8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark,

We feel that it is in your best interests to unburden your soul of the Mickey Jail story. NOW.

LOL.......... Its been burdend since 1972............. Nice.....very nice !!!!

Mark

Really, Lorri? Oh, just try to forget the fact the he's in it (and who it's directed by)....Titanic is one of my all time favorite movies....I cry everytime....and I always hold out hope that they'll miss the iceberg.:rotfl:

Deana---I always find myself watching to see if the lifeboats will come back.....

Amen . . .but what do you do when your body (i.e. mine) is adapted to say 90 degrees (I love our hot summers!) and DH is adapted to 65 degrees (being from Seattle)? I keep trying to get him to move south . . . seems like I handle to cold less and less as I get older. Funny thing was that I went to college at Virginia Tech from Pittsburgh in an effort to get warmer. VT is NOT warmer in the winter . . in fact . . they had some of their worst winter weather in the history of school while I was there (-30 degree wind chills and 18 inches of snow overnight!) I'm still looking for that move to sunny FL (oh and humidity doesn't bother me . . .keeps my contacts moist .. .LOL):rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

I went from Pittsburgh further South (Georgia Tech) for some of the same reasons. I'm from the Mon Valley originally. One of the differences between Pgh. snow and here in Chicago -- no big hills here to deal with.

Gotta love that Andy. We only get 10 here (8 hard and 2 floating).

But what we lack in holidays, I make up for in vacation. 4 weeks, plus 1 day a month (12 per year), plus 2 personal days. We get 6 sick days on top of that.

If you count the 2 floating holidays, I it works out to 36 days per year.

I've been with the township almost 28 years now, I get 25 vacation days, 3 personal days, and 15 sick days per year, and the 13 Holidays.

At retirement the township will buy back a % of time that we have accumulated in unused sick time. A co-worker of mine that retired last May walked out with about $14,000 in unused sick time, he had been with the township 40 years. A nice little nest egg if you ask me!!!

Ah but dear, we're having much more than a day or two of cold days. We're having VERY cold days and it's been going on for weeks, with snow and ice and everything! :scared1:

BtW- 18 degrees is a heat wave by your standards? Where do you live? Antartica? :scared1:

Talk to me when you're having nice weather and our heat index is over 120. Mkay? LOL

(ps. I'm feeling for ya... I know what freezing fingers and toes is like, I just get that way even when it's not quite as cold as where you are)

Thanks for the sympathy..........

Nope.... Antartica is Way South of here............No penguins around here........Cold enough for Polar Bears though :sick:

We get the hot, humid weather also......... was 106 the day Laura and I got married......... :cool2:

Its the temperature extremes that get ya..........

And being able to drive on icy roads..........is a cool thing...........kinda like ice skating............but with seat heaters :rolleyes1 LOL !!!!

Mark

I've been with the township almost 28 years now, I get 25 vacation days, 3 personal days, and 15 sick days per year, and the 13 Holidays.

At retirement the township will buy back a % of time that we have accumulated in unused sick time. A co-worker of mine that retired last May walked out with about $14,000 in unused sick time, he had been with the township 40 years. A nice little nest egg if you ask me!!!

Nice Nest Egg or enough for you and Hazel to get the Walt Suite! :thumbsup2

wow, I gotta get a job like that! 56 days off a year or pay you back for sick days you don't use? My previous job (before SAHM) I'd been there a total of over 15yrs and never took a sick day. If I had your job I'd be racking up a big check in that 40yrs too! (like your co-worker)

I remember Romper Room, and Winkey Dink. Any one from the NYC area that remember Wonderama with either Sonny Fox or Bob McAlister? I thing it was on either Sat or Sun morning. One of them openly smoked on the show. Hey it was the 60's.

I remember Wonderama with Bob McAlister. I think Sonny Fox is the one that smoked.

Thanks for the sympathy..........

Nope.... Antartica is Way South of here............No penguins around here........Cold enough for Polar Bears though :sick:

We get the hot, humid weather also......... was 106 the day Laura and I got married......... :cool2:

Its the temperature extremes that get ya..........

And being able to drive on icy roads..........is a cool thing...........kinda like ice skating............but with seat heaters :rolleyes1 LOL !!!!

Mark

I read your post, then read where you are from. MICHIGAN... figures. That's where my Jeff is from.
:laughing:

(ps. it's not the heat that gets you... it's the heat day after day after day after day, usually the majority of the year. We're having a weird year here for 2007 though, I tell ya. I'm a little scared. Usually if we have a really cold winter like this, the summer that pretty much takes over spring and fall is usually even hotter... what is spring? what is fall? LOL)

Ok Lorri I understand you do not like Titanic.but if you want to clear the overbooking situation

we can talk about this scene that kept going through our heads before our last cruise since it was our first time to be on deck2......

the water is filling the lower decks and Rose is trying to free her man from the shackles that are binding him......she does and they race toward a stairwell......they are running faster faster as the water is outpacing them....ON one of the decks is the child.....and then the man comes and takes him to the cabin.....

I was thinking from the picture of Cinder that she looked just like a brown Snoopy....and well, she's a Beagle so that makes sense! Very cute picture Lorri....and I showed Drew the pictures of Joe. Thanks for sharing...

Thanks for showing them to Drew - we're trying to get pics of Joe together with the two dogs but he was grounded for not cleaning his room for a few days so as of today is just getting computer and video games back. He'll be answering Drew's email tonight or tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter