5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
dzneprincess said:
Well I am watching the season finale of the L word, and b4 that I was watching Big Love, anyone else?

Watched March Madness Last Night ----

[SIZE=4]YEAH GATORS[/SIZE]

And then a tape while scrapbooking - tonight - it is back to taxes.

Should not wait so long before I complete my vacation album.....I am confused on when some of the shots were taken - thank goodness for Navigators....

Juletime said:
We had Dad's 70th "surprise" birthday party on Sat. It was in an historic building in Salado, Tx that used to be a real stage coach stop, now called appropriately Stagecoach Inn. The literal "high light" was the birthday cake. My sister thought it would fun to put 70 candles on the cake. And she thought they should be the kind that dont blow out! The flames where 2 feet high and the whole top of the cake was boiling. The room filled with smoke, thankfully my DH took grabbed it and ran out the fire door. There was no damage and the owners thought it was a hoot. They cut the top off the cake off and filled it with fudge and then asked for pictures and the left overs!

A very memorable experience.:rotfl2:

It was a Surprise!!!!!!

Happy Belalated Birtday Jeri's DF.

scuba diver said:
Sue, we stay at value resorts if there is not a deal at any other resort. In fact we will be at one in a few weeks.

We have found that all the new hotels, value or moderate, are just about the same size so you are not giving up any room size. I'm not sure about the other features, because we normally stay just one night.

We like Port Orleans, Alligator side. It is a moderate, older hotel so the rooms are bigger, not as many rooms in each building, hotel is spread out a little nicer. Sometimes we have been able to get a deal on this one.

Good luck.

My two cents added to Jim's

We don't have kids, so that might make a difference in room size, but we mostly stay at the Value Resorts as we are never in the room. We have stayed at all but Polynesia and Grand Floridian, and find for the money, the POP Century is the best. The rooms in the Coronado are a bit larger and come with small fridges and coffee pots. The downside to the Coronado is that is has such a great pool and TIKI bar, you never want to leave. Animal Kindgom Lodge is wonderful in the Deluxe line, but is very pricey unless you can get a rate. And if you have the standard room, you face the parking lot - not the animals.....

All the hotels have thier own Magic, but we have found we can save $$$ at the Values and then spend it on dinner at the Deluxe resorts......

Good Luck!!!!

kikipug said:
We never did make it to Fantasmic! last night, but had a great day.

Hit AK in the AM... Everest was great!!! It was better than I thought it would be- Elizabeth loved it too... Christopher & Ray aren't coaster fans, so they skipped it. We got FP's, but immediately got in line and made it through in about 1/2 hour... by the time we got off the ride, the standby line was ridiculous.

Headed over to MGM after lunch- I have never seen it so packed!!!! Insane. 110 minute wait for RNR & TOT... FP's were running about 4 hours later... decided to head out of the park for dinner, and back home at a reasonable hour. Besides... 13 hours was a long time for the dog to be home alone without going out!

Can't wait to try Everest - glad you had a good time - and let the dog out when you got home!!!!! Fantastmic - yet another trip.....

ohiominnie said:
There is one in this house too. Nick LOVES the Gator's. He may even want to go to school there.

Why?

Because he likes the mascot.

Always a good reason to choose a school.....based on what their mascot is!! :)

Of course, he is an OSU fan, but he'll root for the Gators in *other* games.

He also rooted for Japan in the Olympics because he LOVES the dog "shiba inu" which originated in Japan!

Last night after the Air Force Museum day (and seeing military craft after military craft) they decided to pull out the old aircraft carrier and all of the planes and play war. Nick WANTED to be Japan....

It was like "uh...son, you ARE going to lose, you know that?" :lmao: :lmao:

YEAH NICK

sjtracey said:
Whoa! There's another GATOR fan here? Yeah! We lived in Gainesville for two years while Jim got his Master's degree there. There's a gator flag waving outside our house, I may as well not exist during college football season (he even makes an annual pilgrimage to Gainesville for a game), and one of Erin's first outfits was a little Gator cheerleader outfit. And I know tonight he'll be screaming at the television as they battle Villanova.

Ah, fun times ahead!

--Samantha

Can we say

final 4

WDWLVR said:
:flower1: Good morning cruisers! :flower1:

Happy Monday!

For a while I thought I was on the old 10 day thread. Lots of late night chat last night. I was fast asleep! :)

WDWLVR said:
For a while I thought I was on the old 10 day thread. Lots of late night chat last night. I was fast asleep! :)

It was fun.

Now it is off to breakfast with Lisa. She has picked Panera Bread this morning so we will be having soup for breakfast. Since it is cold this morning it is a perfect choice. :banana:

wdwgoose said:
GOOD MORNIN LADIES and OTHERS :confused3

looks like a nice day here

NOT AS NICE AS BEING WAY FAR SOUTH but drinking COFFEE and looking out the window at the clouds

gaRRy

We had a treat - our friends sent home roasted Costa Rican coffee beans our way ---

ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, blue skies, clouds, but it is COLD - 46 when I woke up this am....

scuba diver said:
It was fun.

Now it is off to breakfast with Lisa. She has picked Panera Bread this morning so we will be having soup for breakfast. Since it is cold this morning it is a perfect choice. :banana:

Are you guys on Spring Break this week - ours was last week....Kids are back in school today!

And the Morning T :sunny: P...

now I can go start laundry so I can have clean "unmentionables" tomorrow - unlike a few sons and daughters on this page...

Or, I could go to the Mall and buy more :rotfl2:

modfg
:wizard:

SEVEN pages??? I sign off last night at 11:15, and come back on today at 7:30 and there are SEVEN pages?

YIKES!

Good Morning All - My BIL (Pa resident now) spent the night. I forgot he was here and had the wits scared out of me when I heard noise in the family room. What kept me from calling 911 was Sam, snoring next to me. Then I remembered!

Sue

Professions - Jeanne is a retired school teacher. She taught business ed in high school. I am retired from Verizon and now take care of Jeanne.

Sue

Chatty, chatty , chatty :chat: :hyper2:. I must clean house, go to Lowes, take dog to groomers, and pick up a few things at the grocery store today. It looks as if we'll hit a milestone, and I'll probably miss it. Hope everyone has a great Monday.

scuba diver said:
Kevin, What Catalina dive trip?
Our LDS is going back to Catalina and San Clemente in July. It's the supposedly last trip on the Bottom Scratcher as the owner is retiring. Alicia and I are going, I'm leading the trip for the group. Should be fun and surprisingly, is sold out!! Guess everybody wants to go....

Dancind said:
It's a joint custody monkey. He's on my website. But I'd have to load him up and link him. Besides, it's such a Kevin thing, it wouldn't be nice.
It's OK honey, You can play with my monkey too!!

monkeypirate.jpg
:love: :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter