7 days in Southern California

julm26

Mouseketeer
We will have 7 full days to see California. We are from the east coast, so this will probably be our first and only trip to California. I have a training in LA and my family will meet up with me there. We want to head to San Diego for a few days first and then head back to LA to see stuff around there and also do 3 days at Disneyland at the end of our trip.

Can you help me plan my trip. We will be there from April 14 - 21. There is me, my DH and 8yo old daughter. We love Disney and the Beach. We want to do the San Diego Zoo (know it will take a whole day) and we are wondering if we should do Sea World?

You should look into buying a Southern California City Pass, It covers most of the parks in Southern Cali, Zoo and 3days at Disney etc. We have not taken our kids to Seaworld so I cannot comment on that but San Diego in general is beautiful. If you have extra time in SD check out Mission Beach. There is so much to do in LA. Hollywood Walk of Fame, Getty Museum, Legoland, Universal. Every beach town is a different experience. Venice is good to people watch some interesting stuff down there , not sure you want your 8yo to see. My DD is 8 we typically go to Huntington Beach Area. My SIL lives down there and she spends a lot of time at Hermosa Beach as well. Let me know if you have any other questions :) April is a great time of the year to be there.

If Sea World is in your budget, I'd recommend it. It's a good time, especially for people like yourself who don't live near a place that's similar (My family is from the Pittsburgh area by the way!:thumbsup2).

I don't necessarily recommend Universal Studios, so if that wasn't already high on your list, you can probably do without adding it.

Definitely make it to the beach to see it - perhaps La Jolla Cove so you can see the seals and sea lions, but do expect it to be quite chilly! In other words... walk the beach, take some pictures, but don't expect to spend a day tanning and swimming at the ocean, it's just way too cold for that, especially in April.

Way too much to see and do.

For my money you haven't really seen California until you've seen Yosemite, but that would take a bunch of time. Sequoia might be worth a visit though.

I have to disagree with the previous poster. I think Universal Studios is interesting. You get to see real production sets and get a better sense of the movie making process than anything Disney offers or Universal in Florida.

Old Town San Diego is fun and interesting.

Drive along the coast and stop at some of the more natural beaches. You never know what you might see.

Legoland is great if you have younger kids.

La Brea Tar Pits is something that not enough people do in my opinion.

Countless great museums. You are sure to find one that fits your interests.

I'd also visit one of the missions. Lots of great choices, but San Juan Capistrano is one I can recommend.

Have a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter