A "Kid's Programming" Question

Poly Pal

DIS Veteran
I did not read all of WebmasterMichelle's important post, but I suspect I might be touching on a hot topic!

When we sail, my two boys will be 6 and 11. I know the younger wil go to the Oceaneer Club and the older will go to the Oceaneer Lab for fun. But can the oldest visit with his little brother in the Oceaneer Club? Is there anything they can do in the clubs together? (You know how little brothers want to do everything their big brothers do!)

The children do many, many things together. They actually switch clubs for various activities. Many times I picked up my five year old in the lab. They really do see each other quite a bit.
It is a great program!

I wouldn't count on them seeing each other. I had kids in the 5-7 program and one in the 8-9 program. They never saw each other. When the 5-7 year olds were in the lab, the 8-9 year olds were either in the club or somewhere else on the ship. Check the navigators on barb and tony's site to compare times and locations of each group.

If you just explain to your kids which groups they will be in, and let them choose their activities independently based on their navigator's, you shouldn't have trouble with them wanting to be together, at least I didn't! It is very empowering to kids if they can see a schedule and pick and choose what they want to do.

Also, unless you plan on your kids spending all day in the clubs, there is plenty of time for them to interact at the pool, on shore, at the family activities, dinner etc.

Just got off of the cruise.
I had kids in the 3-4, 5-7 and two in the 10-12,
The younger two groups did interact quite a bit.
I know that my 5-7 and 10-12 did see each other twice while in the lab. That was just our experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter