How to Use Gift Cards to Pay for Purchases

Becky Mouse

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

I've only been to WDW once since all the mobile ordering and everything started, and we didn't use gift cards that trip. In the past, before mobile ordering, we could scan our MagicBands at the counter service restaurants, and our bill would be attached to our room's portfolio. Later, I could go to the front desk and pay it with gift cards.

Now that there is mobile ordering, won't my credit card just be automatically charged when I place an order? And for Genie+ as well? How do you set it up so you can pay for those using your Disney gift cards?

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but thanks in advance for the help!

Many suggest making a note on your phone with the gift card number so you can copy/paste during mobile ordering. There is no way to save the gift card to your MDE account.

Many suggest making a note on your phone with the gift card number so you can copy/paste during mobile ordering. There is no way to save the gift card to your MDE account.
Thank you! That makes sense. By brain was stuck in the past when I'd pay at the hotel using gift cards, and I was worried about not being able to charge to the room. It makes sense that I can just pay for the order with the gift card! Thanks for the help, and I'll definitely use that tip about saving the number for easy access.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter