2024 Resort Reservations & Packages Available Wednesday 5/31

I know I just mean I'd rather pay the mystery $3 penalty than not be eligible for the discount if/when the time comes if it's only for packages.

Having a package booked now will not make you anymore eligible for a discount later than someone who has a room only or no room booked at all. If discounts are released, anyone is eligible to book it, no matter if you have a current reservation or not.

The only difference is if you have a package & modify to a discount your deposit will transfer. If you have a room only, your original deposit will be refunded & you make a new deposit. If you have no current reservation, you make the original deposit when you book.

Having a package booked now will not make you anymore eligible for a discount later than someone who has a room only or no room booked at all. If discounts are released, anyone is eligible to book it, no matter if you have a current reservation or not.

The only difference is if you have a package & modify to a discount your deposit will transfer. If you have a room only, your original deposit will be refunded & you make a new deposit. If you have no current reservation, you make the original deposit when you book.
Something I'm saying isn't translating. I'm not talking about booking a package now. I'm talking about just accepting a weirdo $3 penalty difference between a package price and a room+ticket price without question for a theoretical future stay that may or may not happen. In the future. Not today.

Replying to my own earlier post.

It turns out the CM messed up my ressie and booked it for 2023!

OOPS!

I just caught it and called them back.

The updated number is now $1089.62

I am soooo glad I caught the error early!

Only $100 difference from this year to next doesn’t seem too bad.

Something I'm saying isn't translating. I'm not talking about booking a package now. I'm talking about just accepting a weirdo $3 penalty difference between a package price and a room+ticket price without question for a theoretical future stay that may or may not happen. In the future. Not today.

I guess I am not understanding. What does the price today, with or without that $3, have to do with being “eligible” to book a discount if one becomes available? You said it would make you “eligible”. That’s what we’re not getting & trying to explain.

I got in but still having heck of a time booking. Saying my email/password doesn't match, saying bad request.

I will just try later.

I guess I don't really understand the rush unless you are trying to book a very sought after room category that could sell out quickly. I'm curious for next year's prices, but I'm waiting it out a bit until things calm down.

I guess I am not understanding. What does the price today, with or without that $3, have to do with being “eligible” to book a discount if one becomes available? You said it would make you “eligible”. That’s what we’re not getting & trying to explain.

I'm not the person you are asking, but the only thing I can think of that a package would make you eligible for that a room only booking wouldn't is a dining plan. Well that and the option to pay over time. You should be eligible for discounts either way (unless that discount is free dining).

I know I just mean I'd rather pay the mystery $3 penalty than not be eligible for the discount if/when the time comes if it's only for packages.
What? If there isn’t availability to book the room/package at a discount rate at the time you try to “apply” the discount you won’t be able to apply the discount.

I got in then it glitched and now Im back out again. Im just gonna do what @Pyxie says and just wait. I'll try this evening and see if it's died down or tomorrow.

I'm not the person you are asking, but the only thing I can think of that a package would make you eligible for that a room only booking wouldn't is a dining plan. Well that and the option to pay over time. You should be eligible for discounts either way (unless that discount is free dining).

Yes, except anyone would be eligible to book even free dining. As I als ready said, if you have a room only, you’d have to cancel & rebook. But you are still eligible. The only thing that makes someone NOT eligible is if there are none of the room types they are looking for available with that particular discount.

And same thing with a dining plan. Anyone can change their room to package or vice versa by cancelling & rebooking.

I’m in no rush to book, but curious of prices. I’ve had it open on a tab pretty much all day. Said 50 some minutes, and I started doing something. When I came back I was too late to enter, said you only have 10 minutes (if was about 25). No big deal at all, just was funny to me that I could’ve finally checked prices but back to the beginning

Here are the reasons I am booking my rooms now for 2024.

1) I am getting the earliest rack rate.....there are often price increases throughout the year.

2) I am presently holding the room category I want.

3) I now have the exact dates I want

4) If discounts are offered, I may be able to apply them to what I have......(without already having the reservation I may have been forced to book a higher cost room and then apply the discount to that one)

Here are the reasons I am booking my rooms now for 2024.

1) I am getting the earliest rack rate.....there are often price increases throughout the year.

2) I am presently holding the room category I want.

3) I now have the exact dates I want

4) If discounts are offered, I may be able to apply them to what I have......(without already having the reservation I may have been forced to book a higher cost room and then apply the discount to that one)
Do rack/base room rates really change throughout the year? I thought they were fixed once they came out for the year and the only variation in pricing would be for discounts or view changes or package pricing (since ticket prices absolutely change during the year)? I could be wrong, it would just be news to me!

Do rack/base room rates really change throughout the year? I thought they were fixed once they came out for the year and the only variation in pricing would be for discounts or view changes or package pricing (since ticket prices absolutely change during the year)? I could be wrong, it would just be news to me!

In the past it has mostly been fixed but the last few years there has been a midstream rack rate update a few times, so it’s possible and recent past suggests it’s more likely. They haven’t been earth shattering increases, but increases nonetheless.

You are correct. They will only change if a discount is offered. Ticket prices can increase, but rack rates remain the same. If you cancel and rebook or modify a room/ticket package after a ticket price increase, you will pay the increased ticket price. And people booking a room now to "hold it" and then add on a discount when they are released can defeat the purpose. If the rooms are booked, there is no need to offer a discount on that room type or even at that resort.

A discount *in the future at any time* may be only eligible for packages or it may be room only or anything else. I'm saying I'm not going to worry about where the $3 difference comes from if my choices to book *at that time in the future* ended up being package deals and also kinda wondering how often $3 Xs millions of visitors gets overlooked for that reason.

I don't mean that I personally would be eligible for a discount, but that any person booking a package at that time would eligible for a discount *because they clicked the package button instead of going room+ticket*.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter