7:30AM v. 8:30AM Early Entry

adam.r.thomas

Earning My Ears
Hey folks - we're headed to WDW next week, the 9th-15th. We were originally planning on hitting MK on the 10th and 14th, but noticed that Disney bumped the open time for MK on the 13th to 8AM (they have not done so for any other day we are there). We're staying at BLT and are planning on doing ETPE, so were wondering if folks had perspectives on whether that extra hour (7:30 v. 8:30 for ETPE) is really a difference maker or not? We'd have to switch some ADRs and lose out on our Harmony Barbershop First Haircut for our DS if we made the switch, but if folks think the time difference is huge, we're willing to do it.

Thanks!

Hey folks - we're headed to WDW next week, the 9th-15th. We were originally planning on hitting MK on the 10th and 14th, but noticed that Disney bumped the open time for MK on the 13th to 8AM (they have not done so for any other day we are there). We're staying at BLT and are planning on doing ETPE, so were wondering if folks had perspectives on whether that extra hour (7:30 v. 8:30 for ETPE) is really a difference maker or not? We'd have to switch some ADRs and lose out on our Harmony Barbershop First Haircut for our DS if we made the switch, but if folks think the time difference is huge, we're willing to do it.

Thanks!
Yes, on a day that has 7:30am ETPE, there will be less guests since people like to sleep in but keep in mind, it's still only 30 min before all guests are allowed in at 8am but that opening time will decrease guests in attendance.

If you only had one day at MK, I'd probably change plans but if it's going to mess up reservations, I might not move it since you have more than one day at MK.

Yes, I agree, the earlier the entry the less people who will be there and the more you will get done.

To arrive at any park in time for ETPE it is recommended you arrive at your resort transportation 90 mins before ETPE begins. That timeframe is crucial to being towards the front of the crowds.

Having done 730 at AK, definitely makes a big difference. We were on the first bus out from our resort and were one of 2 families on the bus. Never had so few people on the first bus out to a park ever!

Sad about cancelling the 1st Haircut at Harmony Barbershop 😕 Both our boys had their first haircuts there at 15-mo and 18-mo. One of our best memories of WDW...ever! Those pictures our priceless to us and we still have the certificate, ears, and hair from that "first". Rides will always be there, but baby's first only come around once!

While the earlier opening will be less crowded, you aren't going at a super busy time so I'd stick with original plans and not miss the 1st Haricut. If you were attending over a major holiday or spring/summer break it would make more of a difference.

Last edited:
If you're willing to get up at the crack of dawn, 7:30 arrival, especially at MK, is quite lovely. We were able to knock out a lot in that first 60-90 minutes when we did it, when it's nice and cool and empty!

Thanks everyone for the responses. Because it's going to be blazing hot next week, we're playing it a bit by ear. Really appreciate folks taking the time to give their perspective.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter