"A History of Violence" ... anyone seen it?

Oh, I know! Bello was great...this movie made me a fan of hers. She was so much better than some of the other oscar nominees this year. :confused3

I agree, Maria Bello was great!

And a certain part of the movie made me wish I had stairs in the house. ;)

Miss Jasmine said:
And a certain part of the movie made me wish I had stairs in the house. ;)

;)

Not for me. I turned to DH and said, "Can you imagine the bruises they got?"

SSB loved it... saw last September at Toronto International Film Festival... at 8AM! Quite an eye opener, at that time of day... haha!!

Howdy, SSB!!!! :wave: We were in your neighborhood last week, but never got over to the lemonade stand . . .

Who'd have thought that a nice, upbeat guy like you would love a dark, violent film, Bob . . . or do you really have a evil side, Joey??? :scared1: ;)

How refreshing to watch a movie in which a happily married couple expresses a healthy (and creative!) sexual attraction.

sotoalf said:
How refreshing to watch a movie in which a happily married couple expresses a healthy (and creative!) sexual attraction.
Maybe the first scene, but the second time was not exactly what I would call "healthy" . . .

Deb in IA said:
Maybe the first scene, but the second time was not exactly what I would call "healthy" . . .

haha, true.

What an ambivalent scene. I've heard people say that Mortenson rapes her, which is nonsense. Clearly she wanted it, but was disgusted she wanted from the man she no longer knows.

Again, bouquets to Maria Bello and Viggo Mortenson.

ewww the 2nd most terrible movie I've ever seen. Love Viggo, nice buns!, but honestly - did a six year old write that script? I was so angry at myself that I didn't turn it off! I kept thinking "It's got to get better". Terrible, terrible. And no, I don't hate violent films, in fact Falling Down is one of my all time favorites. I hate to think what that says about me... :rolleyes1

sotoalf said:
What an ambivalent scene. I've heard people say that Mortenson rapes her, which is nonsense. Clearly she wanted it, but was disgusted she wanted from the man she no longer knows.

Again, bouquets to Maria Bello and Viggo Mortenson.

I agree with you also. That scene, as uncomfortable as it was to watch, shows that the scary, brutal side of Tom Stall is not completely gone. And Edie embodies the idea that we find danger, evil, and deception both stimulating and repulsive.

Deb in IA said:
;)

Not for me. I turned to DH and said, "Can you imagine the bruises they got?"

I, of course, had to watch the DVD extras and they showed the filming of this scene as director and both actors worked it out. She limped away during one of the breaks to view the scene. Both she and Viggo burst out laughing when they watched the end of the scene when she is finished with him and shoves him away. Viggo isn't at all shy, is he? ;)

Deb in IA said:
Howdy, SSB!!!! :wave: We were in your neighborhood last week, but never got over to the lemonade stand . . .

Who'd have thought that a nice, upbeat guy like you would love a dark, violent film, Bob . . . or do you really have a evil side, Joey??? :scared1: ;)

Howdy my great friend... shout next time! :)

Also thought the William Hurt scene fantastico... a long time fan of his, and that was just crazy-great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter