A Man's Guide to a Blister and Chaffing free Trip

sbelyo

Mouseketeer
After Many trips to the world I have compiled several techniques that will save you from any blisters or chaffing during your trip. These tips are based in the summer when moisture is plentiful. In the winter change the shorts to jeans.

Clothing:
Comfortable cargo type shorts with pockets on the outsides. make sure they give you room in the seat or else you'll be in trouble. Cotton will cause less irritation, but polyester dries faster. So you can choose the trade off.

Athletic Support (aka Jock Strap). With this in place of underwear you will not sweat nearly as much, so there's no chaffing

Thorlo walking socks. The right socks are key in preventing blisters. Thorlo's are expensive, but well worth it. They have a blend of material that will wick away moisture and cause it to evaporate. They also have extra soft material in the toe and heel to prevent blisters in those areas.

Shoes are next on the list. Here's the deal, if you have a pair of comfortable walking/running/sneaker type shoes use those. If you have to buy a pair, get them a few months ahead of time to break them in. Laced shoes usualy perform best because your foot moves around in them less i.e. no irritation.

Accesories:

Bodyglide, Bodyglide, Bodyglide. Here's the website http://www.bodyglide.com

This is the only protection you will ever need. No band aids, no duct tape, no vaseline, no deodorant. Once applied it will not wash off with sweat or water. I have never had to apply it more than once a day.

Application technique:

Apply body glide using your fingers to the following areas: Inner thighs, between toes, bottom of entire foot, and heel of foot.

Bodyglide is like thick sticky vaseline. Rubb it into the skin and it will dry somewhat on it's own once your clothes are on. When your done, wash your hands with soap and water. Soap is the only thing that will remove it!

Armed with that info you should be irritation free!
Enjoy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter