5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
ohiominnie said:
What's that number 52606? That's over 14,800 posts in the next 30 odd days. That's over 490 posts per day!!!

IMHO is we get anywhere CLOSE to that this is going to be an EXTREMELY boring thread. I, personally, like to follow what's going on in ppl's lives---laugh with them, cry with them, pray for them....but with over 490 posts a day there will be too much to even wade through (especially if the server is as slow as it is today) and all the parts that make this group special (the bonds of friendship) will be lost just to get to a certain magic number.

Hey, I may be odd man out thinking like this, but I dread the thought of losing the friendships just because shameless post boosting take precedent over relationships.

Stepping down off my soapbox now.

I agree

RachelTori said:
Welcome back! :wave2: Yes, we were wondering if we'd scared you off! :lmao:

Sorry to hear y'all have been sick. Better to get all that out of the way BEFORE the cruise. There will be no time for illness on the cruise. ;)

I always check Mary's site after being gone for awhile. She's GREAT about keeping things updated & keeping us organized. :thumbsup2

Most of us are in *packing mode* and "can I find a swimsuit; will it be here on time" mode....... :eek:

Thanks and Yah, I am trying to start to keep up again today already alot to read thru! :rotfl2:

mickeymo said:
Right after that rule - is the rule all kids must have one trip to the emergency room...

Our kid had at least two trips, maybe three. Once she got to ride in an ambulance, sirens and all!

ohiominnie said:
Come on Kevin....move to Ohio. I'll make you cookies....weekly!!!!! :lmao:

Here's our criteria for the next move, actually the final move:

1. Not too far from an ocean.
2. Nearby University.
3. Low altitude.
4. Affordable housing, comparable to NM.
5. No state income tax.
6. Preferably not near a coast where there are hurricanes!

OK, the last one is new. FL was looking pretty darn good until we added #6! Actually, I'm thinking this place doesn't exist.

Congrats on the milestone, Pug family!

Just love reading about 30 somethings who are complaining about getting older. Just wait.

Dancind said:

2. Nearby University.
3. Low altitude.
5. No state income tax.

OK, the last one is new. FL was looking pretty darn good until we added #6! Actually, I'm thinking this place doesn't exist.

I was going to say Vegas, but guess that's too far from an ocean... that strikes out #1.

Ang

pirate: A U-TOP with Diana and looking for that perfect place to live.:sunny:

Ang

Dancind said:

2. Nearby University.
3. Low altitude.
5. No state income tax.

We had 1 bad year for hurricanes in the past 40....east coast of Florida take less direct hits than the southern part of FL or the western part...

Dancind said:
Congrats on the milestone, Pug family!

Just love reading about 30 somethings who are complaining about getting older. Just wait.
:love: They just haven't learned to handle it with grace yet, like you sweetie!!! :love:

Coachpug said:
We had 1 bad year for hurricanes in the past 40....east coast of Florida take less direct hits than the southern part of FL or the western part...

I agree that your coast is doing better than the Gulf coast! I don't like hearing that this is a 15 year cycle though. Let's hope the "experts" are wrong about that.

Actually, Kevin has mentioned Ocala, I have mentioned Gainesville. Alicia could be a Gator! Still watching those housing prices...

CajunGirl2 said:
I was going to say Vegas, but guess that's too far from an ocean... that strikes out #1.

Ang

pirate: A U-TOP with Diana and looking for that perfect place to live.:sunny:

Ang

OK warm was not one of your criteria, so New Hampshire, No income tax but one hell of a property tax, 18 miles of beach, rare Hurricanes..LOTS OF SNOW!!!!

2. Nearby University.
3. Low altitude.
5. No state income tax.
7. No snow.

Dancind said:
I agree that your coast is doing better than the Gulf coast! I don't like hearing that this is a 15 year cycle though. Let's hope the "experts" are wrong about that.

Actually, Kevin has mentioned Ocala, I have mentioned Gainesville. Alicia could be a Gator! Still watching those housing prices...

A bit far from the Ocean, actually it is in the middle of No where...why in the world would she want to be a Gator....... Go 'Noles!!!

kikipug said:
GREAT.... :rolleyes: ... we get to cruise with TWO drunk, sunburned bald guys who are sacrificing their skin cells, liver cells, and brain cells under the guise of 'scientific research'

4.gif
4.gif

I'm back...

You know that might make for some interesting photos... :banana:

Dancind said:
2. Nearby University.
3. Low altitude.
5. No state income tax.
7. No snow.

Now you are really limiting yourself...not many States with No Income Tax near an ocean with out snow....

They do say that most people try to retire to the places they like to vacation. For us, that's Florida. Of course, if we keep taking expensive vacations, we may not be able to afford to move! And I'm afraid retiring isn't in the equation either. At least, not completely retired. I am "officially" retired, but I'm still working. And Kevin will be working for a long time to come as well. That's one problem with starting a family when you are OLD.

Coachpug said:
A bit far from the Ocean, actually it is in the middle of No where...why in the world would she want to be a Gator....... Go 'Noles!!!

OK, what are Noles?

DBCS said:
I'm back...
You know that might make for some interesting photos... :banana:
Interesting photos... hmm... does somebody want to fill Barbara in about the 'green-thong' photos???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter