2024 Summer Virtual Series

Last year I think a few of them sold out same day as well, was a bit surprised when it was happening then and am surprised that it's happening again. A lot of demand for these!

I wonder if rD narrowing the virtual options to just this and the Christmas series has anything to do with the seemingly higher demand for these?
Do we know if they've narrowed supply, or if demand has just gone up?

My first reaction was that this was silly. There is no physical constraint on their being to operate a virtual race, they just need to make and ship more medals!

But I assume there is some logistical limit on how many medals their vendor can produce, or how much staff they have to mail packages out, and it isn't worth it to them to invest in the extra capacity for a seasonal event like this. I'm sure if this was their top priority they would find a way, but it's gotta be fairly low on their list.

I assume there is some logistical limit on how many medals their vendor can produce, or how much staff they have to mail packages out, and it isn't worth it to them to invest in the extra capacity for a seasonal event like this.

Exactly this. I think they were stretching it a bit but then ran into issues with the Christmas virtuals where people didn't get their medals-designed-as-ornaments until March. I suspect that has made them pull back a bit to be sure they can meet demand in a shorter timeframe.

I wanted to do this as motivation for my half marathon in November. Something to keep me going during the ungodly hot summer months, but the price was way more than I wanted to pay.

Got an interesting email the morning from Echelon (I have their spin bike and treadmill) saying that they had 1900 entries into the virtual series up for grabs, you just had to be one of the first 1900 to claim. I was #190! Already got confirmation that I'm in and just need to complete sign up when they send the official link out in a couple days.

I gave in and asked my friend if I could use her address to register 🙈 Damn it runDisney. How are you so good at taking my money?
I think the plan is to share the medals between my son and I, or possibly give them all to him, and use it as motivation for his training this summer for wine and dine

This reveal was so cute.

I don't understand the snack bowl though. What are you supposed to use it for? It's super cute, but it's just going to sit on my shelf.
Ummm... Use it as a snack/candy bowl?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter