A couple of dumb questions

Annam26

Mouseketeer
I've read how when you want to watch a show, parade etc, is best to get ther around 90 minutes before it starts.

On WDW's calendar the June hours for Spectromagic are at 9 and 11 pm.
Wishes is at 10 P.M

What woud be the best strategy and/or spot to view both? Are there places for wheelchairs? Are there seats for the ambulatory visitors? (it may be hard for my mom to stand for so long).

The other question is about checking out. Check out time is at 11 am. We would like to see at least some of the other resorts before heading home. Is it possible to ride the monorail to the resorts even after we check out?

Viewing really depends on your preferances. I like to go to Liberty Square to watch the parade. Although really any spot is fine for that.

For Wishes I like to go over to the rose guarden area. It's between the castle and that food spot that's at the end of Main Street on the Tomorrow Land side. I like to go down the path abit and watch the fireworks with the castle as a backdrop. Again it's just a personal preferance, I'm sure other people have thier favorite spots.

You will certainly be able to use the monorail on your check out day. I've never seen them check for resort ID. Even if they did check I'm fairly certain that the last day of your stay is included even after you have checked out.

Have fun, I love Spectro, Wishes and visiting the hotels. Sometimes I think I like those 3 things more then the rides. :)

We use Liberty Square Wheelchair viewing since it has a rock ledge that DH can sit on behind mine and DD's wheelchairs, then we go over to the Rose Garden for Wishes....We get to LS early and have a great time talking to the CM's stationed there or the other ppl next to us, we espceially like to find out if we are sitting with new viewers! As far as I know anyone can visit any resorts at any time.

MommytoMJM,

It seems to me that the CMs in Liberty Square are nicer then the other places. We always seem to have great conversations there while waiting for Spectromagic. :)

BillSears said:
MommytoMJM,

It seems to me that the CMs in Liberty Square are nicer then the other places. We always seem to have great conversations there while waiting for Spectromagic. :)

Us too, we know a lot of them personally since we go every weekend, they adore my daughter and it makes my DH feel safe leaving us to go get dinner for us knowing we have ppl who will be there if I need them! Let me know the next time you are in town and we can schedule a viewing of the parade together! It is my daughter's very favorite thing at MK (aside from the CM's that is!)

MommytoMJM said:
Let me know the next time you are in town and we can schedule a viewing of the parade together! It is my daughter's very favorite thing at MK (aside from the CM's that is!)

Thanks, that sounds like fun. But we won't be down till Thanksgiving week and I'm not sure what our plans will be. My family picked that week to have a family reunion so I'll be working my schedule around them.

Annam26 said:
I've read how when you want to watch a show, parade etc, is best to get ther around 90 minutes before it starts.

Hi, Annam26. I guess that it depends on the day and the season that you are going. Sometimes during the weekday it is not as crowded as a Friday or Saturday when the locals are off work or those just travelling and visiting for the weekend, or those that like to take advantage of the longer opening hours of Friday and Saturday, and hence visit Magic Kingdom on those days.

But in general, the sidewalk spaces along Magic Kingdom Main Street start filling up for the Spectromagic parade. And, of course, the spaces along the side walk along in front of the Castle.

But if you travel along the spaces closer to the
Splash Mountain, these spaces seem to fill up later.

There are several spaces set aside about 60 to 90 minutes before the Spectromagic parade for wheelchairs and scooters along with their caretakers or family. Although they may have to sit on the ground or stand. There is one disability section that I know of across from American President's attraction that has a partial brick wall that some can sit on. And a space that is not disability area near the same area that also has a wall just as close. It is near the steamboat, and in front of a wall that is about six feet behind the rope that others can sit on.

Annam26 said:
On WDW's calendar the June hours for Spectromagic are at 9 and 11 pm.
Wishes is at 10 P.M

Sometimes you might have better luck at finding a non-disability spot at the later, 11:00 P.M. Spectromagic parade as many get tired by that time.

Annam26 said:
What woud be the best strategy and/or spot to view both?

If you get there really early...I like the spot in front of the castle. Just find a space anywhere along circular park area (where the Mr. Disney statue is located), facing the castle. The side walk is no longer raised here, but you can tell where the sidewalk meets the road. Here you can watch the castle while waiting for the parade.

Or there is a space on the road, where the parade turns in front of the castle to go over the bridge (or visa versa depending on the direction the parade takes that day). If you can watch a parade in advance, even doing the day, and see where Castmembers set up the poles in the ground to attach the ropes to show people where they can stand, you can pick a great spot to watch the parade, the castle, and the parade turn in front of you.

Annam26 said:
Are there places for wheelchairs?

There are several places that the Castmembers set up ropes for the disabled using wheelchairs. I guess the best known place is a space around the circular park that contains Mr. Walt Disney's statue in front of the castle. If you are facing the castle and think of it as a clock. Stay with me here. The last time that I was there, they set up a rope and poles along an area between 3:00 and 6:00. Castmembers are standing at 3:00 area to guide you.

Another disability wheelchair area is closer to the front of the park. Castmembers set up rope and poles between the sidewalk near the Barbershop and the center circular park that has the flag pole. You would be facing the Train area and fire station areas.

I listed another area above that is located across from the President attraction.

Annam26 said:
Are there seats for the ambulatory visitors? (it may be hard for my mom to stand for so long).

Now this is harder. The last place that I know about is across from the President attraction, but that is not really seats, but a wall to lean or sit on.

They took down those stone wall and stone seats around the circular park where Mr Disney's statue is located. But you could lean against the wrought iron fence.

How about finding a space on the second level of the train station in the front of the park. This is not a disability section. It has a cover roof for rain sprinkles. It is raised above the crowd. You can pick a view with the castle and main street to watch the parade come n front of you around the circular and then down main street. This is a great place to watch Wishes, too. And you are very close to the exit. The other thing is that there are wrought iron chairs that other guests could put next to your wheelchair so that they could sit down, too.

You will have to get there very early to get a good spot on the railroad porch. There is a ramp on the side to roll the wheelchair up that others use to get on the train. (although the wheelchair cannot go on the train).

Annam26 said:
The other question is about checking out. Check out time is at 11 am. We would like to see at least some of the other resorts before heading home. Is it possible to ride the monorail to the resorts even after we check out?

Not only can you ride the monorail to see the other resorts like the Contemporary Resort, and the Polynesian Resort, and the Grand Floridian resort. Why don't you take the boat launch to these three resorts, too, for a different, fun view. You can also take the boat launch from Magic Kingdom to Wildernes Lodge Resort and to the Camp Wilderness Campground.

Or catch a bus from Magic Kingdom to the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Or catch a bus to the Beach and Yacht Club resort. Then you could take a boat launch from there to the Boardwalk, or to the Swan and Dolphin resorts.

These trips are especially fun in December after Thanksgiving Day when all of the Christmas lights and Christmas trees are all set up.

Have a great vacation.

Sincerely, Ray

BillSears said:
Have fun, I love Spectro, Wishes and visiting the hotels. Sometimes I think I like those 3 things more then the rides. :)

Sounds so Exciting!

Thank you Bill :goodvibes
MommytoMJM said:
We get to LS early and have a great time talking to the CM's stationed there or the other ppl next to us, we espceially like to find out if we are sitting with new viewers!

Oh, I can't wait! Thanks, MommytoMJM :goodvibes

RaySharpton said:
Not only can you ride the monorail to see the other resorts like the Contemporary Resort, and the Polynesian Resort, and the Grand Floridian resort. Why don't you take the boat launch to these three resorts, too, for a different, fun view. You can also take the boat launch from Magic Kingdom to Wildernes Lodge Resort and to the Camp Wilderness Campground.

I'd LOVE to do that!
RaySharpton said:
Have a great vacation.

I will. Thanks, Ray :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter