9/28 Kona Cafe Review

JC Butterfly

DIS Veteran
Thanks to these boards, my husband and I discovered this place last year and it's on our "absoultely can't miss" list each time we go.

My husband is a Kona Coffee junkie. We always have to buy about 25 pounds to take home for him to have. Usually he buys the blend but this time he tried the 100% kona press pot and istantly fell in love. Said that it is a strong coffee with no after-taste, he would continue to come back here for the coffee alone.

Me? I'm a Tonga Toast lover! It's HUGE, did I mention really big? I can't really describe but it's like overstuffed banana french toast deep fried and covered in cinaamon sugar. It's very sweet. I can never finish a whole portion myself.

So hubby orders the Eggs Benedict (perfectly poached eggs) with delicious holandaise sauce and we split a little of each other's. Works out perfect.

He's not a big banana fan but still things the Tonga Toast is quite good. He loves it slathered in maple syrup. For me that takes it over the top in sweetness so I prefer it as is, yummmmy!

We went first thing in the morning and there were very light crowds. the service was quite attentive but not overbearing.

They have very unique lights/fan units plus the advantage of being in the beautiful Polynesian resort.

We always get a cup of coffee/juice to go and then have a walk on the beach before starting our day at Magic Kingdom, it's pure bliss . . . . and someday we will stay at this resort but until then, we'll enjoy being "wannabees"

You should try it for lunch or dinner too! One of the best kept secrets!

You know I've been trying to get my DH to split an order of Tonga Toast and Eggs Benedict since I read here of someone doing so. He loves Eggs Benedict but loves Tonga Toast even more so it's a no go.:D It sounds like such a good although rich combination.

Nice review.

We usually hit Kona Cafe at least once for breakfast when we are there. Its always been good, even when it was the Coral Isle Cafe.

Shhhhh...Kona is one of the best kept secrets at WDW. And the pressed pot of coffee...ummm....

It's great to read your review, thanks for posting it! I've made a PS for us to try Kona when we're there in Nov. and I'm really looking forward to it. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter