the Garden Wing is closed or if it is just completely booked for the week that he wants to take his family.
It may be the dates they are trying to book. Right now the cutoff to booking is sometime at the end of Sept 2021. Fall/Winter is not available yet.

Do you have to pay all up front?
It depends who you use. Most brokers and private rentals due require up front payment. You can certainly negotiate that with a private rental, though. And at least one broker whom I’ve used in the past was half up front, and the remaining balance due 45 days prior to arrival.

I’ve gotten used to booking with a discount. The rack rates on the deluxe resorts are pretty insane.
Agreed. Fortunately we already have a cruise & DVC rental booked, so we only needed two more nights for our March split stay trip. I booked those for Boardwalk Inn, where I've been wanting to stay for a while. I wanted club level but will not pay over $1,000 per night for that, so I just booked garden view. If rack rate is as good as it gets, I can accept that for 2 nights. But we'll be there this July, and I'll see if any bounceback offers are available. And if not I'll keep looking for discounts as the year progresses.

Average cost per night for Pop is over $300 per night for July 2021

I just pulled 6 night pricing for 2 a/1 c at Pop each week in July 2021 and the preferred pool views were coming in at $251 per night at the highest (4th of july weekend). The average for the month was $212/nt for standard, $240/nt for preferred pool view. A package with standard room and tickets for 7/1-7/7 with 7 day park hoppers was $3436. Still high for Pop but not awful.

The resort I want (Coronado Springs) is unavailable for my week in July 2021. I’m very sad as we had a Tower Club Level room booked for Memorial Day week this year and I was so looking forward to staying there. We’re booking Beach Club instead, so I hope we will enjoy that resort.

We were hoping to book Wilderness Lodge or another lower priced deluxe, but WL isn't available, and we can't waste $500+ a night on the hotel. I hope discounts eventually come out, and we can switch to one of those. For now I booked Caribbean Beach Resort in a preferred room for $368 a night, which is more than we've eve paid. But I'm really excited for this resort, too! The pool looks like a lot of fun.

I'm noticing that most of the middle-of-the-road options (moderates minus CBR; BRV; AKV) seem to be completely unavailable Summer 2021 through September 2021. I can see how demand for these would be pretty high amidst the rescheduling frenzy, as the price points are desirable... but spot checking throughout the summer months they seem to be totally out of any availability. Wondering if they're only up for the spring for some reason?

Last edited:
The only moderate I saw available in July/August 2021 was CBR....Pop and AoA were the only values and not all deluxes, as I was looking for AKL or WL.

I just pulled 6 night pricing for 2 a/1 c at Pop each week in July 2021 and the preferred pool views were coming in at $251 per night at the highest (4th of july weekend). The average for the month was $212/nt for standard, $240/nt for preferred pool view. A package with standard room and tickets for 7/1-7/7 with 7 day park hoppers was $3436. Still high for Pop but not awful.

I put in a two-week stay, beginning July 19, standard room, and total was over $303 a nite - going to edit , and re-enter and see what happens

The only moderate I saw available in July/August 2021 was CBR....Pop and AoA were the only values and not all deluxes, as I was looking for AKL or WL.

Yes - very odd, since there are more resorts available in the spring 2021 months (specifically CSR and all the DVC resorts listed in the initial post). Again, wondering if all the summer/September dates just got snagged already, or if not all resorts have been made available in the system through summer. Spot checking kind of makes me feel like it's the latter.

So I have a question on this. We looked at renting DVC for December next year at Boardwalk. It's almost $3,000 less to rent DVC points than rack rate. But what happens if we rent and we need to cancel? How does that work. We like the idea that if we book direct with Disney we can cancel at any time up to 30 days before.
if you rent DVC you are pretty much committed to those dates, unless you can find travel insurance that will cover you. We had a points rental for March, and the rental company worked with us to reschedule, but almost like companies now have a clause that they will not do so from here on out. It has to do with the fact that DVC points expire so it would be very hard to re rent them.

I got through to online chat tonight and asked when the end of 2021 would be available for booking and the CM copy-and-pasted the whole paragraph from the blog about booking for 2021 on June 28, so 🤞🤞 that’s actually the case, the waiting is killing me just a little

I have not been able to find any availability at AKL or GDT for spring summer or fall 2021. Sometimes it will show in the resort list with a price but when I move on to select room type nothing is available and no prices listed. So confused. I find it hard to believe everything is gone. That's impossible. Maybe there will be more availability later or Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter