3 Grannies, Disney Dancing & Deviltry! Oh, my!!

Good Morning! :goodvibes

It will be a boring day for Resort planning...nothing more to do...except hope for a room discount...cannot even check for BWV availability until may 6th, so twiddling my thumbs until then...but on June 6th we can start making ADR's! So we can be getting those in order!

Here's our list of possibilities so far: (pretty sure I forgot some)

TS
Ohana Braskfast or
Kona breakafst
Rose and Crown
Vai Napoli
Trails End
Plaza

CS
FTBBQ
Columbia Harbour House
Cosmic Rays
EofS

Where else? Has to be easy to get to and serve food plain enough for me to eat!:thumbsup2

Have a great day!! Will check in later. :)

Rose and Crown has an awesome new dessert menu that I am dieing to try !! They no longer have my favorite dish listed but several others sound very tempting !!! I first went to CHH based on Jordan's recommendation and it has been a MUST do ever since !!It is a counter service but has a TS setting for eating !! I love the shrimp. fries and slaw .Never eaten at Trails End but Christine loves it sooo try it we will !! Via Napoli has been on my list to do for a while . I am presumong Christine has checked out the menu for possible allergies for her . My staff say I have a caste iron stiomach as eat just about anything with a few exceptions :rotfl2:NO FROG LEGS ever :lmao:

That sounds like a great list so far! I want to try Columbia Harbour House on our upcoming trip since I hear so many good things about their food.
Try CHH you will love it !!!

....and I do not mean a sandwich!!:woohoo:

Resort is decided and booked! Rosie and I will be laying our sleepy heads in a BLT standard view studio!:cool1: Never did I think we would wind up at BLT - but... a DIS friend already happened to have a reservation for our dates and offered to rent those points!:dance3:

Okay, so the BLT studio is not much larger than a POP room, but it is all about location, location, location! ::yes::

Karin, do I remember that you & Tom stayed at BLT in February for 2 nights? Was it a std room and what did you think? What was your view?:goodvibes

Rosie, no daily housekeeping, so you're going to have to be extra neat!! :yay: I am going to pay for extra towels though because I need more than 2 for 5 nights! (we do get fresh towels and trash emptied on day 4, but I'll need more towels sooner than that!)

Tomorrow will have all the ressie info - will send a link, Rosie.:thumbsup2

Nighty night, all! Sweet dreams!:angel:

....and I do not mean a sandwich!!:woohoo:

Resort is decided and booked! Rosie and I will be laying our sleepy heads in a BLT standard view studio!:cool1: Never did I think we would wind up at BLT - but... a DIS friend was already holding exactly our dates and happened to already have a reservation for our dates and offered to rent points!:dance3:

Okay, so the BLT studio is not much larger than a POP room, but it is all about location, location, location! ::yes::

Karin, do I remember that you & Tom stayed at BLT in February for 2 nights? Was it a std room and what did you think? What was your view?:goodvibes

Rosie, no daily housekeeping, so you're going to have to be extra neat!! :yay: I am going to pay for extra towels though because I need more than 2 for 5 nights!

Tomorrow will have all the ressie info - will send a link, Rosie.:thumbsup2

Nighty night, all! Sweet dreams!:angel:

I am so excited !!My first stay anywhere but Pop !!A monorail resort too !!!!!
So we have the Resort Bayview , the dates Dec 6th thru 11th, getting Hoppers and the ddp !! Wow we have come a long way !!!! As for me being neat!!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:Seriosly I am not a neat freak but I am not a slob either , so I think we will be fine !!!

I am so excited !!My first stay anywhere but Pop !!A monorail resort too !!!!!
So we have the Resort Bayview , the dates Dec 6th thru 11th, getting Hoppers and the ddp !! Wow we have come a long way !!!! As for me being neat!!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:Seriosly I am not a neat freak but I am not a slob either , so I think we will be fine !!!

Aw, just teasin' about your not being neat :hug: We'll be better than fine...we're going have a great time!!:cool1:

Offically, it is Bay Lake Tower....although our view will likely be of the parking lot and trash. Going to look for some photos and will post the link. :thumbsup2

First off ..... congrats on BLT! You CANNOT beat the location! :thumbsup2

And yes, we stayed at BLT in February in a Lakeview Studio. We had an awesome view of the lake and ALL of WDW! Did see AK (= Everest), DHS - the Tower, Epcot, even saw the fireworks from our balcony (with adult beverage in hand :rotfl2:) - then there were the roofs of the WL and the Contemporary and if you hung out a bit you could even see over to the MK! :cloud9:

Beware! The rooms are small (but nice). There is only one full bed and a pullout couch. But we loved the little kitchen.
Do NOT forget to go up to the top to watch the fireworks from there and have a drink at the lounge! :thumbsup2

DSC_0891.jpg

Hi, Karin...sounds wonderful!!! Thank you for the photo. What floor were you on? Would you stay there again? Wish I could swing a LV. With a std we could get a view of a cement roof over the ac units or loading docks...but that view also includes the end of the lake, a side view of Tomorrowland and Wishes...or we could get a view of the monorail...or possibly a 1st floor looking toward the Marina. :) Pat is requesting 5th fl north side. Saw some photos of the first fl with marina view and it was very nice!

We almost stayed there when it was brand new, but the studio is 300 sq ft - a value room is 260...so at least I know what to expect. I really do not understand why they made the studios so small - DVC members are still paying top dollar and the number of points is among the highest for a std studio....for this trip it is just 4 points less than VWL.

Tonight I am going to look through a couple of Dis thread that post info and photos of BLT rooms. :)

I think the best that can be said for BLT is location, yes? Oh, is the sink inside the bathroom now? Oh, sadly, we cannot go up to the Lounge as it is reserved for owners only.

Hi, Karin...sounds wonderful!!! Thank you for the photo. What floor were you on? Would you stay there again? Wish I could swing a LV. With a std we could get a view of a cement roof over the ac units or loading docks...but that view also includes the end of the lake, a side view of Tomorrowland and Wishes...or we could get a view of the monorail...or possibly a 1st floor looking toward the Marina. :) Pat is requesting 5th fl north side. Saw some photos of the first fl with marina view and it was very nice!

We almost stayed there when it was brand new, but the studio is 300 sq ft - a value room is 260...so at least I know what to expect. I really do not understand why they made the studios so small - DVC members are still paying top dollar and the number of points is among the highest for a std studio....for this trip it is just 4 points less than VWL.

Tonight I am going to look through a couple of Dis thread that post info and photos of BLT rooms. :)

I think the best that can be said for BLT is location, yes? Oh, is the sink inside the bathroom now? Oh, sadly, we cannot go up to the Lounge as it is reserved for owners only.

We were on the 8th floor - that's what I requested and we got it. We would stay there again in a heartbeat. We LOVED it there. :thumbsup2
One of the HUGE selling points for us was the close proximity to the MK. To be able to just walk over is heaven for us!
You never know WHAT view is considered whatever .... so I am keeping my fingers crossed you will get something really cool. ;)

The sink is inside the bathroom, yes and it has a sliding door which needed some time to get used to! :lmao:
Ups, sorry forgot about the lounge being owners only. I cannot, for the life of me remember if they asked for our membership card or not, but we sure had to show something ..... might have been the membership card.

Christine, I have loads of photos of BLT on my homepage ... in the February 2012 thread (Day 6) ..... photobucket is acting up, so I cannot upload it, but the link to my homepage is in my signature. :goodvibes

Our family loves the Trails End Buffet. We eat there every trip. It's on the itinerary for 1st night and may do again on the off day. You'll enjoy it I think.

First off ..... congrats on BLT! You CANNOT beat the location! :thumbsup2

And yes, we stayed at BLT in February in a Lakeview Studio. We had an awesome view of the lake and ALL of WDW! Did see AK (= Everest), DHS - the Tower, Epcot, even saw the fireworks from our balcony (with adult beverage in hand :rotfl2:) - then there were the roofs of the WL and the Contemporary and if you hung out a bit you could even see over to the MK! :cloud9:

Beware! The rooms are small (but nice). There is only one full bed and a pullout couch. But we loved the little kitchen.
Do NOT forget to go up to the top to watch the fireworks from there and have a drink at the lounge! :thumbsup2

DSC_0891.jpg

I will love it !sooo close to MK !! The mono will get us to Poly too !!!!!

Our family loves the Trails End Buffet. We eat there every trip. It's on the itinerary for 1st night and may do again on the off day. You'll enjoy it I think.
I have never eaten there but Christine loves it so I am gonna too !!:yay:

We were on the 8th floor - that's what I requested and we got it. We would stay there again in a heartbeat. We LOVED it there. :thumbsup2
One of the HUGE selling points for us was the close proximity to the MK. To be able to just walk over is heaven for us!
You never know WHAT view is considered whatever .... so I am keeping my fingers crossed you will get something really cool. ;)

The sink is inside the bathroom, yes and it has a sliding door which needed some time to get used to! :lmao:
Ups, sorry forgot about the lounge being owners only. I cannot, for the life of me remember if they asked for our membership card or not, but we sure had to show something ..... might have been the membership card.

Christine, I have loads of photos of BLT on my homepage ... in the February 2012 thread (Day 6) ..... photobucket is acting up, so I cannot upload it, but the link to my homepage is in my signature. :goodvibes

I am very excited!!! Hoe could I have forgotten about your homepage! I visit there all the time.:goodvibes Will definitely go look some more...probably many times before December!

Almost time for DLPR!!! So excited for you and Tom!!!:hug:

I think Rosie will enjoy too! And I LOVE sitting on the rocking chairs on the front porch!:lovestruc

I will love it !sooo close to MK !! The mono will get us to Poly too !!!!!
I have never eaten there but Christine loves it so I am gonna too !!:yay:

Poly is my "home" resort, but CR was our first Resort stay in 1981 - this is going to be such a fun trip!!

Rosie, once you have your Oct ADR's figured out we'll start on ours - when can we begin making those??? I don't have a chart handy, but it must be around the 6th of June? :yay:

Rosie, check out Karin's BLT page from their Feb stay! We are going to have our photo taken with the same Mickey ears! We have one with my kids and all the kids who went with us when they were growing up. Brings back so many memories....:cloud9:

Reading Karen's BLT report again, makes me so happy we were fortunate enough to get BLT. :goodvibes

Karen, love your TR's! :hug:

I am very excited!!! Hoe could I have forgotten about your homepage! I visit there all the time.:goodvibes Will definitely go look some more...probably many times before December!

Almost time for DLPR!!! So excited for you and Tom!!!:hug:

I think Rosie will enjoy too! And I LOVE sitting on the rocking chairs on the front porch!:lovestruc

Poly is my "home" resort, but CR was our first Resort stay in 1981 - this is going to be such a fun trip!!

Rosie, once you have your Oct ADR's figured out we'll start on ours - when can we begin making those??? I don't have a chart handy, but it must be around the 6th of June? :yay:

I was just trying to figure them out I am taking some that Carol had suggested and some of mine and seeing how they fit in with Theme Park hours and pardes etc !!I have to find out for sure whether it is Sept or October and then I will be calling Mary the TA , she has done agreat job and I think I can see the perfect spot for the dessert party as well IF it is on that night !!

I was just trying to figure them out I am taking some that Carol had suggested and some of mine and seeing how they fit in with Theme Park hours and pardes etc !!I have to find out for sure whether it is Sept or October and then I will be calling Mary the TA , she has done agreat job and I think I can see the perfect spot for the dessert party as well IF it is on that night !!

Oh, what fun to do the Dessert Party on your Sept/Oct trip!

I am not sure how you book them but I know Dan knows !!! I don't know when the dates are available either !!Of course I need our dates for Sept/October first !!!:lmao:

I know how too!! We did the Dessert Party last trip. Your TA can book it for your group..... and I can call for us! :thumbsup2

Yeah, the dates would help!!! ::yes::

You can book the dessert party online! ;)

Oh, that's right!!! I did that last time...see, it has been far too long between Disney trips for me! ::yes::

Have not heard back from the DISer I am renting points from...fear she changed her mind and has not told me. :( She already had the dates booked and was going to change the name on the reservation. That was Tuesday.... a bit disappointing.

It's okay...if it is meant to be, then we will hear from her...if not, then on May 6th we can try through someone else I know and see what is available.

Rosie, let's think about where we'd be willing to stay because I will have to give him an answer immediately.

BWV & BLT are sold out
OKW - perfect of course ;), but we decided not for this trip.

Would any of these be okay?

Beach Club Villas (prob sold out)
Villa Wilderness Lodge
Animal Kingdom Villa - Jambo Savannah view

I am not sure we can get any of these - DVC resorts book up January for the following December. Fingers crossed!:goodvibes

Oh, that's right!!! I did that last time...see, it has been far too long between Disney trips for me! ::yes::

Have not heard back from the DISer I am renting points from...fear she changed her mind and has not told me. :( She already had the dates booked and was going to change the name on the reservation. That was Tuesday.... a bit disappointing.

It's okay...if it is meant to be, then we will hear from her...if not, then on May 6th we can try through someone else I know and see what is available.

Rosie, let's think about where we'd be willing to stay because I will have to give him an answer immediately.

BWV & BLT are sold out
OKW - perfect of course ;), but we decided not for this trip.

Would any of these be oka

Beach Club Villas (prob sold out)
Villa Wilderness Lodge
Animal Kingdom Villa - Jambo Savannah view

I am not sure we can get any of these - DVC resorts book up January for the following December. Fongers crossed!:goodvibes

I vote if no Bayview , then AOA!!!!u shouldn't have sent those pix !!!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter