3D Glasses Flying Off on Gringotts

helenb

Wishing for the World...
We rode Gringotts this afternoon, and on one of the spinny turns, my 3D glasses flew off and landed in my husband’s lap. I have never had this happen to me on any 3D ride before. Then we rode again, and on a different turn, my son’s and my husband’s glasses both flew off. About 5 seconds later, they stopped the ride. We waited for about 5 minutes, then went through the rest of the ride with the lights on. When we got back to the loading dock, we told the attendant what had happened, but he told us that the glasses flying off did not stop the ride. And he didn’t seem concerned about it.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

My 3D glasses have flown off on this ride twice. The first time I was quite panicked as it felt like my actual glasses had flown off. Thankfully it was just the 3D ones and my husband ended up with them in his lap. The ride didn't stop, but the glasses had remained in our car. I could see it being an issue if someone else's glasses flew outside the car and landed in a bad spot.

I had it happen to me. Wearing my normal glasses with a strap , 3 d glasses flew off at the last scene before you go back to station. Never found them. I hold on to the glasses for that part on subsequent rides.

Just had this happen yesterday, too. Thought it was the cool Jan. temps and no sweat to get them to stick on.

While it’s never happened to me in this ride, this is something I would’ve immediately notified the TM about.

Then again this is also me knowing I have a big head, but there is a chance those glasses have seen it’s last days

Last edited:
We did notify the TM when we got to the unloading platform, but he didn’t seem to care, even though the maintenance guys picked up the fallen glasses from the track.

We rode again today and the spins felt less ‘violent’, like they had toned them down.

That happened to all 4 of us (me, husband, two kids) on the ride. Husband and I both were able to snatch ours as they were flying off, but kids' both fell on the floor. We gave ours to our kids and told them to hold them on their faces. The second time we rode, we all just kept a hand on the side of the glasses to keep them from flying.

I had glasses from a kid in the row in front of me fly off, hit my leg and fall to my foot during the ride. When we stopped I retrieved the glasses and gave them to the kid, because he was upset about losing them and thought he'd get in trouble. His mom was concerned that someone could get hurt and told a TM, but they said it happens a lot without any reports of injuries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter