4/24/2010 Med cruise: Friends, Romans, Countrymen lend me your Ears

I'm so glad to see people are getting there gradually :hug:

Looks like all the flights on Easy Jet are leaving Stanstead today, I'm still a bit nervous that things may change but if it does we'll get to Malta on Monday. Gonna check tomorrow too and hopefully all the Saturday flights will be normal.

Safe trip everyone and see you Saturday :goodvibes

Just catching up on here, and hopefully everybody will now make it:woohoo::woohoo: , i am just doing my last minute packing and now hoping to fly friday morning , our flight is on the board so fingers crossed we will fly tomorrow, but until i am actually there i dont think i will get excited , we still have a ferry reservation as a back up plan :eek::eek: but dont realy want to drive across france and Spain!!
Hopefully see you all on the boat

Sandra

Howdy from Barcelona! So glad to hear so many of you are making progress on flights! We should celebrate with a martini tasting parting.

Sorry we missed you Belinda, I couldn't get the kids out of bed this morning.

Yes, the meet up is at 3:00 on Saturday at the Promenade Lounge.

Did we find the location/time of fireworks? Or is the Fountains meet up still on for Friday night?

So excited, and exhausted after a long day at Montserrat today.

Be seeing you!

Julie

Howdy from Barcelona! So glad to hear so many of you are making progress on flights! We should celebrate with a martini tasting parting.

Did we find the location/time of fireworks? Or is the Fountains meet up still on for Friday night?

Be seeing you!

Julie

Hey, we spent the day there to! My son got back to the hotel and has an earache this evening. I told my husband we should bring meds! We plan to be at the fountains tomorrow evening as well, if we still meet.
:cool1:

If anyone will be blogging throughout the cruise, please give me the address so that I can post the blog to our May 5 website! Have a great time!:wizard:

If anyone will be blogging throughout the cruise, please give me the address so that I can post the blog to our May 5 website! Have a great time!:wizard:

I cannot cut and paste on my phone but you can find the link to mine under trip reports.

YEAH -- DS and I made it, hopefully DH will be able to get in Saturday morning! It is now 10:42 pm, and DS is refusing to go to sleep. I letting him stay up, because we want him to have a later bedtime on the ship.

Staying at the Marriott Airport, and plan on taking the shuttle into the city tomorrow, and doing the hop-on/hop-off bus. I don't think we will do the fountain or port meet. Not sure I want to be making my way back to the hotel on my own in the dark, so we will see you all on Saturday.

Congrats to all those who have made it, or are on their way. Anyone heard from NC Tink?

It is about 22:40 here in Barcelona on thursday night and fireworks start going off. We run to the window to see what is up, and my son says he sees a Disney ship coming into port. Could this be?:confused3:cool1:

If one of you has the time to check for me, I would love to know if Cloverly Mitchell (assistant server) will be on the June 12 sailing of the Baltics. My hard drive crashed and I lost her email info.
My parents are celebrating an early 50th anniversay and I would love Cloverly to be our server again.
Many thanks in advance for taking the time out of your busy schedule.:worship:
Have a wonderful trip. Looking forward to the Live on the Magic part 2.

Heidi

OMG - I can't believe it...We're here!!! We finally got into Barcelona around 11pm tonight -- we even saw the fireworks, at the port, from our plane, as we flew over the city!

It's been a long two days - our flights out of NY became a true comedy. We drove from central NJ to JFK in NY only to find that our flight had been diverted and was departing from Newark in NJ!! So, the airline bused us to Newark to find that the flights were severely overbooked. Well after stressing and speaking to about 5 different individuals and being sent to 3 different lines we got to the correct line and were told that we were 99.9% certain to get on the flight because we had confirmed "tickets" We stood in lines for about 2.5 hours -- it was crazy there! Then, on top of being taken to a different airport - we were also delayed 9 hours and didn't leave until about 3:15am EST. We missed our connection in Brussels, but were put on a flight out at 8:50pm tonight. Arrived BCN at 10:50pm -- got a taxi out front because we didn't even have time to arrange transports.

So, I think we're gonna relax tomorrow - walk up and down Las Ramblas -- we're staying right on Las Ramblas. The hotel was pricey - but I didn't really have a chance to research - needed to make a quick decision yesterday. We decided on convenience. Does anyone know if there will be fireworks again tomorrow night? What time is everyone meeting at the fountain? And where exactly is it? My brain is fried and I can't remember - hoping someone can fill in this clueless individual :lmao:

Happy to finally be here -- sending pixie dust to everyone who's still trying to get here!!

Be seeing you!

Julie

How was the day in Monsterrat? Did you find it easy to do? Any tips to share on getting there, etc

We had hoped to do this this week but we never made it into Barcelona. As part of our reshuffling on plans, assuming we get to Rome this weekend and board the ship in Naples, we'll be staying in Barcelona for some time after cruise and want to do Monsterrat as a day trip. Thus my interest in your experience today.

OMG - I can't believe it...We're here!!! We finally got into Barcelona around 11pm tonight -- we even saw the fireworks, at the port, from our plane, as we flew over the city!

It's been a long two days - our flights out of NY became a true comedy. We drove from central NJ to JFK in NY only to find that our flight had been diverted and was departing from Newark in NJ!! So, the airline bused us to Newark to find that the flights were severely overbooked. Well after stressing and speaking to about 5 different individuals and being sent to 3 different lines we got to the correct line and were told that we were 99.9% certain to get on the flight because we had confirmed "tickets" We stood in lines for about 2.5 hours -- it was crazy there! Then, on top of being taken to a different airport - we were also delayed 9 hours and didn't leave until about 3:15am EST. We missed our connection in Brussels, but were put on a flight out at 8:50pm tonight. Arrived BCN at 10:50pm -- got a taxi out front because we didn't even have time to arrange transports.

So, I think we're gonna relax tomorrow - walk up and down Las Ramblas -- we're staying right on Las Ramblas. The hotel was pricey - but I didn't really have a chance to research - needed to make a quick decision yesterday. We decided on convenience. Does anyone know if there will be fireworks again tomorrow night? What time is everyone meeting at the fountain? And where exactly is it? My brain is fried and I can't remember - hoping someone can fill in this clueless individual :lmao:

Happy to finally be here -- sending pixie dust to everyone who's still trying to get here!!

Let me first say how happy it is to hear you and the family made it! What an experience you have had getting to this cruise. I hope the rest of the trip goes MUCH better and you all have fun.

We are on a plane Sat headed to Rome. I tried last night to see if any flights to Barcelona would pop up and they didn't. We even checked early this morning. Nothing. Oddly enough, some flights from JFK to BCN did pop up but the time my husband saw it, too late for us to reshuffle back (I sunk back into a depressed state for about 30 minutes after I heard 4 seats popped up after all and it was too late for us to get on them today.

But we will stick with our current plan and will spend a few days in Rome, Tuesday take a train to Naples. Disney has arranged for someone to meet us at the hotel early in the morning to bring us to the cruise ship. We don't know yet if they have been able to figure out how to get us to still do our shore excursion to Mt Vesuvius and Pompeii that we booked since we won't have been on the ship yet to do what is the meet up for this. So still hoping for us that this piece comes together or we'll be very disappointed.

We've spent last few days rearranging all these plans, getting hotels in Italy, etc. Still need to buy our tickets for the train to Naples from Rome on Tuesday.

Enjoy! I'm sure you are all thrilled to be in Barcelona and more than ready to board the Magic.

Let me first say how happy it is to hear you and the family made it! What an experience you have had getting to this cruise. I hope the rest of the trip goes MUCH better and you all have fun.

We are on a plane Sat headed to Rome. I tried last night to see if any flights to Barcelona would pop up and they didn't. We even checked early this morning. Nothing. Oddly enough, some flights from JFK to BCN did pop up but the time my husband saw it, too late for us to reshuffle back (I sunk back into a depressed state for about 30 minutes after I heard 4 seats popped up after all and it was too late for us to get on them today.

But we will stick with our current plan and will spend a few days in Rome, Tuesday take a train to Naples. Disney has arranged for someone to meet us at the hotel early in the morning to bring us to the cruise ship. We don't know yet if they have been able to figure out how to get us to still do our shore excursion to Mt Vesuvius and Pompeii that we booked since we won't have been on the ship yet to do what is the meet up for this. So still hoping for us that this piece comes together or we'll be very disappointed.

We've spent last few days rearranging all these plans, getting hotels in Italy, etc. Still need to buy our tickets for the train to Naples from Rome on Tuesday.

Enjoy! I'm sure you are all thrilled to be in Barcelona and more than ready to board the Magic.

OH - I'm so sorry those flights didn't get to work out for you! I know I would be seriously depressed too! We were of the mindset that this was gonna be all or nothing for us -- so I commend you for making lemonade out of lemons. I would do that -- but my DH was really set on if we can't make it to Barcelona - then we're just not gonna make it.

Hope you have a great time in Rome -- I would love to be able to spend more time there. But, I guess this gives me the reason to have to come back to Europe. Plus, we missed our London portion -- and I really want to get to England one of these years. Bright side is that I'll probably get to visit for a lot longer than just 3 days :cool1: There's always a silver lining!

I hope DCL is able to accommodate you for the Mt. Vesuvius/Pompeii excursion! That would be a downer to miss that. Could you possibly take a train once you've checked onto the ship and at least get to one of those? I wish I had room on my tour to fit all 4 of you!

Lubi, so happy to hear that you made it safely!

Best of luck! Hope you get onto the Magic Saturday. We are rooting for you.

I second your comment on the exhausting week. I think this has been a mentally draining week for many given all the uncertainty on the flights.

We have not been able to get a flight to Barcelona yet. Nothing on American that we can find tomorrow night. We'll check some more tonight just in case.

We did pull our Rome flight in and get into Rome on Sunday vs Tuesday. We'll spend some time there before we head to Naples on Tuesday. Disney is making arrangements to get us on the ship in Naples and someone will pick us up at the hotel to bring us to the cruise ship. They don't know yet if we can still do our planned shore excursion we booked with them. Still nervous about that. But we know they are trying to align all this.

I've not yet canceled our port excursions for Tunisia or Malta yet as I was afraid if I did that, a Barcelona flight would pop up and then I wouldn't be able to rebook these.

As Lubi has mentioned, good on you for making the most out of the situation
! It has been extremely stressful for all and difficult to make alternative arrangements in a matter of hours when the original plans took months to put in place. Rome is a lovely plan B! And we're really looking forward to meet you on the cruise.

Julie
No worries! We had the opposite problem. The kids woke up too early...at 0230 am to be specific! So we went ahead as planned.

We'll be trying to be at the magic fountain at 7pm if we can keep the kiddos awake.

YEAH -- DS and I made it, hopefully DH will be able to get in Saturday morning!
Hurray! Glad you made is safely!

I'm glad that so many of you have now made it Barcelona safely. We are still hoping to try and catch the ship on Saturday. We now have confirmed seats on tomorrow nights 6:40 flight. It will be tight but it will be worth it if we can catch up to all of you for the 3:00 meet. Have a great night.

LuAnne

So glad most people are making it to Spain.:cheer2: I

I will ask the front desk at our hote (Eurostar) About the fireworks. They did not have them on Wednesday evening, so last night was a new. I am almost 100% sure they started as the Magic arrived in port. I can see her this morning from our room window. My son and I thought we saw here during the fireworks last night. She stopped for them and the fireworks lit up the side of the ship. :love:

Well after being in Europe since the 8th I have just realized I have lost all my (3) door magnets. I had put them in the side pocket of my suitcase. Not sure where they went. I will have a very boring door! :sad1:

So we missed the fireworks, meaning the Fountains is still on?

We're going to stop by the ship this morning, then head up La Rambla to the Gothic Quarter.

Hope to see you all soon.

Julie

Just got in this morning and checked in at the Pullman Skipper. Room was ready and got an upgrade to a balcony and view of the med. Saw the ship as we drove in from the airport. Met some people who are going to be on the cruise at JFK waiting to board the plane. Going to check in at the desk and see what else we need to do to go to the port tomorrow.

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter