A Little Bit of TO--and tipping

Debbie

DIScovering DIS magic-missing my colours
We never go out to eat, and we'll be in TO to see The Lion King on Saturday. We'll be eating at 360 and since we've never been up the CN Tower, we're quite excited about that! Trouble is, I don't know what a reasonable tip would be. 2 adults, 2 kids, the set menu, probably nothing ie alcoholic drinks, extra. Any guidelines? I'll need to hit the bank to have the money tomorrow! Thanks for suggestions!

we did the restaurant part of the promotion last week and when we sat down, I handed the waiter our dinner stubs and he brought over the set menu for us to choose from. When the dinner was finished, he brought us two bills, one for the "set menu which stated the prices and then zeroed them out and the other bill for our drinks...I'm sure they show you the zeroed out bill so you can base your tips on what you would have paid. Even before that, we figured each set menu meal would have been around $40 and we weren't far off when the bill came each meal was $43. Have you looked on the internet at the set menu for 360 restaurant? That place was my first choice until I saw the menu and then I wasn't impressed with the choices. Have a great time. We also saw the Lion King as part of the promotion and just loved it...I hadn't expected to be so impressed! Jo

Can you just go up in the CN tower without eating there? Is it worth it? What is cost?

Thanks for the link! Does anyone know about these rides? Are they kiddy rides or scary rides? Can you compare them to anything at WDW?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Pugdog007
Thanks for the link! Does anyone know about these rides? Are they kiddy rides or scary rides? Can you compare them to anything at WDW?

Thanks!

They are simulator rides similar to Back To The Future (although not quite as intense),Laser Tag and typical games room (nothing too exciting).

Pugdog007 - a bit of advise if you are planning to go up the Tower. Get there first thing when it opens. We went last summer about 1pm and stood in line for about 2 hours!
As an "ex-Torontonian" the only time I've taken people up was first thing (I think they open at 10am) but this time I was with my kids and they really wanted to go up. It was worse than any Disney line!! (and no fast-pass!)
It is well worth it, and the glass floor is a hoot!
Enjoy!

Thanks, Jo-Anne, I did check the website to get a read on the dinner, so I knew about how much to take for the tip.

As it turned out, the bill came with the price on each meal set at $47. The meal was good, although not our typical fare, and service was fairly fast. They appeared to have most things "pre-plated" so the appetizers were really quick. We were right at the window, and the girls had a blast watching everything. The Heart of Romaine salad was scrumptious!

After we ate, we walked down to the observation decks and checked everything out. The girls were fine to go on the glass floor, but I had my doubts. It took some personal convincing to walk on it, but I did--and quickly scooted off. :eek: It was really neat, though, because we were literally over Skydome, and were watching the fans run the bases after the game. (DD 11 had been giving me a play by play as we finished our dessert minutes before!)

As to the menu choice at 360º, I agree that it would not be our choice as a rule. In fact DH said that, while it was good, he preferred the chicken fingers and mashed potatoes that he had at Swiss Chalet before the play. :rolleyes: You can take the boy out of the country, but not the country out of the boy! I weighed the trip up the tower, along with the menu, and so 360º won out. For my family, it was the best choice!

The play was amazing. I had seen it a year ago, so watched with discerning eyes this time, loving it just as much! DH and DD's thought it was super, too!

Beside the Princess of Wales theatre, there is a little store called Theatre Q, I think. Take time to visit. The stuff that that store has is amazing, especially if you are a Broadway fan! Well worth the trip. In fact, The Lion King CD was $17.97 + tax there, compared to $25 at the theatre.

It was a wonderful day and start to summer vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter