A Daily Lesson in Parenting and Manners: A TR by a real life Wicked Stepmom!

By posting, you have already subscribed. Welcome! :)
If you don't want to post, you can use the "thread tools" on the toolbar up above to subscribe. Be sure to select "instant" notification so you will get email notifications when something new is posted. That's the theory anyhow... the Dis has been acting funny lately and sometimes thread notification emails are a little sporadic...
Now if you click on "User CP" in the left hand corner of one of the above toolbars, that will take you to a page that shows you all the threads you have subscribed to or posted on. From there you can "unsubscribe" and also see what threads have had recent posts.

I only hope you ended all of that with a pronounced "ya'll". :rotfl:

But of course!! I use "ya'll" all the time anyhow.... which makes people look at me funny in "Hicksville", MT. We are close enough to the Canadian border that the most commonly heard "sentence-ender" is "Eh?" I can combine them and REALLY confuse people - "Ya'll wanna come to the store with me, eh?" :lmao:

:lmao: I love that you have a Great Auntie Morag...a phrase one of my friend's and I use when we're debating who's paying for something is "Put your purse away Morag" (said in a very old lady voice)...I'm sure that's the voice you're relating to:rotfl:

Heaven knows where Niamh get her ideas from, she's heavily into shocking people for amusement at the moment so God help us when she reaches her teens:scared: This morning she came into bed with me for a snuggle and DH and I thought she'd gone back to sleep:angel: ....Donny proceeded to get changed for work....yes you guessed it the little voice pipes up "Bare bum Daddy...cheeky, cheeky". Poor Donny was mortified and Niamh nearly wet herself laughing. :maleficen

You just made me SNORT laugh...LOUDLY...one of the teachers from down the hall just poked her head in to see what so funny!!!

Oh my word your little one is a CHEEKY little monkey!!! I imagine she would be QUEEN of the Bold Children's Island...where my granddad was forever threatening to send us!!:lmao: I love the sassy ones best...and as I always say "Sass indicates brilliance!"

too funny.
so were they tring to pass off the child as under 3 for Disney? maybe the Dad wasn't on board.

I don't think there was any subterfuge...I just think the dad was totally clueless...I was surprised a child as young as Ellie appeared to be could even manage the shirt and the skirt by herself!

Is that a worse offense than trying to use your refillable mug at another resort? :rotfl:

Pert near as bad I'd say!! Although have y'all heard that the mug issue is fixin to be a moot point here pretty quick...there is now only one kind of mug...all resorts have the same ones. So...seems that the days of secret mug refilling thrills are over!!!

Oh well...there will ALWAYS be pool hopping to get into debates over!!

I use them already! I think Miss Cammie has changed all of our lives, for the better!
When my DD13 was being snarky the other day, I told her I would slap her down with a well-arched eyebrow. ;) Then later I called my DH a pootsnorkel. He was totally confused, but the kids thought it was hysterical. :rotfl:

Isn't POOTSNORKEL the BEST word EVER?! :cool1: It just works so well in so many situations. I think it should be added to the Webster's Dictionary!!

Pootsnorkel: adj. A person who is acting in opposition of the wishes of the BOSS of everyone else!

see also: Pain in the RUMP...belligerent and non cooperative...

:teacher:

I only hope you ended all of that with a pronounced "ya'll". :rotfl:

Everything sounds better with a y'all...it's a friendly sort of contraction that includes everyone!:goodvibes

How do you "subscribe"? I'm following 4 trip reports and that I'm totally hooked on (they're better than :happytv: ), and I have to search for them each time.

you're subscribed!!! :thumbsup2

But of course!! I use "ya'll" all the time anyhow.... which makes people look at me funny in "Hicksville", MT. We are close enough to the Canadian border that the most commonly heard "sentence-ender" is "Eh?" I can combine them and REALLY confuse people - "Ya'll wanna come to the store with me, eh?" :lmao:

I very nearly married a guy from Montana...and lived in a place called Stevensville...lord help me that place was barren...the Bitterroot Mountains were gorgeous if slightly oppressive...AND my in-laws to be pretty much hated me...referred to be as "Belle" as in "Southern Belle"...but in a derogatory not nice way... AND they told their son that if ever adopted that "tacky Southern accent" they'd disown him. Pretty much the meanest people EVER in history...I think they are related to the Meanest lady in DISNEY. It was confusing to me b/c I'd always been so respectful and I really loved their son. But the dad kept saying that my accent made him think of stupid people.

yeah...nice. Really, they just didn't want to lose their baby and I was taking him away...SUPER functional folks these...

not so much.

*ahem*

I love this trip report!!!! I am so happy when I see a new installment :)

YAY! Thanks for reading!!!:goodvibes

ACK!!! I'm pert near late for my meeting...gotta run!!!

thanks for reading everyone!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

You just made me SNORT laugh...LOUDLY...one of the teachers from down the hall just poked her head in to see what so funny!!!

Oh my word your little one is a CHEEKY little monkey!!! I imagine she would be QUEEN of the Bold Children's Island...where my granddad was forever threatening to send us!!:lmao: I love the sassy ones best...and as I always say "Sass indicates brilliance!"

Queen, High Priestess, Deity....yes Niamh would RULE the Bold Children's Island:sad2:

I very nearly married a guy from Montana...and lived in a place called Stevensville...lord help me that place was barren...the Bitterroot Mountains were gorgeous if slightly oppressive...AND my in-laws to be pretty much hated me...referred to be as "Belle" as in "Southern Belle"...but in a derogatory not nice way... AND they told their son that if ever adopted that "tacky Southern accent" they'd disown him. Pretty much the meanest people EVER in history...I think they are related to the Meanest lady in DISNEY. It was confusing to me b/c I'd always been so respectful and I really loved their son. But the dad kept saying that my accent made him think of stupid people.

yeah...nice. Really, they just didn't want to lose their baby and I was taking him away...SUPER functional folks these...

not so much.

*ahem*

Oh that is TOO funny! I spent 11 of my early years living in Stevensville! Well, not exactly *in*, but near... just west, up on the side of St. Mary's mountain. It is a beautiful scenic area, but what a PIT in terms of opportunity, education, entertainment, and nearly any other civilized amenity. As a former resident, let me apologize for the uncalled-for, but not surprising given the geographic location of the source rudeness. Sheesh....
If you leave Stevi, and turn right, heading towards Missoula on Highway 93, and then drive about 3 hours northward, you'll be in Kalispell, which is where I live. Just as beautiful, but slightly less backwards. ;) Only slightly.... *coughUnibombercough* :rolleyes:

Oh that is TOO funny! I spent 11 of my early years living in Stevensville! Well, not exactly *in*, but near... just west, up on the side of St. Mary's mountain. It is a beautiful scenic area, but what a PIT in terms of opportunity, education, entertainment, and nearly any other civilized amenity. As a former resident, let me apologize for the uncalled-for, but not surprising given the geographic location of the source rudeness. Sheesh....
If you leave Stevi, and turn right, heading towards Missoula on Highway 93, and then drive about 3 hours northward, you'll be in Kalispell, which is where I live. Just as beautiful, but slightly less backwards. ;) Only slightly.... *coughUnibombercough* :rolleyes:

OH my WORD...Stevi...wow, that brought back an AVALANCHE of memories! I just got a flash of my former flame's face as he talked about baseball and football and high school glory days.

Don't suppose you've ever heard of Collin Murphy?

He was rather famous around those parts!

Is it wrong that a part of me took a teensy bit of delight in the fact that you referred to Stevensville as a PIT!:rotfl2: My former almost inlaws described it as the Shangri-la of Montana!!!!:rolleyes:

One of my sorority sisters was from Kalispell...when she first told me where she was from I thought she said "Cow's Bell"!!:lmao: I've not been able to think of it any other way since. It's a lovely town though! come to think of it I was surrounded by Montanans as an undergrad...my college roommate and still best friend was from a teensy town called Richey...in Eastern Montana...near Glendive...which also cracks me up name wise.

I forgive Montana for having mean people..."A River Runs Through It" was filmed there after all...and we love us some Brad Pitt!!:lovestruc ;)

'MissCammieisms' indeed! One of my massage teachers is a touch on the anal side and she does this thing with her eyebrows whenever anyone asks a question she doesn't quite follow(which is several times daily). I told my classmates every time I saw her 'smack someone with that eyebrow' that I heard engine brakes in my head, we all died laughing and now whenever she does it in class we can't help but snicker. Miserable little cusses we are ;)

I'm thinking of starting my pre-trip report and my goal is to be as entertaining as Miss Cammie! I tend to rein myself in when posting because I can ramble on forever, so I love her attention to detail and feel like maybe I can let myself go on mine, so long as I break it up fairly well ;)

Everything sounds better with a y'all...it's a friendly sort of contraction that includes everyone!:goodvibes

But of course, Miss Cammie. I'm originally from Atlanta so the word flies out of my mouth at every sentence. I'm like a circus act up here in MD. It cracks me up to hear people ask me to repeat words. They love it when I'm "fixin" to do something. :lmao:

But of course, Miss Cammie. I'm originally from Atlanta so the word flies out of my mouth at every sentence. I'm like a circus act up here in MD. It cracks me up to hear people ask me to repeat words. They love it when I'm "fixin" to do something. :lmao:

Oh my goodness, I hear you on that!! I went to college on the West Coast and I had a professor who was FASCINATED with my accent. Here I was trying to sound intelligent in class and my professor would snicker like a little girl and ask me to repeat myself! He'd copy every other word out of my mouth...I couldn't get through a sentence without giggles from that man...which would get the rest of the class to laughing. :rolleyes: Once he asked me if I would count to ten for him...told me he'd give me extra credit!

He freaked me out.

a lot.

:goodvibes

OH my WORD...Stevi...wow, that brought back an AVALANCHE of memories! I just got a flash of my former flame's face as he talked about baseball and football and high school glory days.

Is it wrong that a part of me took a teensy bit of delight in the fact that you referred to Stevensville as a PIT!:rotfl2: My former almost inlaws described it as the Shangri-la of Montana!!!!:rolleyes:

One of my sorority sisters was from Kalispell...when she first told me where she was from I thought she said "Cow's Bell"!!:lmao: I've not been able to think of it any other way since. It's a lovely town though! come to think of it I was surrounded by Montanans as an undergrad...my college roommate and still best friend was from a teensy town called Richey...in Eastern Montana...near Glendive...which also cracks me up name wise.

I forgive Montana for having mean people..."A River Runs Through It" was filmed there after all...and we love us some Brad Pitt!!:lovestruc ;)

Hmmmm....A boat guide in Oregon claimed it was filmed there when I was visiting the Grants Pass area a number of years ago (a few months after filming wrapped). Perhaps one substituted for the other--Hollywood style! :)

Thoroughly enjoying your TR, Miss Cammie! :thumbsup2

No, I have never heard of Collin, but then I was 12 when we left Stevi in... umm... 1984, I think.
And I think Kalispell = Cow's Bell is a universal thing.... my best friend attended college at UTK in Knoxsville, TN and nearly everyone thought the same thing... she got really tired of MOOOOing at them. ;)

And ALL towns in Eastern Montana are teensy...LOL. And lots of them have silly names too... "Two Dot" is one of my favorites. :lmao: Especially since it hardly even rates *One* dot. :confused3

Hmmmm....A boat guide in Oregon claimed it was filmed there when I was visiting the Grants Pass area a number of years ago (a few months after filming wrapped). Perhaps one substituted for the other--Hollywood style! :)

Thoroughly enjoying your TR, Miss Cammie! :thumbsup2

Your boat guide needed a TIME OUT cuz he was telling a fib...I only know this b/c I had to see the news paper article from the Bozeman Chronicle 84,000 times as I had cousin's living there at the time...the Blackfoot River had actually become too polluted to film there so they had to move the filming to the Bozeman/Livingston area.

I know my Brad Pitt facts!:lovestruc

glad you are enjoying the TR!

Loved your latest update, as always :woohoo: Too funny about putting a pull-up on a strange girl.

This morning I told my son to shake a tailfeather.;) Pretty soon everyone will be using MissCammieisms.

I did that yesterday too!!!

I don't remember this, but my Mom has told me the story. The one and only time my Mom had my Dad get me dressed when I was little, he forgot my underwear. Thankfully, Mom noticed before we got to where we were going! :scared1:

I can't wait for your next update MissCammie!

Miss Cammie...I need an update! :goodvibes

I'm lovin' your report! It's super great.:worship: I teach kids all day long, and they make me laugh...so I appreciate your kid stories! :dance3: Kids can have such different reactions to situations (just like anyone else can) that's it's always amazing to see what they will do or how they will react or respond.

I learn so much from them each day! :grouphug: I can't wait to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter