5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
ohiominnie said:
1130179935974.jpg

Mr. Scuba.....*I* baked the cake! :)
I did have help from a very special bundt cake pan though. :) King Arthur flour had it in their catalog and KT saw it 4 months ago and said that's what she wanted. Very easy to make. It came with a "cake by scratch" recipe but I opted for box mix. :)

I'm glad there is a doctor in the house! :rotfl:

scuba diver said:
This is from weather.com for Anchorage:

Jul 13
11.gif
Few Showers63°/54°30%
blank.gif
63°F

Fri
Jul 14

11.gif
Showers63°/53°40%
blank.gif
63°F
Care for Your Plants in the Rain
Sat
Jul 15

11.gif
Showers63°/53°40%
blank.gif
63°F

This is from Acuweather:
Thursday, Jul 13
03.gif
Sun and some clouds. Winds from the WSW at 9 mph. High: 72° FRealFeel®: 69° F
35.gif

Thursday Night: Patchy clouds. Winds from the S at 10 mph.Low: 56° FRealFeel: 54° F

Friday, Jul 14
03.gif
Partial sunshine. Winds from the SSW at 10 mph.High: 74° FRealFeel: 71° F
35.gif
Friday Night: Patchy clouds. Winds from the SSW at 9 mph.Low: 57° FRealFeel: 56° F

Saturday, Jul 15
03.gif
Partial sunshine. Winds from the N at 8 mph.High: 73° FRealFeel: 71° F
07.gif
Saturday Night: Considerable clouds. Winds from the SSW at 5 mph.Low: 57° FRealFeel: 58° F

Okay, so know I am confused. One says rain, the other says sunshine. I guess that means 50% chance of rain? :confused3

Maybe I'm obsessing to much about the weather and should just pack and don't worry about it!! :rotfl:

But just make sure you care for the plants in the rain.....

Just heard that SIL has ben moved to ICU.....this does not sound good.....

On the homefront - ready to call it a night on the cut and crop...

chip&dale&fun said:

PIXIE DUST!

:tinker: :tinker: :tinker: :tinker:

Hey, Amanda! How long till you go see Madonna?!!! :woohoo:

(I see your ticker!! :banana: )

WOOHOO - A U-TOP WITH AMANDA & MADONNA!!!

PDFG pixiedust:

chip&dale&fun said:

Irene,

Prayers & Pixie Dust for your SIL. :tinker: pixiedust:

We just watched Cheaper by the Dozen 2 while eating Mussels.

It made us miss Matt even more. Only 4 more days until he flys into MCO.

We have not heard from him this week. Hopefully he will check DIS and CALL HOME OR EMAIL!

haha I dont Laura you tell me!! Woohoo! About this time next week Iwill be taking out from Hartsfield on the way to AC!!

scuba diver said:
We just watched Cheaper by the Dozen 2 while eating Mussels.

It made us miss Matt even more. Only 4 more days until he flys into MCO.

We have not heard from him this week. Hopefully he will check DIS and CALL HOME OR EMAIL!

Tori said he was on AIM for a few minutes earlier today - did you check there?!! ;)

He's just wanting to make sure you really, really miss him! (which we all know you do :sad1: )

justmestace said:
You all came out of the woodwork for that one....
What do you mean 'out of the woodwork'. I'm always here, you just can't see me. I guess I'd better post a little more often, besides the milestones that is.

justmestace said:
HEY! Camera-savvy and generally smart people! Can someone tell me in simple terms what an SLR camera is and why it's better than a plain old digital???
I'm not too camera-savvy, but the SLR, single lens reflex, means that what you see in the viewfinder is what the 'lens' actually sees, because you are looking through the lens instead of a separate viewfinder. There are SLR digitals, too. Anyone, feel free to correct me on this explanation.

Happy Birthday KT!

:bday: :cake: :bday: :cake: :bday: :cake: :bday:
Mary said it so well that I thought I'd repeat it.​

tinytink said:
dcvdebb

how was the movie? was it crowded?

Movie was sold out in three theaters. Every show here has been sold out thru next weekend. I was disappointed in movie but kids loved it. Now we wait for the next one.

Karen

Ashley actually remembered that it was KT's birthday early this morning and was going to send her an email. Unfortunately, we were gone to the swim meet until about 2 and then when we got home, she crashed, then we went to try and find Dale a car, ate dinner and she fell asleep on the way home. So, tell KT, Ashley will be sending her birthday wishes late.

ohiominnie said:
scuba....something about seeing certain movies on a big screen makes it worth it. romantic comedies or plain comedies, ah, we can wait for the DVD....action adventure....great seeing it on the big screen.

Irene, prayers and pixiedust to Sam's sister.

We leave to pick up the kids from camp in about 25 minutes. Got KT's birthday cake done just in time....didn't turn out too badly considering who was making it! :) would like to find some plastic shells to put around it (don't really wanna put REAL shells there since we'll be eating it!!!) Ohh.....kids have some plastic starfish...

off to hunt those down....

IMG_3546.jpg

That is the coolest cake ever!

And I agree with your first paragraph. Most movies I elect to just rent or buy dvd later, but Disney movies we take the kids to see on the big screen and movies like Pirates has to be seen the first time on the big screen- then we buy it to watch over & again at home later. LOL

I hope I'm feeling up to seeing it tomorrow night!
Unfortunately we won't be able to go see it together this time. I can't remember how we saw the first one together (sans kids- because seeing it on big screen would scare the youngest- possibly youngest TWO) -I think the kids had VBS at night or something at that time. lol But not this time... so DH has elected to wait and see it on dvd, I gotta see it on the big screen though.

I gotta get me some more Johnny Depp on the big screen. LOL (I have heard on critiques of the movie- on tv- that there's a lot more Orlando in this movie than Johnny... WTH? Who's idea was that anyway... argh. They could have Johnny on the screen the entire time and I'd be happy. :woohoo: )

Irene- I am praying for your SIL.

Now I really WILL make an effort to see Pirates before the cruise in September! I like Orlando waaay more than Mr. Depp. Cool.

Megan wanted us to all go see it after Jared's game tonight, but it was already 10:00 and the team went for ice cream afterward. I'm standing my ground...I still will not go stand in line to see a movie.

Normally, I wait for the DVD, too. But I have to agree that one like Pirates needs to be seen on the big screen.
The first time I saw the 1st Pirates was on the Magic, so it might be kind of cool to wait to see this one there too.

Jared's team won...17-0. He didn't start the game in the field, they held him out so that he could be a "pinch" runner. He stole home three times!
By the time he even got to bat for the first time, he'd already scored 5 times. The announcer said "Batting for Cactus Foothills North is #10, Jared THE JET Stenson". We all about died laughing. Then when Jared hit one over the fence, the announcer said "Or maybe it's SLEDGE Stenson!".

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter