A Dream Come True - March 2013 PTR

HappyPanda

DIS Veteran
As the title sugests, this trip is really a dream come true - for more then one reason!

Firstly, let me introduce the cast! We have:

Me - Helen - Age 29
a070d40e-7a4e-451b-b508-a8bb7ec6380b.jpg

I'm a huge Disney Fan, always have been and always will be! Now, I'm lucky enough to have a Disney mad Daughter too, so I loving being able to share my 'happy place' with her for the third time! :cutie:

My favourite characters are Chip & Dale and Tigger!

DD - Olivia - Age 5 (will be 6 the day after we come home!)
49dc7906-70ba-41bc-8cec-71e572eae612.jpg

As you can see from this picture, she loves being a Princess and meeting Sleeping Beauty was a big highlight of our last trip! Her other favourite Characters are Stich, Jessie, Tigger & Minnie. :thumbsup2

DM - Linda - Age 64 (her big 6 5 is on 5th April so this is her birthday treat!)
ef245086-1235-47be-bee8-22d0061e7476.jpg

Mum is a big kid at heart, so Disney is the ideal place for her to go! This will be her Second trip and she is very very excited.
She doesn't really have any favourite characters, she just loves the whole experience! :lovestruc

When: 17th March 2013 for 4 nights
Where: DISNEYLAND HOTEL :goodvibes:goodvibes:lovestruc:lovestruc:woohoo::woohoo:
How: Direct Eurostar both ways

I mentioned before that this is a dream come true trip for us. This is mainly because we're finally getting to stay at the Disneyland Hotel - I've stayed in all the on site hotels at some point over the years, but this is the first time we've 'pushed the boat out' and gone for the Disneyland Hotel.

This trip is also very special as we are celebrating Olivia's 6th Birthday, my Mum's 65 birthday and also my impending wedding! :wizard::banana::yay:

I am so excited, but must find time to sit and start to plan it a bit more, so I'm hoping this PTR will inspire to me do just that! :dance3:

How wonderful and magical! We'll be in DLP 19-26 March too. Good time to visit DLP.

Isila said:
How wonderful and magical! We'll be in DLP 19-26 March too. Good time to visit DLP.

We went the same week last year as we are going this year and found it perfect! The park wasn't too busy but busy enough to have a nice atmosphere. Last year was helped along by the gorgeous weather! Hoping this year follows suit there lol!

Sounds like a wonderful trip! How exciting to stay at the DLH with your mum - I have had similar thoughts about taking my mom sometime and thought it would be the perfect hotel for us.

Enjoy your trip!:cloud9:

Sounds like a wonderful trip! How exciting to stay at the DLH with your mum - I have had similar thoughts about taking my mom sometime and thought it would be the perfect hotel for us.

Enjoy your trip!:cloud9:

Thank you :hug:

Last year we stayed at the Cheyenne and whilst we loved it, with my Mum having two replacement hips and dodgy knees it was a quite a long walk after a long day of trekking round the parks. So we thought we'd go for the DLH so that it will be a lot easier to pop back every now and then! :thumbsup2

Speaking of my Mum, she not happy that only non-blurry Disney pic I could find of her is one of her 'studying' the map.. so he is a nice non-Disney one of the soon to be birthday girl :lmao:

339e1b10-fe0d-459b-8935-459cf9f65153.jpg

Sounds like it is going to be an amazing holiday! Can't wait to read all about!

Your mom was right to get a better photo on here......she looks amazing.....very hard to believe she is celebrating her 65th Birthday :thumbsup2

Sounds like it is going to be an amazing holiday! Can't wait to read all about!

Your mom was right to get a better photo on here......she looks amazing.....very hard to believe she is celebrating her 65th Birthday :thumbsup2

I'll tell her you said that, it will make her day.. no week...no probably her year!! :lmao:

Tonight Olivia & I are going to sit down and do our Disneyland Countdown Calendar! We've done one on our past two trips and it's something for her to get involved with as she can countdown the days each day (also stops the "how many more days" questions!

I'll try to get a picture of it up on here tonight! :)

As promised, here is my little cutie-pie with her brand new Disneyland Countdown Calendar!

2013-02-13190443.jpg

Only 31 days to go :yay::yay::cheer2::cheer2:

Less than a month to go now! :cool1::yay:

I've been having a think about our meal plan but not really sure what to do this time! I'm keen to try some places I've never tried.. but also have a few firm favourites that I want to go to again! At this rate, we'll be having 4 meals a day! :rotfl:

So far, my must do places to eat are:

Auberge
Walts
EoS
Annettes
Rainforest Cafe
Blue Lagoon
Inventions

Plus we will be doing the Wild West show!

Just now need to put that information into some kind of meal plan! We're there Sunday-Thursday so should have just enough time to fit them all in! :cool1:

Less than a month to go now! :cool1::yay:

So far, my must do places to eat are:

Auberge
Walts
EoS
Annettes
Rainforest Cafe
Blue Lagoon
Inventions

Plus we will be doing the Wild West show!

Oh, yes, less than a month... :cool1:
I decided to skip BBWWS this time and do Sunday brunch :thumbsup2
We'll be doing EoS, Rainforest cafe, Annettes too. Can't wait.

Oh, yes, less than a month... :cool1:
I decided to skip BBWWS this time and do Sunday brunch :thumbsup2
We'll be doing EoS, Rainforest cafe, Annettes too. Can't wait.

I'd love to have done the Sunday brunch but we arrive too late on the Sunday!

Today I have booked our Wild West show tickets for Monday 18th March @2130. So that's another thing ticked off. :thumbsup2

I have nothing to book, it looks like everything is settled. Still working those autograph books done. I booked Plaza gardens and Restaurant des stars. Can't wait for the trip.

Two weeks today and we should be in the magic! I am feeling MASSIVELY under-prepared. By this time i've usually booked all our meals and had a plan in place for what to do and when.

So far, all i Know is when we are doing BBWWS as that's the only thing I have booked! :headache:

Going to try and put a rough plan together this week.. before I have a complete meltdown! :eek:

I'm working on autograph books and it's driving me crazy. It's not going smooth and I'm not getting any replies from company I wanted to get those books printed. I'm going crazy :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter