A Golf Cart's fit in a 6.5' truck bed....

BigDaddyRog

<font color=red>Ask me about my cartoon pitch<br><
I finally got around to loading my cart into the bed of my truck. I know some of you have asked about how a cart fits in a truck bed thats less than 8' .....well heres some pics.

SDC12029.jpg

SDC12030.jpg

SDC12031.jpg

SDC12032.jpg

SDC12033.jpg

SDC12034.jpg

SDC12035.jpg

This is a trick I learned here on the DIS...

SDC12037.jpg

SDC12038.jpg

SDC12039.jpg

SDC12040.jpg

By lifting the tailgate this much,I should have no problem hooking up the camper and making turns.

SDC12041.jpg

BE SURE TO ANCHOR THE RAMPS TO THE TRUCK!!!!!!

SDC12036.jpg

BDR
The cart is looking great! :thumbsup2 Is your cart lifted? Were did you get your ramps? They look like pretty nice ramps.

Cat whistle "here". Nice ramps !!!! :laughing:

Hope you didn't find out first hand about using the straps to hold the ramps to the truck. :eek:

BDR
The cart is looking great! :thumbsup2 Is your cart lifted? Were did you get your ramps? They look like pretty nice ramps.
No...its not lifted at all,thats stock height. I got the ramps at http://www.etrailer.com/p-11201.htm.

Cat whistle "here". Nice ramps !!!! :laughing:

Hope you didn't find out first hand about using the straps to hold the ramps to the truck. :eek:
Yep, Denise...those are the ones(or very similar to the ones) you suggested to me quite some time back...they are great, telescope from 5.5'-8'. Makes the bottom clearance a breeze when going from the ramp to the truck bed. ....And,NO....I didnt learn the hard way about bracing the ramps....I definately took you guys' advice for that!!!

Way to go, Rog!!!
Thanks Deb !
I thought God took care of that dead tree by your driveway?
Jim....god works in mysterious way....and he works very slowly apparently!! ;) He took about 6 feet off of the top of it a couple of months ago...Im sure he'll be back to finish the job at some point....I just hope Im as lucky next time as I was last time!!

Rog, I know you probably checked all your weights to make sure you can haul the people, the golf cart, the camper, and all the stuff. But wow! you got it on there, sure enough. ;)

Bama ED

Rog, I know you probably checked all your weights to make sure you can haul the people, the golf cart, the camper, and all the stuff. But wow! you got it on there, sure enough. ;)

Bama ED

I am purposely overloading mine now just to drive people crazy.

Yeah, Ed....I took all of the weight into account before buying the pop-up. I come in a couple of hundred pounds below the quoted limit, This is why I decided on the pop-up...lightest weight for the maximum unfolded space.

Dont tell Larry...he'll report you to a more popular camping website!!!:scared1:

I hear ya on that one. By the way, consider yourself lucky on the tailgate. If I put that on my tailgate in my Tundra, it would crumble.

I'm already getting some separation of the sheet metal (was that way when I bought it). I got busy, figured I'd get around to bringing it back in to the dealer at some point. Sure enough, I mosey on in there with 35,000 miles +/- and find out it was only covered up to 30,000 miles. They can fix it if I want to pay for it. I figure I'll wait until some ijit runs into me this winter during a snow storm. Bound to happen someday!

Wanted to congratulate you on the set-up. Love the flames. Any photos of the whole set up yet? I want to see the tricked out trailer - maybe with a Welcome to Fort Wilderness sign in the background?

Not only am I going to overload my truck, but I am letting about 10lbs of pressure out of each tire, too! Take that, Larry.

I wonder if something like this for ATV's would work for your cart.

631790675_jFFjE-Th.jpg

Would still give you room up front for coolers, beer and stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter