80 year old woman in good health wants to go in FOP

• Go for it!

Votes: 27 93.1%
  • No way Jose!

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

tommygunn

Maniacal Disney Addict!!!!!
My mom who is 80 and in excellent health wants to try FOP. She loves soarin but would not want to tolerate a coaster. What say ye?

George HW Bush was skydiving well into his 80s.
She’s gonna love it!

My parents are in their 70’s and loved Flight of Passage. My dad goes on anything but my mom isn’t a coaster person (though she can handle 7 dwarfs).

It's a nice smooth ride! It doesn't jar you around and the seats are more comfortable than they look imo. It also gives you a bit of a rollercoaster thrill without feeling tossed every which way.

Years ago my then 78 yr old mother enjoyed Splash Mtn but blew breakfast on ToT. One thrill ride experience is not predictive of another.

Bill From PA

My 75 year old dad rode last week and loved it! If she doesn’t have motion sickness issues and can sit comfortably in that position for the duration of the ride then she should be able to handle the ride.

Both my parents in their 70's loved it! My mom is susceptible to motion sickness and she was fine.

My dad rode it at 76 years old and loved it! If she's in good health and wants to~ I say go for it!
My dad is the same way~ loves Soarin but coasters are too much for him now~ mainly because of his back. But FOP was great for him and he loved it!

Best ride in WDW. I'm 74 and ride it whenever i can get a FP. My wife is 73, does not ride coasters and she loves FOP too

I'd say give it a shot, as long as like other people are saying, that she isn't susceptible to motion sickness. There are 3D glasses involved as well, so I'm not sure if those would exacerbate the condition if she is sensitive.

We took Dad who was 90 as Avatar was a favorite movie of his. He can walk but not long amounts so we had a wheelchair and took him in on that. He got on the Banshee and was wine and loved the ride but 3 out of four of us, including Dad, got motion sickness. That was the only part that got him. He said the movement of the ride was to too wild and he felt safe.

My 70 year old mother (yes, very different from 80 but...) is not a coaster person at all, never has been. She loved FOP and it is her new favorite ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter