4 Day Count Down..question

Indiana Dad

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

I have a question and I would really appeciate your opinions. We are going on our first trip on Saturday at VWL, and we are obviously fired up:banana: We have been on a wait list for 4 months for a two bedroom unit with no luck as of today. Now they say that when you are 7 days out and closer, you are off the wait list and now we have to call each day, multiple times a day, and see if we "are lucky". Does it seem fair to let someone who might not have been on the waiting list as long now come out of nowhere and potentailly beat us to the punch for the 2 bedroom just because they might have called 5 minutes before us? I mean can anyone explain the logic of dumping the waiting list order when someone is 7 days or less from traveling? I really want to understand DVC's logic here. This just doesn't seem fair. Any thoughts? Thank you.

My belief is that with only 7 days before arrival, there wouldn't be enough time to notify members that a waitlist came through - I think the letters take longer than that to be generated & mailed. (Not eveyone has internet access or knows how to look on the members' website).

Since there are "point penalties" for late cancellations, it just seems better to let the waitlists expire at the 7 day mark.

Hope your waitlist comes through.

Not sure how you'd feel about moving to the 2 bedroom mid stay but I would call even after you got there. I stayed at SSR 4 nights before I could switch the WLV one year at Christmastime, fortunately it was a 9 night stay total. I called everyday from the parks while waiting in line for rides, foods, shows etc. Good Luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter