6 days of dining w/pics

LoraJ

<br> I need a vacation!<br><font color="blue">Want
Disney World Dining Reviews – October 28 – November 2, 2006

Cast of characters: Me - Lora (37) & DFi - Jeremy (32).
We did not do the dining plan.

I tried to take as many pictures as I could when I thought to. Unfortunately sometimes that was after I had taken a bite or too. Hope that doesn’t gross you out.

Day 1:

We arrived in Orlando in the afternoon, checked into the Wilderness Lodge and relaxed until it was time to go to our 8:30pm ADR at:

Fulton’s Crab House

This is the third time that we have eaten here. We had to wait about 20 minutes for our table, although we did arrive a little early. We were seated in the bar area. Our server was very friendly, but her timings were a bit off which caused a delay in getting our food. For example, she would take our order, and then go to the next table to take their order before putting our order in. The guy at that table was very chatty and it took a very long time for them to put their order in.

DFi had:

Seared Tuna appetizer
King Crab Claw dinner

He loved them both. This was his favorite meal of the trip.

I had:

9.jpg

Portobello Mushroom Fries
Filet Mignon w/baked Potato on the side

Both were very good.

For dessert I had the sour cherry cobbler which was divine!

The atmosphere was a bit noisier being in the bar. We prefer being upstairs, but it was still a good meal.

Food ***** out of *****
Service *** our of *****

Day 2:

Breakfast
Roaring Forks Snacks

Nothing exciting this morning. DFi had a bagel and I had toast. Wanted to save room for Epcot:

Lunch:
Epcot
Restaurant Marrakesh

We had planned on eating around the world for the Food & Wine Festival, but the lines were a bit long. DFi wanted a nice sit down restaurant and either there was a wait or he didn’t like the menu. We finally settled on Restaurant Marrakesh.

We both opted for the lunch special.
The appetizer was the Beef Brewat Roll - Layers of thin pastry stuffed with seasoned minced beef, fried and sprinkled with cinnamon and powdered sugar and a salad. Both were very good, but I thought the roll was a bit dry. I am sure that’s how it is supposed to be.

18.jpg

Our main course was chicken kabobs with seasoned rice. Very flavorful, but it came out cold. The portions were also very tiny. Four little pieces of chicken total.

19.jpg

Where's the beef?

For dessert we had some sort of apple crepe. It was delicious.

Service was okay. Our waitress was very friendly, but another table took up a lot of her time by trying to find out her whole life story. This may have resulted in our cold food.

The atmosphere was good. We enjoyed the musicians and dancer that came out once an hour.

Ratings – food: *** service ***

Dinner

Le Cellier Steakhouse

This was our third time here. I was worried because recent reviews have stated food and service have gone downhill.

For starters, DFi had the shrimp cocktail, which he really liked. I had the cheese soup, which was as good as always. I don’t know if it is my imagination, but the portion did seem a bit smaller than I remember.

For dinner, DFi had the filet w/maple BBQ sauce, which he enjoyed. I had the mushroom filet, which was very good, although the meat seemed to be of lesser grade than what I had at Fulton’s. I also ordered a side of creamed spinach. My $3 side was larger than my main dish. That made us chuckle.
I had a Blue Glow-tini to go with my meal. I can’t remember everything that was in it, but it came with a souvenir lighted ice-cube. This drink is special for the dreams campaign and is also on the new standardized menu at the resorts. So I had a few more of these there and now have a nice collection of cubes.

26.jpg

27.jpg

For dessert, I got the chocolate mousse (from the kid’s menu) to go to eat later.

28.jpg

Our waiter was Brad. He was terrific. He was very friendly and had perfect timing. Which was amazing since it seemed as though he was taking care of half of the restaurant.

Food - **** service *****

Day 3:

We didn’t have anything food-wise planned for this day. I had to wait around all morning for an “important” phone call.

I walked up to Whispering Canyon Café and was seated right away

DFi is afraid of this place, so I went by myself and observed the mayhem. The last time we went, it was a Saturday night and there were a bunch of over stimulated kids running around bringing all of the ketchup from table to table, which was fun to watch. This time, all of the kids were very calm and subdued. When someone wanted ketchup, no kids started running so the people who had the ketchup would bring it all to the other table.

I had the Corned Beef Hash and eggs. It was good, but I was a bit disappointed that the corned beef was in big chunks, and not ground up like I am used to having.

My service was pretty poor. I barely saw my waiter. He brought my check out when my food came, I put my card in the holder right away, but he never came back for it until about 5 minutes after I had finished eating. I hardly saw him at his other tables either.

Food - *** service - *

For lunch, ventured over to Downtown Disney. We were seated right away at one of DFi’s favorite restaurants:

House of Blues:

Every time we go, they have a different menu, and each time they seem to take away something I liked.

DFi had the Voodoo shrimp appetizer. This is what keeps him coming back.

We both had the crispy fried chicken fingers which were good. I opted for the sweet mashed potatoes as my side instead of fries, and they were yummy.

Food - *** (***** for DFi’s shrimp) service - ***

Dinner

For this night, we attended MNSSHP. We ended up at Cosmic Ray’s where we both had the BBQ Pulled pork sandwich. I see on the menu listed on the DIS that it says you have a choice of potato chips or pasta salad. I don’t remember being asked for a choice and don’t remember seeing this on the menu. Our sandwiches came with fries.

We both really liked them though. I like this version better than the one at Flame Tree.

Food - ****

Day 4:

For breakfast I went to Roaring Forks again and had a delicious make your own yogurt parfait. This is what I had every morning for the remainder of our trip. I would have it with everything – granola, blueberries, strawberries and raspberries.

I didn’t have anything planned for this day. I thought maybe we’d hang out by the pool or something since we were doing HHN at Universal that night. But DFi wanted to go and do something so we headed off to MGM. I went to the dining reservations booth and got a 12pm ADR for:

Hollywood Brown Derby

This was our second time eating here.
DFi had:

Coconut Shrimp appetizer
Sesame-seared Yellowfin Tuna Cobb
75.jpg

He loved them both.

I had the Mulligatawny Soup
And the Famous Cobb Salad.

72.jpg

74.jpg

Both were yummy.

Our server was James and he was very friendly and attentive. I enjoy the atmosphere here. I love looking at ll of the caricatures on the wall.

Food - **** service *****

Dinner:

Our only time eating off Disney property. We went to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal. This event was a lot of fun. But we were dismayed by the lack of food choices. I had done research before we left and was told that a couple of restaurants should be open. I showed the menus to DFi and he gave the thumbs up. Well, when we got there, one of the places was closed. So we went to the other. We sat down and they handed us a very limited special event menu. DFi couldn’t find anything he’d like, so before they even came for a drink order, we gave them back the menus and told them we couldn’t find anything and if there were any other places open. She listed off some other places and told us where they were. As we were leaving, someone asked the waitress what happened and she said loudly how didn’t like their menu and then they started laughing as though that were the funniest thing ever.

The other places she told us to check out had the same stuff we could find elsewhere. I would have been fine with anything at this point, but DFi couldn’t find anything. We ended up going out to City Walk and ate at:

Bubba Gump Shrimp Company

We have eaten at the New Orleans and NYC locations. DFi loves the hush puppies. That’s all he had.
I had the spinach/artichoke dip and Mama’s Fried Chicken. I love the dip! The chicken was okay. I didn’t care for the gravy. I am pretty sure this is what I have had at the other locations and I don’t remember it tasting like that. I ended up putting a lot of hot sauce on it.

The atmosphere is fun and the service was pretty prompt.

Food - *** service - ****

Day 5:

Animal Kingdom:

Flame Tree BBQ

Since I had the pulled pork at MK, I almost got the beef sandwich, but I wasn’t sure how it would be. So I stayed with what I knew and got the pork. DFi had the beef and he really liked it, so I think I will try that next time. We both just love the BBQ beans. I was saddened to see that they barely filled my cup halfway with them though.

80.jpg

We split an order of onion rings. They were cooked just the way I like them.
the corn was a bit soggy though.

We sat down towards the water, by a fountain or something. It was nice and peaceful. That is until some kids started throwing ice at the ducks and then dumping the remainder of their sodas in the water.

Food - *** service - * (only because of the skimpy serving of beans ;) )

Dinner:
Narcoossee’s

This was our first visit and it was my favorite (DFi’s is Fulton’s). We’ll definitely be returning here.

DFi had the chilled shrimp appetizer, which he enjoyed.
For dinner he had the surf-n-turf which was excellent.

I had the Frisee, Watercress and Apple Salad w/white cheddar, candied walnuts and apple cider vinaigrette. It was so good.

For dinner, it had been a few days since I had a filet, so that’s what I went for. It was scrumptious. The best cut, very tender.

For dessert I had a raspberry mint mouse in a chocolate nest. It was excellent.

Service was good. We loved the atmosphere. We had a window table and could see the water pageant when it came by. There were some people who arrived when we did dismayed to find out that the fireworks had already happened. I guess they assumed they were at 9pm.

Food - ***** service ****

Day 6

Our last day. :( So soon.

We decided this would be our day to eat around the world at the Food & Wine Festival since Sunday was too crowded. It was the perfect day to do this. Hardly any lines.

20.jpg

85.jpg

This is what we ate:

Florida:
DFi: chilled shrimp with Mango Salsa. He loved it!

Argentina:
Me: Spicy Beef Empanada – very good
DFi: Grilled Beef Sirloin with Chimichurri – excellent

Mexico:
Me: Quesadilla con Chorizo y Pollo – it was good

China:
DFi - Chicken Sha Cha – ended up in the garbage because it was dark meat chicken which he doesn’t like.
Me: Pot Stickers – Very Good.

Australia:
DFi: Shrimp on the Barbie – liked it
Me: Beef Skewer with Green Bean Salad – very nice flavor.

United States:
DFi: Lobster Roll – He really liked it
Me: Pork rib w/corn – This was very, very messy, as expected. But good.
Blackberry Cobbler – yummy

Spain:
Me: Papas Con Chorizo – good and spicy

Canada:
DFi: Maple Custard – liked it

Greece:
Me: Spanakopittá – this was pretty good
DFi – Baklava – very good. And a huge portion too.

And that’s it. I hope you enjoyed my reviews. If you have any questions, let me know.

Great reviews and pictures! Thanks for posting them. I was wondering about the creamed spinach. For some reason my 2 YO DS loves it and I'm looking forward to ordering it for him when we go to Le Cellier. Thanks for posting a pic of it.

I loved reading your reviews...the pics were great as well.....thanks for posting :sunny:

Terri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter