a bit of AKV info...

emsip

Mouseketeer
I spoke with my guide on the phone last night. It was just a courtesy call to see if we were planning to go to WDW this year. I asked him about AKV. He said that they would start selling points in March and that the full details would be coming out soon.:banana: :cool1:

That's the earliest timing on opening sales for AKV that I think I've seen (could be old news to others). Only 7-9 weeks away? We'll stay tuned for more details. :)

I was told by a very nice , very interested in buying AKV, cm and she said she has a very good friend that works for DVC, and the person said AKV will start selling around june/july this year.;)

I could see it being March to match up with the increase in price per point that I hear is going to $104 on March 5th.

My guide told me early spring- so that is in line with what the op heard.

Does anyone find it interesting that SSR prices will rise to $104. supposedly on March 5th....and AK announcements rumored coming out in March????:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

Coincidence...think not???:confused: :confused:

2 things...

1. If March is true, whoever gets into the models first make sure you come back with PICTURES for all us DISers to see!

2. If March is true, I wonder when they will start taking ressies?

Was at disney this week, talked to a few sales people that said same thing, june or july. Disney needs to have 6th and 7th floors ready for reservations first. Disney would like to sell out SSR first also.

Was at disney this week, talked to a few sales people that said same thing, june or july. Disney needs to have 6th and 7th floors ready for reservations first. Disney would like to sell out SSR first also.

I don't agree that they have to have anything ready. They started selling SSR before anything was "ready."

Why does AKV have to be different?

As far as the time of release, don't know, don't care. AKV is not on my list anyway.

I'd ONLY consider Hawaii and even then it would have to be oceanfront and better than the Marriott offerings. I can see it now "DVC anounces DVC Hawaii!!!!!!! A beautiful Hawaiin themed resort only a short shuttle from the beautiful Pacific Ocean." This would be even more galling because they sold a prime piece of oceanfront land to Marriott a while back. Nice move DVC.:sad2:

Well has abyone been over to VAK to see if anything is going on? Is any construction or renovation going on in the existing building? A lot or a little?

I'd ONLY consider Hawaii and even then it would have to be oceanfront and better than the Marriott offerings. I can see it now "DVC anounces DVC Hawaii!!!!!!! A beautiful Hawaiin themed resort only a short shuttle from the beautiful Pacific Ocean." This would be even more galling because they sold a prime piece of oceanfront land to Marriott a while back. Nice move DVC.:sad2:

Hawaii! I love Hawaii and would definately add-on there! That would be an easy sell for me to convince DH to buy into:lmao: He talks about moving there all the time. I just can't live without my parents and friends though.:rotfl: Not to mention the expense of living there - Yipes!::scared1:

Well has abyone been over to VAK to see if anything is going on? Is any construction or renovation going on in the existing building? A lot or a little?

We stopped by AKL on 01/10/07 to see what was going on. We didn't see any major construction projects and the DVC desk was not occupied. We stopped by several DVC desks and did not get any additional info.

Our goal in life is to make it to Hawaii every 5 yrs. - one reason we thought owing at DVC would come in handy - at least we can trade out to someplace on Maui every 5th yr.... Just curious - when you say "better than the Marriott offerings" were you referring to the Marriott in Ka'anapali or the Marriott (formerly Outrigger) in Wailea or on a diff. island altogether?! I have stayed at both of those properties before they were Marriott owned...we thought they were nice enough properties when we used them...

I just spoke with the DVC person at the WL DVC desk this evening when I was
in the lobby and he wasn't real forthcoming with info on VAKL. He even went so far as to say it's not a done deal yet. I spoke with my guide last week before we left home and she didn't have too much info......basicallly just what we all know already. She also mentioned beginning to sell "this spring" but didn't commit to any specific month. So, who knows .........I mean, Eagle Pines was announced also and has IT been built yet?

This would be even more galling because they sold a prime piece of oceanfront land to Marriott a while back.

If you are refering to the Newport Coast property, that wasn't exactly oceanfront. It's across Pacific Coast Highway and up a hill from the beach. It's a bit of a hike from the resort to the beach. (You can, however, see the ocean from the resort.)

I think we will see info. (point charts, price per point, etc.) coming in early Feb. The SSR promo ends on Jan. 20th. Then add the 10 day back-out time... so early Feb makes sense to me as to when the info. will come out. And then early March to begin pre-sales makes sense as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter