Oh Amanda, I love love love the new venue!! I'm totally jealous! The Tamu Tamu is gorgeous. Your wedding is going to be amazing. I'm definitely staying tuned in for the rest of the new pj.

yey for a new PJ! I totally agree on the ballroom thing. I took my mom into the Tamu Tamu courtyard when she was down last month because I wanted to see it in person after seeing that photo from the Roots. I totally can't wait to see all your pics! I love the first cake you posted too, it's animal but not too animal printy.

Ohhh I love the leopard one!!! :sad1: I would take out the bottom one (tiger I believe??). I think I need a cake like that for my birthday. It's pretty fun:-)

The more I look at cake the more sad I get about not going to the PS with you!!!

Oh good, I'm glad you've streamlined your PJ! I started reading your old one before, but then it got away from me, I tried to catch up the other day, but got a bit overwhelmed :lmao: so I'm glad I can catch up this way.

Wow. Mandy, I've been following your PJ from the beginning. I think you are so brave making this radical of a change. I have so many questions, as I'd love to do an in park reception someday (although probably at DHS since it's my favorite). It's a shame you have to lose Randy and Stan now, I've read so many mixed things about Disney photography and it seems like you have such little ability to choose the people who are known to be good. But it will be good for you to have the extra money back to devote to other things. Have you gotten your deposits back yet?

And to move to AK is really brave. For me, that one would be the most challenging park, I think. Are there restrictions for what you can do for centerpieces and the like? I know plastic is a big no no. All the restaurants use cardboard straws so as not to pose a danger to the animals. Have they told you about any limitations on decorations, centerpieces, favors, etc. I am guessing they'd have to make sure that any flowers are non-toxic (so for example no hydrangeas which are poisonous -- I just noticed you had them as an idea for Lauren's bouquet-- because loose petals might be a danger to the animals). I also think it's super cool that you are willing to do an outdoor evening reception in March. What time does it get dark? The only thing I'd worry about is a cold snap at night. The average low for that time of year is 55 so not bad. Have you asked about potentially bringing heaters in if it's really cold, or will you just move it to Pizzafari if that's the case? Are you allowed to have a DJ or an iPod set up or is it restricted like in Epcot during the park hours? Since wedding attire isn't allowed in the parks can you wear your dress for the reception or do you have to change? Are you and Eric paying for the guests' park admission for the reception or are they just going to use a day of their park tickets? And is Disney going to be providing transport to the Boardwalk for the afterparty. Will the buses still be running by the time the reception ends. If the ceremony is at 5, I'd imagine the reception would be starting at the tail end of EMH. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE your idea of the after party at Jelly Rolls. How many guests are you expecting? If I remember correctly, JR is not that big, I'd be a little concerned about it filling to capacity before the party got there and people not getting in, but you can just move the festivities over to ADH which is plenty big enough. Well, this sounds fantastic -- a true fairytale for you and Eric. Please, please please post your BEO as soon as you get it as I am sure it will help all of us figure out how to make our fairytales work.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the cake and theme!! It's so exotic and unique! :)

Your ring is absolutely gorgeous also!!

Keep the updates coming, it's encouraging for us indecisive type! :goodvibes:goodvibes

LOVE LOVE LOVE the cake and theme!! It's so exotic and unique! :)

Your ring is absolutely gorgeous also!!

Keep the updates coming, it's encouraging for us indecisive type! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Thanks! I know I'm not the only indecisive bride :rotfl: It all works out in the end!

Ok YAY for starting a new PJ!

And OMG you're having the wedding of my dreams! I saw the tamu tamu reception location too and i fell in love!! its so beautiful! I'm sooooo excited for you!!! I love everything.

I'm glad you and eric sat down and figured everything out and this is going to be one amazing wedding. Can't wait!

I've never heard of this reception location. Where exactly at AK is it located? It looks very nice. AK is my favorite park.

I think necklaces are hard with halter dresses. Halter dresses typically look best without a necklace. I just wore earrings with mine. But I'm not much of a jewelry wearer anyway. Lol.

Very cool that you are using Animal Kingdom - that is so unique and fun!!! :goodvibes

We are also doing a dessert party for our welcome reception - and thankfully the FMIL is also paying for us too! Just made more sense than a rehearsal dinner.

Cant wait to hear more :)

oh Amanda! I love that cake. I'm getting more excited for your wedding and theme than I am about mine!! :laughing: I mean, I love your theme and wish I had more one to my wedding.... now you have me thinking!

hey! I like the new theming! Out of the 3 cakes you had up I liked the one you picked! It will be so much fun! The location is awesome! I look forward to hearing more!

Hi mandy!!

I have to admit before I start to being really bad at keeping up with PJs, so apologies if you mentioned any of these changes in your old one.

But WOW! What a turn around, that AK location looks reallly cool and so different! I remember seeing the photos on the Roots website and thinking how great it looked all decorated. Hope it works out as well for you guys. :) I look forward to hearing what you decide as decoration, as you could really make that location wonderful with the right touches complementing what Disney has already put there. I also think the idea of a themed band could work well, as some subtle background music would really make you feel like you'd been transported somewhere.

And can I just say - sugahjunior - we all totally need someone like you helping with our plans! I must admit I jsut saw the AK location and thought "oooh, pretty" and then read your post and was like "good point, good point!" I wish I was as level headed!

I'm so glad that everything is coming together for you. I loove the AK location, the pictures that the Roots did are fantastic and the location is beautiful.

The cakes are cute, I really like the animal print.

I've never heard of this reception location. Where exactly at AK is it located? It looks very nice. AK is my favorite park.

I think necklaces are hard with halter dresses. Halter dresses typically look best without a necklace. I just wore earrings with mine. But I'm not much of a jewelry wearer anyway. Lol.
I found a few necklaces I liked but they didn't fit with the beading on the dress. I am totally ok with it, I didn't really have my heart set on anything.

It's Erics' Favorite park too!

Very cool that you are using Animal Kingdom - that is so unique and fun!!! :goodvibes

We are also doing a dessert party for our welcome reception - and thankfully the FMIL is also paying for us too! Just made more sense than a rehearsal dinner.

Cant wait to hear more :)
Yea she originally wanted a full dinner so I am glad we compromised on this. It's nice that they are offering to do it.

oh Amanda! I love that cake. I'm getting more excited for your wedding and theme than I am about mine!! :laughing: I mean, I love your theme and wish I had more one to my wedding.... now you have me thinking!

Aww thanks! I am super excited about seeing everything together!

hey! I like the new theming! Out of the 3 cakes you had up I liked the one you picked! It will be so much fun! The location is awesome! I look forward to hearing more!
Thanks!! I love that cake too, hopefully Disney can do it.

Hi mandy!!

I have to admit before I start to being really bad at keeping up with PJs, so apologies if you mentioned any of these changes in your old one.

But WOW! What a turn around, that AK location looks reallly cool and so different! I remember seeing the photos on the Roots website and thinking how great it looked all decorated. Hope it works out as well for you guys. :) I look forward to hearing what you decide as decoration, as you could really make that location wonderful with the right touches complementing what Disney has already put there. I also think the idea of a themed band could work well, as some subtle background music would really make you feel like you'd been transported somewhere.

And can I just say - sugahjunior - we all totally need someone like you helping with our plans! I must admit I jsut saw the AK location and thought "oooh, pretty" and then read your post and was like "good point, good point!" I wish I was as level headed!

Lauren just showed me those pictures that Roots took. I had only seen the one in Carries book. I actually don't think the location needs much. Definitely linens and a center piece but it looks so pretty lit up at night! I am also curious to see what options are for a band and how much.

I actually don't mind any of the restrictions that are set up. I think the location is just beautiful and it's going to be a lot of fun for us and our guests!:cool1:

Loving the new PJ. The tamu tamu sounds really exciting. Just to let you know the smallest DPS package is 3 hrs. We are using DPS for our getting ready and the ceremony then Misty for the rest of the day. Love the cake choice. Good luck on everything! Ps...your ring is on its way to you...mailed it yesterday morning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter