90 day recovery status?

Has anyone used the Walgreens rapid NAAT to qualify for 90 day recovered? I know NAAT works but wasn’t sure if there was a difference with it being “rapid”. CoVID hit our house this week hard, 3 out of 4 are positive with official results from Walgreens. Hoping to get 90 day recovered letters for our May 28th sailing.

I skipped from Page 2 to here. Hope this helps someone.

My niece and DH had Covid in January. I told her to get an official test on record. (She went to Walgreens or CVS for that.)

Cruise: April 25. They went to the doctor the week before and got clearance.

At boarding, they bypassed testing and then waited for us to be processed. We all boarded the ship together.

(We got home and they used an app that notified them they were in contact with someone onboard who had Covid during the cruise. Our people are all okay still.)

Does anyone know if Canada sailings are using antigen or PCR at the port to get on the ship?

I skipped from Page 2 to here. Hope this helps someone.

My niece and DH had Covid in January. I told her to get an official test on record. (She went to Walgreens or CVS for that.)

Cruise: April 25. They went to the doctor the week before and got clearance.

At boarding, they bypassed testing and then waited for us to be processed. We all boarded the ship together.

(We got home and they used an app that notified them they were in contact with someone onboard who had Covid during the cruise. Our people are all okay still.)
What app did they use?

Does anyone know if Canada sailings are using antigen or PCR at the port to get on the ship?
Antigen. I just had this confirmed by someone who was on the Vancouver to Hawaii cruise. Testing was done across the street from the port at the Fairmont Waterfront Vancouver in their ballroom.

Does anyone know if QuickMD will complete the recovery letter *on* Day 10, or does it have to be after the 10 days of quarantine are completed? I sail this Saturday on 5/14, and my real Day 10 is actually tomorrow, 5/10, but that is according to the home test I took on 4/30. I understand that QuickMD will not count that day, and will start the 10 day count from the day you had a proctored test, which was 5/1 for me. I am concerned about waiting until after the 10 days on Thursday since I sail on Saturday and do not know how long Safe Passage needs to approved it. Anyone have any experience with this dilemma? Thanks!

Does anyone know if QuickMD will complete the recovery letter *on* Day 10, or does it have to be after the 10 days of quarantine are completed? I sail this Saturday on 5/14, and my real Day 10 is actually tomorrow, 5/10, but that is according to the home test I took on 4/30. I understand that QuickMD will not count that day, and will start the 10 day count from the day you had a proctored test, which was 5/1 for me. I am concerned about waiting until after the 10 days on Thursday since I sail on Saturday and do not know how long Safe Passage needs to approved it. Anyone have any experience with this dilemma? Thanks!
I submitted my 90 letter and test yesterday at 2pm and it was approved today at 1pm.

I just talked to them quickmd yesterday but I can’t remember what they said about days, they were definitely more concerned about when symptoms started and when I stopped having any symptoms.

I submitted my 90 letter and test yesterday at 2pm and it was approved today at 1pm.

I just talked to them quickmd yesterday but I can’t remember what they said about days, they were definitely more concerned about when symptoms started and when I stopped having any symptoms.
Did you make the appointment for after your 10 day or in the middle of it? My husband and two boys all tested positive last week/this weekend. Trying to figure out when I should make the evaluations for. We sail May 28th😞

Thank you! Good to know about the timing for approval and your experience with QuickMD. I reached out to customer service at QuickMD and they said I can meet with them on Day 10, which is Wednesday for me, so hopefully that is correct! Will report back after my appointment on Wednesday morning!

Did you make the appointment for after your 10 day or in the middle of it? My husband and two boys all tested positive last week/this weekend. Trying to figure out when I should make the evaluations for. We sail May 28th😞
I did the appoitment after 10 days. I had a lingering cough for 18 days so I didn't think they'd write it until I could talk to them without coughing so I waited. Looks like someone else posted that QuickMD said you can do it on 10 days but not before.

I did the appoitment after 10 days. I had a lingering cough for 18 days so I didn't think they'd write it until I could talk to them without coughing so I waited. Looks like someone else posted that QuickMD said you can do it on 10 days but not before.
Thank you!

Thank you! Good to know about the timing for approval and your experience with QuickMD. I reached out to customer service at QuickMD and they said I can meet with them on Day 10, which is Wednesday for me, so hopefully that is correct! Will report back after my appointment on Wednesday morning!
UPDATE! I met with QuickMD on Day 10, today, and that was fine. I received my recovery letter about 10 minutes after the visit via email. I submitted to Safe Passage at about 9:30AM today, and was just approved, the same day, at about 10:30PM. Easy peasy! I would recommend QuickMD for sure, and it is fine to meet with them on Day 10.

UPDATE! I met with QuickMD on Day 10, today, and that was fine. I received my recovery letter about 10 minutes after the visit via email. I submitted to Safe Passage at about 9:30AM today, and was just approved, the same day, at about 10:30PM. Easy peasy! I would recommend QuickMD for sure, and it is fine to meet with them on Day 10.
Would you mind sharing the cost info? Did your insurance cover it? At the least we can submit to HSA?
TIA

Would you mind sharing the cost info? Did your insurance cover it? At the least we can submit to HSA?
TIA
Sure, it was $75. Probably cheaper than an urgent care visit most places. I have not tried to get reimbursed via insurance, but did pay with my HSA credit card and that worked.

Sure, it was $75. Probably cheaper than an urgent care visit most places. I have not tried to get reimbursed via insurance, but did pay with my HSA credit card and that worked.
Thanks for the info. One last thing: Did they know what you needed when you made the appointment or did you have to spell out exactly what you needed them to write? Was it easy to get appointment? Nights/weekends?
My boy tested positive last Tuesday. It’s been about a week. We don’t sail til July. How long should we wait before making an appointment?
Thanks so much!

Thanks for the info. One last thing: Did they know what you needed when you made the appointment or did you have to spell out exactly what you needed them to write? Was it easy to get appointment? Nights/weekends?
My boy tested positive last Tuesday. It’s been about a week. We don’t sail til July. How long should we wait before making an appointment?
Thanks so much!
Happy to help! No, they do this as part of their work, so they knew what they needed to do and do it often it seems. I made sure to tell them, though, what Safe Passage told me should be in the letter (1: Name and DOB 2: that I recovered from COVID and 3: that I was cleared to travel or that it was safe for me to travel). I messaged them before to make sure that this would be in the letter and they said it would. It was super easy to schedule, and I could have been seen the next day, but waited until day 10 to be seen so scheduled for that day. There was lots of availability, and one of the appointment types you schedule for is for a COVID recovery letter, which means they do this often! The doctor I met with said that they did more in January, but this is common for them.

In terms of when to schedule for, I would not schedule sooner than day 10 (your day 0 being the day you test positive with a proctored test). I tested positive via a home test late one night, and had to get retested the next day to be able to qualify for the 90 day recovery letter, so that day became my day 0. I was seen on day 10. I suppose you could wait longer, though, as long as you have the test results that meet the criteria for the recovery letter. I was sailing on 5/14, and my day 10 was 5/11, so no time to waste for me!

Happy to help! No, they do this as part of their work, so they knew what they needed to do and do it often it seems. I made sure to tell them, though, what Safe Passage told me should be in the letter (1: Name and DOB 2: that I recovered from COVID and 3: that I was cleared to travel or that it was safe for me to travel). I messaged them before to make sure that this would be in the letter and they said it would. It was super easy to schedule, and I could have been seen the next day, but waited until day 10 to be seen so scheduled for that day. There was lots of availability, and one of the appointment types you schedule for is for a COVID recovery letter, which means they do this often! The doctor I met with said that they did more in January, but this is common for them.

In terms of when to schedule for, I would not schedule sooner than day 10 (your day 0 being the day you test positive with a proctored test). I tested positive via a home test late one night, and had to get retested the next day to be able to qualify for the 90 day recovery letter, so that day became my day 0. I was seen on day 10. I suppose you could wait longer, though, as long as you have the test results that meet the criteria for the recovery letter. I was sailing on 5/14, and my day 10 was 5/11, so no time to waste for me!
We just got a positive. Day 10 will be less than 48 hours before we board. I am thinking as a back up we could even show the quickmd email at the port if safe passage not cleared for some reason. Of course it is on the weekend……My kicker was the $300 test at urgent care late in the day to get documented with the 48 hours to spare!!!! We have rescheduled this cruise three times! It's almost funny. Still wondering if we will get the welcome aboard or go home.

Has anyone used the Walgreens rapid NAAT to qualify for 90 day recovered? I know NAAT works but wasn’t sure if there was a difference with it being “rapid”. CoVID hit our house this week hard, 3 out of 4 are positive with official results from Walgreens. Hoping to get 90 day recovered letters for our May 28th sailing.
I really hope so because that's what I have for my son. It didn't occur to me that the "rapid" might present a problem when proving a positive. Have you uploaded your letters yet?

We just got a positive. Day 10 will be less than 48 hours before we board. I am thinking as a back up we could even show the quickmd email at the port if safe passage not cleared for some reason. Of course it is on the weekend……My kicker was the $300 test at urgent care late in the day to get documented with the 48 hours to spare!!!! We have rescheduled this cruise three times! It's almost funny. Still wondering if we will get the welcome aboard or go home.
I would call Safe Passage and see what they say. When I called them questioning whether I would be able to upload the letter in time to be approved/cleared to sail by Safe Passage, they said that I would always just bring the documentation to the port if that did not happen, so I think you may be fine. Ouch about the urgent care cost! I am in NYC so I am lucky that I have access to plenty of free antigen and PCR testing, as well as free COVID-related urgent care. Best of luck, I hope you get to sail!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter