2yo in the parks how mauch can they really do?

Twilightlover

Mouseketeer
Our nephew will be two when we visit the parks again. I really wasn't paying that much attention to height requirements but I was wondering how much he'll be able to do at the parks?

Our nephew will be two when we visit the parks again. I really wasn't paying that much attention to height requirements but I was wondering how much he'll be able to do at the parks?

We went with our 2yo daughter last June and are going again at Christmas. :banana:

While she certainly couldn't do as much as her older cousins, she had a blast. There were 11 of us on the trip (6 adults & 5 kids). Most of the kids were boys between the ages of 7 and 10. So, we had to balance our time between attractions for adults, older kids, and my daughter. So, I'm sure there are lots of things she could've done that we missed. These are just the ride/attractions we did with her.

AK - Kilimanjaro Safari; Finding Nemo The Musical; Festival of the Lion King; Triceratops Spin (she LOVED this ride - we rode it 4 times in a row b/c the park was closing and a storm was moving in so there were no lines). There may have been other things we could've done with her (Paganani; The Boneyard, etc) but that was our arrival day so time in the park was cut short.

Epcot - When we arrived, most of our clan went straight to Mission:Space and I took her over to get FP for Soarin'. Just as we were coming back from getting the FP, the Character Spot was opening with everyone (Mickey, Minnie, Chip & Dale, Goofy). So, we stopped there, then we waited for everyone at the pop-up fountains by Club Cool. She loved playing and splashing in the fountains (who knew - we travel all that way and she loves the fountains). Anyway, then she rode Journey Into Imagination; The Seas With Nemo (she loved looking around the Aquarium after that - we missed Turtle Talk with Crush); The River of Time (Mexico); and we took the boat across the lagoon to Germany (which she loved and thought was a "ride"). Out of our whole trip, the only ride she couldn't do that I was disappointed about was Soarin'. She has a bit of a daredevil streak in her and loves the part in Peter Pan where they learn to fly; so, I think she would've like Soarin' (also for the kiddos, the seats in Soarin' buckle kind of like a highchair with a strap between the legs so I really don't think there's a safety concern). Anyway, we road Soarin' in 3 different groups; so, someone always waited with her, but I wish she could've done it.

HS - The very first thing we did that day was Playhouse Disney Live on Stage and she loved it. Then, we rode the Great Movie Ride; saw the Indiana Jones Show (which held her attention fairly well); saw The Little Mermaid Show; Muppets 3-D (although, she didn't keep the glasses on); and Toy Story Midway Mania (again, she didn't wear the glasses and didn't actually "hit" a single item, but she LOVED pulling on the string and moving the controller (is that what it's called) around). Then, we saw Fantasmic, which really held her attention, as well. I think there was a Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground that we missed.

MK - Pooh's Storybook (although, the thunderstorm part scared her a bit); Peter Pan's Flight; Dumbo; Small World; The Carousel (I don't know the official name??); and Haunted Mansion. Pirates was not open and we missed the Jungle Cruise. In fact, I think there is quite a bit more we missed at MK that she could've done, and I'm looking forward to more MK time in Dec. :yay:

Anyway, hope that helps.

THANK YOU:worship: Your break down was amazing. I want my nephew and his parents to have a great time and I want to take him around while they have fun so i want to see what to do. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter