48hrs - 2 Parks - No Kids

Kurukthemal

Earning My Ears
I am a proud father of three girls (all Disneyfied) and had the "opportunity" to solo down to WDW this Memorial Day weekend for some Dad ride time. I was a bit nervous given the expected crowds for Star Wars Weekend and Sunday at Hollywood Studios was packed! Epcot on Saturday was not bad at all from a crowd level perspective. I hit almost every ride/show and wanted to share my personal thoughts about enjoying time at WDW.

1) :cool1: FastPass+ in the mid to late afternoon. You cannot FP+ everything, so do your waiting in line early on when you first get there while you are still refreshed. Even those rides with single rider lines had wait times of about 30-40 minutes.

2) Use the My Disney Experience app to view estimated wait times. This helps you plan your filler rides (those in between long wait rides and FP+ rides). Know that the time estimates are about 15-20 minutes under what is posted.

3) As I said I am a proud Dad of three amazing girls and love taking my kids to WDW. However, I was stunned with the number of infants and children under three at the park...with no older siblings in tow! I truly get wanting to take a family to WDW, but for goodness sake wait until the youngest child is at least five years old (I would actually recommend 6-7).

4) If you are going to take your family/big group, then set proper expectations. You will not be able to see any single park in one day. What are the rides you must go on? Which ones would be nice to do's? Can you split your party up?

5) Since you are taking older kids (remember leave the babies home), then spend the money on a sitter and go back to the parks at night. :wizard: Its is a very different atmosphere and the fireworks/evening shows are great.

6) Take the time to plan your days. There is so much to do and with the crowds it is hard to "wing it." It may seem like work, but it is very much worth it in the end. Finally, WDW Resort Luggage Check-In is wonderful for your trip home! :drive:

Hope this helps and these are my opinions. I am sure somewhere out there is a parent who is just dying to waste their money by taking their one year old to see Belle or Mickey! :wave2:

LOL! I've been taking my kids for years and they love it. When you have toddlers/preschoolers, you tour totally different, but it's still a fabulous time! :) Everyone has their own opinions on the best time to go though. :thumbsup2

My husband and I are going down in July (possibly) for an adults only weekend. I haven't toured without kids since 2005, so it's gonna be a totally different experience for me! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter