"A Dingo Ate my Baby!"

DVCLiz

<font color=00cc00>That's me - proud defender of t
Looks like a dingo really did eat the baby - just read on CNN that an Australian coroner ruled the baby was taken and killed by a dingo. I always thought that was what had happened. I never believed the Chamberlains were guilty.

Aussie here - after 30 years she has a death certificate for her daughter which reflects the findings.

When you listen to Lindy Chamberlain it is amazing what she went through in the first days of forensics science where the belief was "if it is forensics it must e true" now we are all amateur CSIs. The defense had no money to question anything and then samples were destroyed.

There is always going o be an uncertainty - but dingoes have killed children, so it is not impossible.

I remember that whole thing and how bizarre it all seemed to me. I read a book that detailed all that family went through. It was very sad. I am glad that family has some resolution.

Aussie here - after 30 years she has a death certificate for her daughter which reflects the findings.

When you listen to Lindy Chamberlain it is amazing what she went through in the first days of forensics science where the belief was "if it is forensics it must e true" now we are all amateur CSIs. The defense had no money to question anything and then samples were destroyed.

There is always going o be an uncertainty - but dingoes have killed children, so it is not impossible.

What do most Aussies think about this trial? Are there still people who think Lindy did it?

What do most Aussies think about this trial? Are there still people who think Lindy did it?

It seems that there are always who want to blame the parents no matter what the circumstances and evidence available. Look at the Jon Benet Ramsey case. No matter what evidence has been found, there are those who will always think the parents were to blame.

Such a sad story, but everytime I hear it, Elaine (from Seinfeld) is my head saying "maybe the Dingo ate your baby".

I don't recall this story

There's a movie about it with Meryl Streep as the mom. Watched it 1 night and it was good, though the way Meryl played her did not make her the most sympathetic person, which is probably why they thought she did it.

Only thing i am surprised about is the death certificate only being issued now. I thought it was issued years ago and that's why she released from prison:confused3 but its been a number of years since I've seen it.

Weren't the kid's clothes found folded up on a rock though? :confused3 I could never get passed that.

Weren't the kid's clothes found folded up on a rock though? :confused3 I could never get passed that.

Really? About 5 seconds on Google can find a description of the clothes, the person who found them, the person who moved and rearranged them, etc. You would convict somebody on hearsay that was a lie?

Really? About 5 seconds on Google can find a description of the clothes, the person who found them, the person who moved and rearranged them, etc. You would convict somebody on hearsay that was a lie?

where did I suggest anyone should be convicted? :confused3

Jump to conclusions much? The PP just happened to note the oddity of that.

where did I suggest anyone should be convicted? :confused3

You said you couldn't get past the report that the clothes were folded neatly. I assumed you meant you thought she was guilty because you believed someone would have folded them, the same person who committed the murder. I assumed you would have voted "Guilty" if you'd been on the jury based on your statement.

The reason everybody thought she was guilty was that her behavior in interviews was completely whackadoo. I'll admit -- I would have convicted based solely on her demeanor after the fact. And I would have been wrong.

So it's sobering. (But she really WAS bizarre -- she seemed to completely lack sincerity, so nobody believed her)

I'll be watching the coverage to see if they show any of the initial interviews she did, and if my feelings are still the same.

For the pp who couldn't recall the name of the movie, it was "A cry in the dark".

I have relatives in Australia who really believe that Lindy was guilty as charged. I guess the possibility that she was guilty will never be erased from some peoples minds. A bit like here in the Uk with the Madeleine McGann case, some people think her parents were involved others think that she was taken on purpose for goodness knows what reasons.

I'm glad that Azarias parents have some of the closure that they have sought for 30 years, but as far as I can remember they have never found a body so could never properly say goodbye to their baby.

Claire :)

I remember hearing a couple years back that they discovered the clothes and determined her story was indeed the truth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter