2BR at VWL or OKW?

Disneymooner07

Mouseketeer
We are going this summer as a party of 6 - 4 adults and a 5 year old and 2 year old. I can't decide if we should stay at OKW for more space or VWL for boat to MK and more amenities (restaurants, pool)? Help! :o

Neither is a wrong decision. Both are great resorts. Given the ages of the children I would give the nod to VWL for two reasons:

1. Proximity to MK.

2. OKW doesn't have elevators in most buildings. Therefore unless you get a ground level room, you would be hauling your stroller and kiddos up and down 1-2 flights of stairs every time you come and go. That's a big deal when you return from a full day at the parks, and both kids fall asleep on the way back- carrying two kids and a stroller up can be daunting. Been there, done that. Something worth considering at least, before you book.

I'm slightly biased, but I'd go with VWL, as well, for the same reasons already mentioned. You can also take advantage of the Cubs' Den if you want to have a superb, adults-only meal at Artist Point. There are plenty of activities for families to do at WL and at nearby FW. But, either resort would be wonderful.

Okay, I am convinced :) Just called and switched to VWL, woohoo!! :cool1:

Is it easy to get to FW from VWL/WL? I didn't really even think about being able to take advantage of FW, but I do think the kids would really like that if it's easy to get to!

Okay, I am convinced :) Just called and switched to VWL, woohoo!! :cool1:

Is it easy to get to FW from VWL/WL? I didn't really even think about being able to take advantage of FW, but I do think the kids would really like that if it's easy to get to!
There are a few ways to get to FW, and the easiest is to walk. That being said, it's right at a mile one way (doesn't seem that long given all the nature you might see: deer, rabbits, turtles, even hawks) which might be a bit much for the kiddos. It's a leisurely walk, though, and one the kids might like. There is also a bike rental shop at WL that sits right behind the Villas' Hidden Springs pool area. They have all manners of bikes including surreys. The final method is quite easy and fun--take a boat! There is a boat that goes directly to FW from the docks at WL. That might be the most fun, though it could be the longest if you have to wait a bit for a boat. No matter the method, FW is a nice place to visit. I'm sure you'll enjoy your visit! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter