7-Day Eastern 4/6/2013 Fantasy!

Justacruiser

Military Veteran
Down to 22 days before we start our 2013 Family Vacation. Players are myself, DW and DD (25). My DD lives in another state so myself and DW leave 4/4/2013 for the 1200 mile drive, while DD will fly into MCO in the late evening of 4/5/2013. My DW and I will pick up our DD and stay in Orlando until the next morning. Our cruise will set sail on 4/6/2013 to the Eastern Carribean w/San Juan.:banana:

Will provide more details soon.

Alright, time to get started with this pre-trip report.

I called the customer service line today and found out the movies playing while on the cruise. Since I have been on a few cruises on DCL lately, the only new movie might be Oz. Heard some good and bad about the movie.

Also found out while I was on the phone that Formal Night is night 2, Pirate Night is night 4, and that Semi-Formal will be night 6.

I haven't see the rotation yet, but I don't care that much about being in a specific restaurant on a certain night. I am pretty easy about that. So, I figure nights 1. 3. 5 will be menus based on the MDR I am in. Otherwise nights 2, 4, 6, 7 will be theme menus that all venues share at the same time.

Right up front I will tell you that the Movie Buena Vista Theater on the Dream and Fantasy are a lot more roomy than that of the Magic and Wonder. My DW and I are relatively tall and the leg space on the Dream and Fantasy (Movie Theater) is just so much better. Also, the TV in the staterooms is amazing compared to the Magic and Wonder. I hope they update both of the older ships when in drydock.

On the Fantasy and Dream there is a DVR in the room can you can stop/restart watching one of the over 100 movies that Disney has on these two nex ships. They have more recent movies and the older movies.

The MDR's on the new ships are a lot larger. But, the space in these new MDR's feel more cramped than that of the old ship. I try to pay attention to what is going on around me and I feel the CM's have to walk alot farther and be in more tight corners than the older ships. I think some of their work stations are not positioned in the best spots, but that is more their issue than for us cruisers.

Will you share which movies are playing for your group?

Have a safe and awesome trip. :cool1:

oz
lincoln
wreck it raulph
frankenweenie
finding nemo (3D)
people like us
brave
avengers
chimpanzee
muppets

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter