4th of July 2006 - anyone ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
We'll be in WDW 4th of July 2006.

180 ADR mark is Jan 5, 2006 :cool1:

I bet WDW has the best fireworks on the East Coast

June 25th to july 2nd close but thats a hard week to get off on my job.today started my 180 day out mark.

DW & I will be there over July 4th. Our ADR date is Jan. 3rd. Wave if you see us!

:wave2:

pooh2001 said:
We'll be in WDW 4th of July 2006.

180 ADR mark is Jan 5, 2006 :cool1:

I bet WDW has the best fireworks on the East Coast

We always go this week to the GF or the POLY.

The fireworks at the MK are wonderful. In fact, they always post signs and send notes to the MK resort guests to notify them that the Monorails/boats will suspend operations the evening of the 4th briefly, and to warn young children that they should expect extra loud fireworks! :earseek:

Fantastic!

We'll be there June 29-July8 or9 (may add on that extra day)

I think my ADR date already passed.....do sittings really sell out that fast???
I don't want CRT or anything like that.

Staying at ASMo...first on-site trip and we can't wait!!!!!

Jennifer. :sunny:

You should be okay with your ADR's, but I wouldn't show up without any at all. We usually go over the 4th of July and we love it, but it is very hot. We went to Illuminations last year for the 4th, and I've never seen anything like it. It brought tears to me eyes. Wonderful! MK's are great too, but EPCOT is better IMO.

DBF and I will be at OKW June 25-July 10...I can't wait!!! I made all my ADRs at the beginning of this week!!!

Us too!!! We'll be there July 1st - 9th staying at the BC. First time there in the summer and first stay at BC. I'm glad to hear that Illuminations are as good as MK or even better!! That's where we plan on going that night. Already have my PS. :cool1:

We are July 2-5 at CR then 5-9 at Poly!!!
For those who have done this time of yr before:
How hot is HOT? Average high temp when you were there?
How busy is BUSY on the 4th? Like presidents day week? Like x-mas? Worse?
Any park less busy on the 4th?
Any special 4th parades at any of the parks?

It sounded like such a good idea to go over the 4th then I found these boards and I'm getting worried that it will be too busy and too hot to enjoy.

We went late august 2001 and it was hot but we didn't find it horrible...is july worse or about the same?

Any help appreciated!!! Thanks!!!!

We went in 2004 from 6/23 to 7/2 and although it was much more crowded than when we have been in Sept./Oct. I thought it was managable. We did fastpasses whenever possible! We took breaks during the day, and built in at least 1 day that we did not visit a park at all! This time we are not going to the parks at all on 7/4 and just hanging out at the pool all day then walking over to Epcot and standing outside to watch the fireworks. As far as temps go I remember it being in the 90's with usually a thunderstorm during the day at some point. We are from the midwest so I am used to the heat but I will say that the humidity does take it out of you a little :) I am going with the expectation that we will not be able to cover as much ground as we have in the past due to the crowds and that it will also be very hot and humid. I think as long as you go with an open mind and be willing to be very flexible about your plans you should be fine :sunny:

Last year we stayed at the Wilderness from July 5th through the 11th. It was hot, but not too bad. I think it was in the high 80's that week. We just took water bottles and the single packs of Crystal Light and that seemed to keep us hydrated. The only time I really remember noticing that I was hot was when we were seated at the Stunt show arena at MGM (where there was no shade) and we had to wait a long time before everyone was seated for the show to begin. I don't know how crowded it is on the 4th, but I also heard that Illuminations at Epcot is the best fireworks show. We are checking out of Disney on the 4th this year to go to the Hard Rock Hotel. (We've never been to Universal.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter