8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a shock this week, Mum went for a general health check and as part of the routine they did an ECG - anyway, it turns out unknown to her, that she has had a heart attack. Not surprising with the death of her sister a few weeks back and the stress that would have put on her. Probably also explains why her blood pressure is a little high.....

Paula....that is scary! Hope she's okay.

And that is the EXACT same reason we order a tux each time on board for DH. And the same goes for our DSs (who change sizes almost daily right now . . .LOL).

Renting the tux is easy and pain free. It's nice to wear it and give it back and NOT have to pack it (I'm already super concerned about 50# limits and 61 inch limits . .yikes ). I'm even considering mailing all our snorkel gear! Wish they did rented formal wear for women, too .. .

That would have helped me out if they had formal wear for woman.:thumbsup2 Chuck has a tux so we won't be renting one but boy I would like to change his mind. I need more room for my stuff.:rotfl2:

Are you all excited yet? :banana: I am excited for you and still wish we could go but we can't. We will be at WDW on September 1st to welcome you all home. :grouphug:

Have a great cruise! :thumbsup2

Wish you were still going.:sad2:

You've not met my DD yet have you... She wears a size 11 womens.

All i know is that God has a sense of humor... The ob/gyn for my DD has my birthday as her conception day....

Nice Gift. (Funny thing is i wasn't even home...I was out on a orientiering field trip that weekend.)

:rotfl2:

I logged into Woot to late..I just missed this!

It says:

Zero calorie, zero fat, safe for vegetarians, and Kosher certified seasoning salt that tastes like real bacon
Makes everything taste like bacon
Everything should taste like bacon

1/4th tsp. serving size
Contains 135mg of sodium per serving size or 6% daily value on a 2,000 calorie diet
Great to put on eggs, grilled meats or fish, vegetables, potatoes, or any kind of food

It's perfect for when DCL runs out of bacon!

J_D_s_Bacon_Salt_Sampler___3_Packuf.jpg

This looks good to me.:confused3

Tomorrow Denver is expected to shatter a 107 year old record of consecutive days of 90 degrees or more weather. Tomorrow should make 19 days in a row where we've hit 90 or more. And the forecast shows at least 5 more days of this (triple digits this weekend).

And yes, it's a very dry heat. Denver has no concept of a heat index. It's so dry that we get static electricity shocks as if it were the middle of winter. We've only received 3.25 inches of precip since January 1st.

I know we won't get much sympathy from the rest of you. I still wear long pants and a long sleeved shirt to work out every morning.

You can get some sympathy from me. :wizard: I am having trouble getting used to the triple numbers here, well if you count the heat index.:rotfl2:

We are heading down the stretch on this thread and overnight has been good for 3-20 pages lately.....

When we get closed out, dreaded 13 awaits

o.k I am funny about numbers.........need to skip 13.:rotfl2:

I'm all for that! At the recent pace that should be no problem.

Or we could just name the next thread #14. I know a lot of office towers don't have a 13th floor (either that or the button disappeared from the elevator panel). :confused3

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

ARLENE - Do you happen to know the code that needs to be entered to get the $50.00 OBC for paying for the cruise with your Disney Visa?
I had my TA check my OBC's. It did show my $25.00 credit for booking online but not the Visa one. I guess it is not automatically added when you pay w/ the Disney Visa.
The good news is my TA confirmed that she was giving my parents and I a $200.00 credit each. I asked her originally if she would match DU but she never really answered. We love her so much and everyone in our family uses her so I blew it off. Great little bonus to get.
I now have $900.00 Disney rewards that I am using $750.00 for tips. That leaves $150.00+25.00+50.00+200.00=$425.00 of free OBC money. :cool1:
And.... Friday I find out about a baby bonus we might get. I could be $100.00 to $1800.00. I am guessing around $200.00 so I am throwing that in too. I already had $4750.00 saved for cruise expenses so if I spend all that I will be very unhappy with myself.

:surfweb:

GM pirate:

Presently 78 going up to 89 here in Central Florida with 80% chance of rain

:grouphug: :hug: pixiedust: and prayers to everyone who is going to need it today

Happy Birthday and Anniversary to all we have missed

14 days to TOAL

Have a great Thursday

ARLENE - Do you happen to know the code that needs to be entered to get the $50.00 OBC for paying for the cruise with your Disney Visa?
I had my TA check my OBC's. It did show my $25.00 credit for booking online but not the Visa one. I guess it is not automatically added when you pay w/ the Disney Visa.
The good news is my TA confirmed that she was giving my parents and I a $200.00 credit each. I asked her originally if she would match DU but she never really answered. We love her so much and everyone in our family uses her so I blew it off. Great little bonus to get.
I now have $900.00 Disney rewards that I am using $750.00 for tips. That leaves $150.00+25.00+50.00+200.00=$425.00 of free OBC money. :cool1:
And.... Friday I find out about a baby bonus we might get. I could be $100.00 to $1800.00. I am guessing around $200.00 so I am throwing that in too. I already had $4750.00 saved for cruise expenses so if I spend all that I will be very unhappy with myself.

Not Arlene but the code is DCC.

Haven't been on the thread in months. Weren't sure my dad would be well enough to make the trip. He's so looking forward that now we're sure he'll be ready for the trip.

Famous meets... from long ago threads.....
My husband's first cousin is Richard Dreyfuss. I've met him on several occassions.
My daughter went to school with Miley Cyrus' little sister. This was in La Canada. Now they have a house in Burbank I hear.

Can't wait to get aboard.

Still trying to figure out the cell phone situation at Verizon. Went to the store last night and was told by one of those "young men", you really can't use your phone unless you want to pay about $5.00/min. YIKES!:confused3

Glad your Dad will be able to make trip.:goodvibes

Attention on DDEECK!

Those considering that crazy ...

MICKEY ICE CREAM BAR Eating CHALLENGE....

I thought I'd disclose that in the childrens' group the leading prize shall be this CHOICE of one of a couple of options... (1st place finisher gets 1st choice).... one of which shall be this cool beans MICKEY DIGITAL CAMERA. It only shoots VGA ... however it does have an LCD screen for previewing and takes an SD memory card. If you pop in a 1gb card then your camera is good for 14,000 shots! However, you'd probably change the 4 AA batteries a few times in the process. At any rate... here it is. Sign up quick if you're a kid with a decent appetite for wolfing down a Mickey bar! 2nd place finisher shall get 2nd choice of prize... while everyone else earns an award certificate.

Please sign up on the PIRATE ZONE thread - on the 3rd sea day.

83a7_1.JPG

My little one has been snapping hundreds of photos and it does shoot half decent images in bright light ... and with the flash some of the images are OK so long as the subject is about 4-8' away. Any way you slice it - she LOVES this thing! And now the winner of the YOUNGEST group of competitors shall have 1st choice from a couple of interesting prizes... with this one being the one I suspect to be favored by most.​

Awesome prize !!! What about the adult prizes.;)

Thanks, I should post more pics. of the room.:rolleyes1 Know where Canandaigua Lake is? I lived there for 16 plus years, I left in June of 07. Since planning this cruise I haved moved to 2 states.:scared1: /QUOTE]

yes! we lived in Rochester area for 11 years - left in '02! I loved visiting that area - gift shops and wineries! There was a nice restaurant right across the street from the lake - family used to stop in there when I was young, so it was nice to go back.

:wizard: "small world":wizard:

:)

Well, with all this talk of packing, thought I'd chip in. Have now managed to pack most our stuff:banana: for the girls I have bought lots of t-shirt dresses (don't know how else to dexribe them). They can wear them for dinner & then the following day at the club. They were a bargain at our H&M only £1 ($2) each, so if something goes on them I can't get off, I don't need to stress (much). DH & I will rewear things so expect to see each dress at least twice, altho' I did bring 2 formal dresses - when else do I get to wear them otherwise? I've made our Mickey Mouse t shirts so that is another night taken care of. All in all our packing is in 4 rolling holdalls, one suit carrier & a small holdall (containing various gifts) & am hoping that we don't need all of them on the return trip as much of stuff is taking an extended vacation:rotfl2:

Less then 2 weeks before take off for us :cool1:

Celestine

I think bubble wrap should be fine. Congrats!! on your Anniversary. Yes DH works in Englewood and use to work in Portland, OR. We just transferred here about 6 weeks ago. I hope that your DD is ok and how are your kids? We have DD6, DS14.
We are getting so excited about the cruise. We will have to meet up with you and your family. My DH has been with CH2M for along time. It's so exciting that you also work for the same company. We still have a few more things to get for the FE and waiting for our postcards to come, dress for my DD6, (won on ebay), the boys get their tuxes together. Lots to do.ugg...

Happy Anniversary and hope that yoru DD is ok.

Take care and keep in touch...

DD is doing fine. :woohoo: She takes medication for seizures and took some over the counter Sudafed PE (which the doctor said was fine) and ended up with hives and was just real shakey. She is 27, but you are always a mother and worry about them and of course I didn't want her to drive herself home. She called last night and said she is feeling fine and just slept it off. My other DD is 25 and is living at home while she finishes her Masters. But it is just DH and I on this cruise.

Small world that I should find someone else that works for CH2M HILL. Although at the rate we are buying companies it isn't such a small company any longer. I have been at this office over 8 years. Look forword to meeting your family onboard. Will you be at the Sail Away party with the DIS group?

DD smuggled the good digital camera to camp and another camper stole it. The camp director and GS council refuse to get involved so ....we have no camera now... Being the jobless person i am right now... can't replace it..

As for formal; i thought only 3 nights (2 formal; 1 semi)

I gladly loan some dresses around if they would work for you.

hmmm so far...for dinners i know i could potentially pack (this is just me)

~ princess formal dress
~ regular formal dress (strapless blue)
~ Semi-formal (black strapless)
~ sorta dressy pantsuit
~ black/white casual dress
~tan sundress
~aloha mickey dress
~ pink sundress
~Mickey mouse club shirt (casual)

(note no pirate outfit yet..) I just can't find anything i like. The older stuff i had is too big; can't really be altered down)

Kristina....if you are still doing Las Caletas.....don't forget you won't need a dinner outfit that night. We won't even be back until 6pm. From the look of the list, you will have plenty of dinner outfits.

Oh, and an idea for a *cheap* pirate shirt.....(we did this for my ds's costume a couple of years ago)....if you have an old white cotton turtleneck, tea dye it to "dirty it up". Then with scissors, make a straight cut down from the top of the neck to the chest to get the turtleneck to separate into a large "collar". You can also cut the sleeves off raggedy or in the same way you cut the turtleneck to resemble a button sleeve that is missing it's buttons.

I hope I explained that well enough.....just an idea I thought I'd share. Of course, you could always just do a pirate t-shirt.....that's what we will be wearing.

Doing the single digit dance. :dance3: I leave next Saturday for Buffalo, then head down to LA on Sunday. I can't believe the trip is almost here. I am no where near where I should be in preparation yet. My mom is still in the hospital. She should be coming home soon, then she has to wait for the infection in her pancreas/liver (not really sure where it is) to clear up before she can have the operation. They figure she will have the operation in 4 weeks. Where will I be? Probably on the Atlantic Ocean. I will be checking my email that day for sure.

Not next Thursday but the one after we can say "we are going tomorrow!" - woohoo!

Only 11 more work days to go.

One more pay day.

I could go on ... :rotfl:

Bit of a shock this week, Mum went for a general health check and as part of the routine they did an ECG - anyway, it turns out unknown to her, that she has had a heart attack. Not surprising with the death of her sister a few weeks back and the stress that would have put on her. Probably also explains why her blood pressure is a little high.

She's seeing the cardiologist tomorrow but as it was only found while doing a routine check and has had zero symptoms so her doctor isn't very concerned. More of a fluke that its been noticed. There is little she can probably do to change her lifestyle - she is active, a little but not a lot overweight and eats fairly healthily, doesn't smoke and doesn't drink.

I think she'll probably avoid telling the doctor and cardiologist about the thrill rides at Disney following the cruise - just try to stop her doing Tower of Terror and Splash Mountain... I'm certainly not brave enough to try.

Sorry to hear about your Mum. Glad it wasn't serious and seems to have no damage. :wizard:

and just checking to make sure- is most everyone else taking clothes for about half the time of their vacation and washing clothes and rewearing stuff again? Just checking. I can't imagine packing enough for all 5 of us for 21 days... i was planning on packing enough day clothes for about a week- wearing those to DL the week before the cruise, wash those before going on the cruise, and rewearing those on the cruise- and then same with dinner/dressier clothes... and halfway thru the cruise washing everything and wearing it all over again.
So are most people planning on doing wash atleast once and/or wearing things more than once? Or will we be the only freaks wearing the same clothes again the 2nd week of the cruise, the 2nd semi-formal, the 2nd formal, etc.? I hope not! :scared1: :rotfl:

Not sure what I am going to do yet. I am either go to do some washing on board or have my clothes sent out to be cleaned. I am going to be wearing some same pants and maybe a shirt or to.

15 yo's don't get any better either...:headache:

We have seperate clothes for each formal night but only will have a few casual dining options to mix and match so yes you may see some casual things more than once. (Unless i can fit a few more things in)

AS for daytime clothes...I pretty much live in swimsuit/shorts and T most of trip so those can be worn several times (after washing of course)

OMG......:scared1: I think i am having a panic attack... There is only two weeks left and i have so many things we don't have or can't get or have been stolen so now we don't have....

I sooooo need a screaming smiley as two weeks from right this second i should be sitting in the terminal at Dulles, VA waiting to board my flight. :eek:

Argh stolen you say? I must have missed that.:flower3: I think my panic mode will be setting in this weekend when Chuck comes home.:rotfl2:

Very strange. I've looked at all the stores here (Walmart, Target, Sam's, Costco and there are only 2 brands of XD cards I can find... Olympus and one other). For SD cards, there are like 4 or 5 brands and all different sizes from 1 GB up to 8 GB and the prices are reasonable. I usually buy them on buy.com or costco.com as their prices are the best.

Here in Northern/Middle Kolifornia, XD is had to find, SD & CF is everywhere. I ended up buying M+ XD Cards from Olympus' website. Otherwise I wait until a Bestbuy coupon arrives in the mail and head there for CF/SD cards.

Andy

Good afternoon everyone. Our prayers and good thought to all effective by the quakes.

Happy Birthday to Cheryl as well..party: :bday: :cake: I hope its a great day..

Very busy around here getting ready. We leave in 2 weeks.. WOW!! How does two years come down to 2 WEEKS??. My spare room looks like a cyclone went through with all the clothes and suitcases. How is everyone else packing going?

I think I have it down to 7 pairs of shoes... alot of dresses since my pants are mostly too big.. YEAHH!!!:wishthirty plus pounds and :wishsize4

Still along way to go but it feels so good.:woohoo:

Congrats also to wheelerkidz3 and the new addition.. I hope the morning sickness goes away very soon...:hug:

Congratulations Doreen !!!!!:goodvibes

Happy 25th Anniversary Linda And Ron!!!
(Tiggrbaby And DH)

d_6881.jpg

Congratulations! :goodvibes

Ohmygoodness...... I found my "mom" mickey head necklace and my ruby mickey head dangly earrings in that small carryon luggage that I said has been sitting in my closet for 2yrs with stuff from the last cruise in it!
I was wondering where those were. LOL
:rotfl:

Did you find the AC charger to my Garmin GPS? I've been looking everywhere for it :rotfl:

Andy

Thanks!
I assume that means you'll be repeating some of the regular clothes too?

Yes, we'll definitely be repeating regular clothes. I'm trying not to take too many pairs of shorts, shirts, etc. And then I might even just dump some of the worn stuff and not bring it back home. My son's clothes after the battering they're taking at camp are already looking like they could go to Goodwill.

Thanks, I should post more pics. of the room.:rolleyes1 Know where Canandaigua Lake is? I lived there for 16 plus years, I left in June of 07. Since planning this cruise I haved moved to 2 states.:scared1: /QUOTE]

yes! we lived in Rochester area for 11 years - left in '02! I loved visiting that area - gift shops and wineries! There was a nice restaurant right across the street from the lake - family used to stop in there when I was young, so it was nice to go back.

:wizard: "small world":wizard:

:)

Great place for spring ,summer, fall but not winter.:rotfl2: :rotfl2: yup small world.:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter