2024 Summer Virtual Series

Herding_Cats

DIS Veteran
Themes released today! I think they're super cute.
1709826645632.png

Registration on 3/26 and 10am Eastern(WDW time)
$54/individual event
$176/challenge

-Printable mile markers
-Printable finisher certificate
-Challenge says it includes "keepsake item" (assuming mini replica medal pin as usual) and "ear hat snack bowl"
-NO SHIRTS are included in the summer series
-Shipping usually happens in August/September, submitting your times does not affect shipment
-These usually have a much slower sell-out time (generally taking weeks/months, if they sell out at all)

Individual Medals:
1709826802380.png1709826822070.png1709826845915.png

"Challenge" Medal:
1709826882540.png

Last edited:
Interesting that it's not the "Dole Whip" Challenge. I expect TM/$$ would be involved in using that. Also, as much as I really don't get into virtual races, the idea (and moderate cost) of the Mickey Bar medal is intriguing.

Also, it may be fun to create this at home where I eat each item after completing the distance. I mean, I actually have the gear to do.....

Attachments

• MIckey waffler.jpg
    MIckey waffler.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

I find the choices strange -- candy apple but no churro or popcorn? Okay.
This is what I was thinking, but my mind went to Mickey pretzel!

It's hard to convince myself to sign up for any virtual races, really. I'm happy for people who like them, but to me it just feels like I'm paying for a training run without any race atmosphere. But if I did want to do virtual races, I'd seriously consider these - the themes are really cute.

This is what I was thinking, but my mind went to Mickey pretzel!

It's hard to convince myself to sign up for any virtual races, really. I'm happy for people who like them, but to me it just feels like I'm paying for a training run without any race atmosphere. But if I did want to do virtual races, I'd seriously consider these - the themes are really cute.
I feel the same way. I used virtuals during COVID to keep me motivated, but now that races are back, I'm not interested in paying for a training run.

I think these are so cute and I'm so mad because I'm not a virtual race girlie but again these are SO CUTE.

How is a waffle a snack? I thought Mickey pretzel. Totally undecided still and I usually do the Summer Shorts.

How is a waffle a snack? I thought Mickey pretzel. Totally undecided still and I usually do the Summer Shorts.
Sleepy Hollow has it as a snack, although not topped with butter. Really I think they were just going with iconic Mickey/Minnie shaped WDW treats.

They're super cute, but kinda wishes there was a shirt involved too.
I know, I'm bummed about the no t-shirt too. Especially because these would be super cute as a t-shirt.

I'm going to sign up for these as a practice for HM signup, since I've never signed up for an rD event before. I think I'll sign up for the challenge and use the medals as incentives to get out for training runs during the hot and humid summer months.

I think my son would love these, and we could use them as training motivation. Only problem is runDisney doesn't ship to Canada.
I have a friend in the US who I've asked if I could have things sent to her house previously, but I don't know if I want to ask her again.

I think my son would love these, and we could use them as training motivation. Only problem is runDisney doesn't ship to Canada.
I have a friend in the US who I've asked if I could have things sent to her house previously, but I don't know if I want to ask her again.
Have you looked into a reshipper? I think I've seen people using them to get RunDisney virtual packages to Canada.

Have you looked into a reshipper? I think I've seen people using them to get RunDisney virtual packages to Canada.
I have. And honestly, with the amount of stuff I end up buying from the US, it might be worth it.
I'll just have a hard time explaining to my husband that I want to spend money so I can spend more money. Right now, the outrageous shipping costs to Canada are often a good deterrent from me buying stuff (mostly fabrics and bag making hardware)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter