5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jared, thanks for posting. Please tell your mom that we're all thinking of her. I'm sure she'll be posting as soon as she can. Take care of her & get her whatever she wants.

Angie

Hey guys this is Jared you all know if not it is Stacey's son. She just got back from her surgery and she wanted all of you to know that she is doing alright she is on the phone with my grandma and sister soon and then she will be off to the airbed so you know she'll be there all the rest of the day. but yah she just wanted me to post that... if you have any questions I'll be on for them. :rolleyes1

Thanks Jared! Glad to hear she is home and resting. Take care of her and give her our best!

Ok. I went shopping today. I bought chocolate brown shirts for Bruce & myself and pale pink for the girls. Is that too much contrast for the photos? Should I go back to all one color? I should start shopping in June but I always wait until the week before the photo shoot ... ugh!!!

Ang

Hi all...I'm awake for a little bit. Got up to have a little something to eat so I could take my pills....but none of it stayed down. Waiting a while, sipping ginger ale and going to try again.
I guess all in all, this isn't too horrid. It WILL be if I don't get my pills....
I'll give more details maybe tomorrow when I'm feeling a little better.

Thanks for all of your thoughts, prayers and good wishes. It means a lot to me....and I think it helped things go better.

TTFN

OH...Angie.....I like the idea of the chocolate and pink....as far as being really attractive. The "camera guys" will know better than me if that's good for the lighting though.

Stacey - hope you are feeling better this morning. Glad things went well.

Virgil
pirate:

Stacey, glad to see you were feeling well enough to post last night. I'm sure today may be a different story. Hope you were able to keep down the pain killers last night.

On a side note, I was able to snag Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus/Jonas Brothers tickets this morning. The girls are going to be SOOOO excited. I'm not telling them until Thanksgiving though.

Ang

I kept my pills down at bedtime last night but didn't sleep well. Jay and I were up almost every hour or so. My throat was sore, from the tube, I know...but when it didn't feel much better this morning we looked at it and it looks like the anesthesiologist was having his own little jousting match in there. I even have a nasty cut more to the back of the roof of my mouth/throat...above the epiglottis. ??

So far, knock wood, my heel area doesn't hurt at all. The calf is darn sore though.
It's wrapped in huge bandages until Monday when they check the incisions and then put on a cast. Under the bandage is a cooling pad...never seen or heard of that before...to keep the swelling down. It has hoses that attach to a little ice chest, and pumps cool air under the bandage. We thought we lost it this morning when Jordan's dog chewed the cords while I was down the hall.

I haven't attempted to use the scooter/walker. Been using the wheel chair and will probably keep using it until the harder cast is on.

It will be February or March, the doctor said, before I'll be ready to bear weight on it well enough to do the opposite foot. And it will take a lot of thought on my part to get me back in there again! But then, this isn't the time to be thinking of that.

Back to bed. I'm in the living room in the recliner.

Stacey - I am glad you made it through surgery well. Take it easy and let your family wait on you for a change. I have been thinking about you and praying for your speedy recovery. Good Luck.

Stacey, Glad to see you "up" and posting. Hope you could keep those meds down. Take it easy!

(guess I should have read the WHOLE thread before posting!)

Stacey - great to see you posting but don't push yourself too much. Get some rest and let the family take care of you!

Yeah, what Mary said!! Take care and to aid in your recovery, below is a funny story:

I was in Wal-Mart buying a large bag of Purina for the dog and was in the check out line. A woman behind me asked if I had a dog..........Duh!

I was feeling a bit crabby so on impulse, I told her no, I was starting the Purina Diet again; although I probably shouldn't because I ended up in the hospital the last time. But that I'd lost 50 pounds before I woke up in ICU with tubes coming out of most of the orifices and IV's in both arms.

Her eyes about bugged out of her head.

I went on and on with the bogus diet story and she was totaly buying it. I told her that it was an easy, inexpensive diet and that the way it works is to load your pockets or purse with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry.

The package says the food is nutritionally complete so I was going to try it again.

I have to mention here that practically everyone in the line was by now enthralled with my story, particularly a tall guy behind her.

Horrified, she asked if something in the dog food had poisoned me, and was that why I ended up in the hospital.

I said no......I'd been sitting in the street licking my butt when a car hit me.

I thought the tall guy was going to have to be carried out of the store.

Glad to see you are posting, Stacey! I also agree, let your family take care of you. ( Your job is recovery and rehab!!!)

On the positive side, Since it may be a Feb/March operation on the other ankle, the laundry, cleaning, cooking, and other chores should be ingrained habits for your family by the time you are fully mobile. Otherwise, milk it!!! I'd say you are on track for a full return to mom duties in 2012:lmao:

Gosh, hon, that one made me laugh! And you know I'm a tough audience.

Stacey, glad you are feeling OK, except for the throat thing. Now fingers are crossed that it worked!

Kevin....that story was about the best medicine I could have had! Thanks for the laugh.

I'm back up again but not for long. I'm sick of the dizzy, upset stomach feeling. Will be glad when that's gone. I'm wondering if one of the meds isn't agreeing with me. The nurse is supposed to be calling this afternoon, so I'll be sure to ask her.

Kevin....that story was about the best medicine I could have had! Thanks for the laugh.

I'm back up again but not for long. I'm sick of the dizzy, upset stomach feeling. Will be glad when that's gone. I'm wondering if one of the meds isn't agreeing with me. The nurse is supposed to be calling this afternoon, so I'll be sure to ask her.

I bet it's the meds that aren't agreeing with you. I definitely know how you feel. It wasn't until I was off the heavy narcotics that I actually felt like eating. My mom & dad were here cooking my favorite foods. I'd take one whiff and my stomach would turn.

Ang

Ok, how about this one?

Three old mischievous grandmas were sitting on a bench outside a nursing home.

An old grandpa walked by, and one of the old grandmas yelled out saying, "We bet we can tell exactly how old you are."

The old man said, "There ain't no way you can guess it, you old fools."

One of the ornery grandmas said, "Sure we can! Just drop your undershorts and we can tell your exact age."

Embarrassed just a little, he dropped his drawers.

The grandmas stared at him for while, asked him to turn around a couple of times, asked him to jump up and down for a little while and then they all piped up and said, "You're 84 years old!"

"How in the world did you guess?!?"

The ornery old grandmas snickered and laughed. Slapping their knees and grinning from ear to ear, all three happily yelled in unison,

"Because we were at your birthday party yesterday!"

Alright. A friend just emailed me this and since we have KikiKaren on this board, and several misguided sports fans, I thought I'd share......

"Bud Light presents Real Men of Genius"

(Reaaaaal Men of Genius)

Today we salute you, Mr. Delusional Michigan Fan.

(Mr. Delusional Michigan Faaaaaan!)

Season after season, year after year, you try to justify your
absurdly high preseason ranking.

(Clutching at straws!)

Season after season, year after year, you scramble to make
futile attempts at damage control when the Wolverines lose to a grossly
inferior opponent.

(How'd Northwestern score fifty fouuuuuur?)

Inevitably, you'll bring up the past, and boast of National
Championships won 40 years before you were born.

(Those were the daaaaaays!)

You will point out that you have more wins than any other
program as though that is relevant to the current season.

(Been playing since the 1870s!)

Go on, ignore that home loss to your archrivals in the regular
season finale and continue to believe that you'll defeat your bowl
opponent with striking ease.

(We'll win by thirteeeeeeey!)

So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, oh Emperor of Excuses, and
take comfort knowing that when you don't finish in the top 25, you'll be
back to number three when the preseason polls come out next year.

(Mr. Delusional Michigan Fan!)

Ok, how about this one?

Three old mischievous grandmas were sitting on a bench outside a nursing home.

An old grandpa walked by, and one of the old grandmas yelled out saying, "We bet we can tell exactly how old you are."

The old man said, "There ain't no way you can guess it, you old fools."

One of the ornery grandmas said, "Sure we can! Just drop your undershorts and we can tell your exact age."

Embarrassed just a little, he dropped his drawers.

The grandmas stared at him for while, asked him to turn around a couple of times, asked him to jump up and down for a little while and then they all piped up and said, "You're 84 years old!"

"How in the world did you guess?!?"

The ornery old grandmas snickered and laughed. Slapping their knees and grinning from ear to ear, all three happily yelled in unison,

"Because we were at your birthday party yesterday!"

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Another good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter