• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

25 Things we learned from our recent trip...

Thank you all so much for your kind replies. I knew that the sleeping child bit would touch a tender nerve with many of us here. I had drafted these thoughts while we were still at WDW with the help of my family. Then I had a big surprise when last night, after our flight home from Orlando was delayed 6 hours, my 14 year old DD actually curled up on the plane and slept with her head in my lap. She has not done that for years. I found joy in every uncomfortable moment. All I could think of was the mother daughter I had observed on the bus back to the hotel from late EMH at MK.

These moments are to be treasured - especially when it is easier to look at a sleeping child as simply "recharging". :rotfl:

Did you really have to post #20... now I can't see my keyboard/screen

I came searching for posts about how awful the rain will be during our trip this month... and happy-chanced on your post. Thanks for the gentle reminder that it really just doesn't matter :-)

Ten years ago on our disney honeymoon my husband and I "awww"-ed at every sleeping child and dreamed about when we would bring our kids. Then we struggled with infertility for many years, and worried our dream might not come true... but it did :cool1: And we glee-fully brought our 1yo a few years ago, and I got all teary-eyed seeing him up on daddy's shoulders during the Dreams Come True parade. If only you believe...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter