A few Aulani questions

Mackysmycat

DisneyDreamer
1. Are there floaties for floating in the pools?

2. We want to eat at AMA AMA and make reservations to coincide with the sunset. What time do you suggest?

3. I read somewhere about a night time dinner cruise? Anyone know what that's about?

Thanks! :3dglasses

There tubes for floating on the lazy river and down the water slide

2. We want to eat at AMA AMA and make reservations to coincide with the sunset. What time do you suggest? I'm not sure when you're going to be there, but right now sunset is at 6:30

3. I read somewhere about a night time dinner cruise? Anyone know what that's about? Sorry, don't know about this

See answers above

I believe that you can usually find sunset times based on the time of year by checking on weather.com... or googling it.

You can also get free rentals for life jackets. They are perfect for the little ones. You can use them at the pool or on the beach.

Right, I knew about the tubes for floating the lazy river, was just wondering if they had flat pads for floating in the pool (loved this last year at the resort we went to in Jamaica)

We get there November 10th.

No life jackets needed - kids are 10 1/2 and 12 1/2.

Thanks! :banana:

We'll be there mid-October and the sun will set just after 6pm, so by Nov it will set before 6. You can google "sunset Hawaii November" and find the exact times. I'd say probably make a reservation for 5 and by the time you are done, the sun will be setting. We're going to do Ama Ama for lunch because it's cheaper and we have picky eaters (mainly FIL) who don't appreciate fancy food.

Not sure about the pool floats, but I can let you know! And sorry, no idea about the sunset dinner cruise. Is it an Aulani excursion? You could check their excursion page.

I don't think there are floats available for use in the pools. Now that you've asked the question, I don't recall anyone using a float in the pools. Of course, kids use vests and water wings, but I can't remember seeing any adults using floats in the pools.

Now, in the lagoon its a different story. Guests were using all sorts of floatation devices. Makiki Joe's, the Aulani Beach rental shack, had several items for rent, plus a few things that were free to Aulani guests. Here is a photo of the rental board at Makiki Joe's (circa September 2012):

file-119.jpg

And sorry, no idea about the sunset dinner cruise. Is it an Aulani excursion? You could check their excursion page.
No idea - I just remember someone posting about it either on the boards here or trip advisor and I made a note to ask here. :(

UGH - we have to pay for the use of paddle boards and kayaks?! I'm so used to all inclusive. :( :(

The pool isn't that deep and it can get crowded on weekends. Why not just float on the lazy river? Or are you referring to baby floats?

2. We want to eat at AMA AMA and make reservations to coincide with the sunset. What time do you suggest?

We stayed there in September and had a 5:30 dinner reservation and the sun set before our entrees were served. Keep in mind things run on island time. It was pretty much dark by 6:30 PM. The night and day was perfectly evenly split. I agree about check the sunset times on a weather website. Like Weather Underground http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

3. I read somewhere about a night time dinner cruise? Anyone know what that's about?

Some have mentioned the dinner cruise out of Ko Olina Marina. http://www.koolinamarina.com/activities/sunset-cruise/ Don't know about the quality of the food. But it's just down the street.

Thanks for the info on the cruise!

The pool isn't that deep and it can get crowded on weekends. Why not just float on the lazy river? Or are you referring to baby floats?
I just like to float and tan in pools. Not sitting in a tube and moving. Just flat and still-ish. ;)

We stayed there in September and had a 5:30 dinner reservation and the sun set before our entrees were served. Keep in mind things run on island time. It was pretty much dark by 6:30 PM. The night and day was perfectly evenly split. I agree about check the sunset times on a weather website. Like Weather Underground http://www.wunderground.com/history/...q_statename=NA
I called today to change my time and asked - and she looked it up and told me 5:40ish, so I changed it to 5:30.

Thanks. :)

Sunset - OMG I didn't even think about that being so early.

I read about the Friday night fireworks - has anyone done those and are they still running around 9:30pm?

Fireworks are only for special nights. We were luck enough to catch them during the food and wine festival.

Pool space should be a little better once the pool expansion opens, but still probably won't have enough space to float and tan in the pool. You could totally do that in the lagoons, though.

What with sunset getting earlier and earlier, you may want to make your reservations at least 30 minutes before sunset, otherwise you may not be seated in time.

Dinner cruises are offered through the HoloHolo desk, there is one out of Ko Olina and one out of Aloha Tower/Waikiki (Star of Honolulu). Never been on the Ko Olina one, and it's been years since I've done the Star of Honolulu. I liked it, though. Great views of Waikiki and Diamond Head from the Star of Honolulu.

Hilton Hawaiian Village in Waikiki has fireworks every Friday. I would try and book the Star of Honolulu for a Friday night, if possible.

They don't allow floats in the pool just the standard arm floats or the life jackets. They'll tell you that it's not allowed in the pool. The tubes in the lazy river are kind of the same thing. Or in the lagoon you can do whatever you want there and the water is pretty calm there. I hope this answers your question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter