60-Day FP Booking Window for Disney Springs Area Hotels; UPDATE: No Packages Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean by that? You had to have a KTTW card before magic bands and without it, you weren't let in for early EMH. If it was late EMH, you got a wristband to show you were onsite. Anyone not eligible for EMH could stay in the park for late EMH and eat and shop, but they couldn't get on attractions.

Not true, it took advantage of EMH numerous times which included riding rides with only a Hilton room key card. Not once was I given a wristband

This info was given by CMs to Travel Agents yesterday during training regarding the DS Hotel bookings:

all guests at the designated hotels will be able to book fp at 60 days. It didn't matter if they booked through Disney or not.

This is the most current info and matches the same FP booking perks that Swan, Dolphin, and SoG currently have.

I'm glad I already have the FPs I want. Good luck to those who are booking. However, not all of the guests in those hotels will be going to Disney. I wonder what the percentage is?

IMO, after staying at both on and offsite properties, the only perk that I'd utilize anymore by staying on property is the DME. I have "gold" status with Hilton and would even use my points to pay for nights now. I can easily arrange my own transportation to/from the hotel and utilize the other provided transportation that the DS Hotels coordinate with. Real head scratch-er here, like Disney wants to push more guest off property? I guess I'd fall into that group now.

Real head scratch-er here, like Disney wants to push more guest off property?

I'm with you a little bit. It does seem counter-intuitive to a good business plan. However, perhaps they are thinking they'll get more of these off-site guests to spend more time at WDW instead of the other things Orlando has to offer. I don't know. I say it's a gamble for them.

Do all of the DS hotels have free parking??

Ah, thanks for the update. I was wondering about that - free parking, whether at the hotel or at the parks, would have been awesome!

Most the hotels involve a parking fee per night, and some have resort fees. You will need to incorporate that into their rates when deciding ... especially if you will also pay for parking at the parks, assuming you won't use the DS Bus System.

It will, but those some of those resorts had EMH for years until they introduced magic bands.

Only Hilton had it. The demise didn't have anything to do with MB. For whatever reason Disney and Hilton didn't negotiate to keep it.

Not true, it took advantage of EMH numerous times which included riding rides with only a Hilton room key card. Not once was I given a wristband

Then you went after the wristband years. For a long time they used wristbands, you got them by showing your room key. It was a great way to weed out the guests not allowed to stay for EMH since then they kicked them out like a party. Then Disney got smart and figured those guests could stay and spend money in restaurants and shops. No more wristbands. You showed your Disney or Hilton room key to go into attractions. MagicBands just replaced the room keys.

I'm with you a little bit. It does seem counter-intuitive to a good business plan. However, perhaps they are thinking they'll get more of these off-site guests to spend more time at WDW instead of the other things Orlando has to offer. I don't know. I say it's a gamble for them.
I don't think it's much of a gamble. Their resorts are almost always filled far more than typical hotels. I don't see that changing. There are lots of people that would like to stay on property but can't get rooms or can't afford the rates of the rooms that are left when they try to book. I would expect the demand for onsite to go down, but the demand outpaces the supply right now anyway. I wouldn't expect occupancy to take much of a hit, if any.

Disney does NOTHING unless there is cash involved, one way or another.
There could be many reasons for why they are doing this but guarantee it's all about income.

Just a few thoughts .... possibilities.

- EMH offer is only until Dec 2018, is this possibly temporary during the construction.
- Reduced inventory due to construction/renovation at CSR, CBR, POP .... guests are moving OFFsite.
- Disney has no interest in expanding the moderate/value level of hotels. DS does that for them.
- Gondola, room upgrades, towers .......... possible big uptick in resort rates, preparing for how to keep those guests fully engaged.
- Whenever guests stay offsite the rest of Orlando potentially calls their name and money, especially dining.
- For Disney to keep your money they need to keep you at properties with Disney commit.
- Disney Springs is hurting, some shop turnover, never issues with ADRs or Walk-up at most restaurants, DS hotels are walking distance.
- Disney negotiated kickbacks from these resorts for this perk, maybe they are having trouble filling up.
- Disney packages can be booked at these hotels .... Dining Plan ... brings money into restaurants.
- I still haven't seen anything that says FP+ is available for room only guests. Their own statement says packages. We do know that stays can be booked via travel agents. If packages are required, that changes the control Disney will have over the room rates.
- Probably more that it's just too early to think about.

This could be just the beginning ... of Disney weaving themselves with off property hotels. Why? Universal is on their heels. Another hotel coming online, the announcement of hotel complex coming to Wet & Wild property and the HUGE property they have bought that is likely several new parks and hotel complex. All these properties are spitting distance to International Drive which is also getting new additions all the time. They build faster than Disney and these new parks could be more attractive to young families depending on what they built. They are on Disney's heals so Disney needs to start partnering with other off property businesses to find ways to get more of the guests money.

Has this been confirmed? You can book DDP when staying at these properties?

I have seen nothing that really clarifies anything about this whole offering so don't know. As usual Disney PR is lacking in clarity and necessary information. Disney roll outs as usual.

Online it says "Plus, you can make the most of the magic by booking a package that includes your room and Disney theme park tickets!" No other mentions.

Now as a guest, if I can't book the Dining Plan - then their advertising regarding my ability to book packages is very misleading. I can book a hotel and get tickets, that hardly makes a package in my book. Booking a package has to have some advantage .....

I'm not sure why their whole release discusses room only and FP+ in two different paragraphs in two parameters if there wasn't more to the "package". WHY would I pay Disney prices for these hotels and Disney prices for their tickets increasing the cost of the "package" when I can get both discounted saving me lots, maybe even gaining breakfast or something at hotel. There needs to be a plus to book a "Disney package" and essentially paying more.

Last edited:
I'm glad I already have the FPs I want. Good luck to those who are booking. However, not all of the guests in those hotels will be going to Disney. I wonder what the percentage is?
My FP window opens Jan 24. I'm NOT happy about this at all. I guess I can kiss my chances of a FOP FP goodbye. >:(

Played around with my Jan dates. Best western cost an extra $20 than ASMO. no, thank you.

My FP window opens Jan 24. I'm NOT happy about this at all. I guess I can kiss my chances of a FOP FP goodbye. >:(

Very well could be .... because this a HUGE for these hotels. Travel Agents, Hotels, Hotel Rewards programs, Orbitz etc ....... they are all going to be promoting this because it is a big selling point for them. This won't be just one of those only the folks who follow Disney close will know.

Very well could be .... because this a HUGE for these hotels. Travel Agents, Hotels, Hotel Rewards programs, Orbitz etc ....... they are all going to be promoting this because it is a big selling point for them. This won't be just one of those only the folks who follow Disney close will know.
I know and it makes me so upset. At least if they required the rooms to be booked directly through Disney it might help reduce it a bit but opening it up to all rooms booked is really unfortunate. Our AK day is later in our trip (day 8) so I'll just cross my fingers and hope for the best.

I know and it makes me so upset. At least if they required the rooms to be booked directly through Disney it might help reduce it a bit but opening it up to all rooms booked is really unfortunate. Our AK day is later in our trip (day 8) so I'll just cross my fingers and hope for the best.

For me, I stay at these hotels and would be very happy to have that 60 day window .... on my room only reservation as I have AP. BUT so far I'm not convinced that I will get it. Nothing so far has confirmed that their PR release that said you have to have a package for FP+ was written wrong. My trips, January is set at Disney resort, April is off property (way more for way less during spring break) .... but if I can book with room only I might be moving that trip and the others I'll book this spring to Disney Springs. If you have to book a package ... I think your impact may be less, we just have to wait for it all to shake out.

Last edited:
Considering Disney considers a "Package" as room and tickets, I think it is pretty clear. My last trip in July was a "Package" staying at Pop and we did not use the DDP.

Considering Disney considers a "Package" as room and tickets, I think it is pretty clear. My last trip in July was a "Package" staying at Pop and we did not use the DDP.

There is not one package ...
Disney considers Room and tickets a package,
also Room, Tickets and DDP is a package
and also considers Room and DDP a package (no tickets).

What I am saying is that DDP is an important part of a package to many. We are wondering if that will be an option at these hotels since Disney is throwing around the word package .... because if it's not, some will not book these hotels. You picked the Room and Tickets package; I used to get the Room, Tickets, DDP package ............and now would book Room and DDP package, especially at these hotels.

At NON-Disney hotels there are great discounts if you don't book via Disney, and I can buy discounted tickets. I can even do this via a TA thus creating a package that is a better deal than Disney ........ because these hotels are more flexible about rates and working with TAs ... why not.

I can book Hilton with no deposit, discounted price, free breakfast and get points ......... even with TA. Even booking via Mousesavers is technically using a TA. Allowing us to add DDP would be a win/win for Disney.

We are just looking for clarification here because it is definitely not clear.

So I know this is going to start a debate but what's the benefit of staying on property now? Magical express? Slightly better transportation? I won't be staying elsewhere as POFQ is my second home but I can see others moving to offsite.

I think staying on property is a a benefit in itself (which it seems you do too.):)

Ugh, like FP+ doesn't stink enough already. It's hard enough for us with Annual Passes or just stay offsite to find a Fast Pass for the popular rides at the 30 day mark. I really don't want to be that guy that books a refundable room at WDW or Downtown Disney to have a chance at a big Fast Pass, but I'd like to have a chance to ride an E-Ticket attraction without the 2 hour wait! :littleangel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter