"A Private Affair" at HH- New Menu!

WebmasterDoc

DIS Veteran
I just received the new menu, for the "A Private Affair" dining program, from Chef Gordon at HH.

The cost has risen to $150 for one or two guests and $50 per person for 3 and up. (If you already have a reservation- the old pricing will still be honored.) The previous menu is still available and Gordon is able to work with special requests also.

There is a 24 hour minimum notice. Advance reservations are strongly suggested. Call 1-843-341-4166 for reservation information or reserve at the resort directly.

Here is the additional menu:

Appetizer Selection

Classic Caesar Salad with
Sweet Pepper Bruschetta
Recommended: Brut Champagne
Alternate: Pinot Gris

Or

Mediterranean Medley including
Brie Wrapped in Grape Leaves,
Seafood Crostini and
Grilled Asparagus with Prosciutto
Recommended: Pinot Noir
Alternate: Red Burgundy

Or

Daufuskie Island Crab Cakes with
Devil’s Elbow Dressing
Recommended: Chardonnay
Alternate: Sauvignon Blanc

Entrée Selections

Lowcountry Barbecued Salmon Filets
Recommended: Zinfandel
Alternate: Riesling

Or

Beef Tenderloin with Madeira-Dijon Sauce
Recommended: Cabernet Sauvignon
Alternate: Merlot

Or

Fresh Lobster, Shrimp and Crab over
Fettucine with Garlic and Olive Oil
Recommended: Colombard
Alternate: Chardonnay

(All entrees will be accompanied by fresh, seasonal
vegetables and an appropriate starch.)

Dessert Selection

French Lavender or Cappuccino Crème Brulee
Recommended: Brut Champagne
Alternate: Port

Or

Grilled Bananas with Zesty Vanilla Sauce
Recommended: Muscat
Alternate: Riesling

Or

Chocolate Fondue with Fresh Fruit and
Angel Food Cake
Recommended: Port
Alternate: Merlot

Sounds great! We'll get to try it again in July!

We have booked a night with Chef Gordon for next month and we can't wait! I was wondering what is generally done regarding tipping. It's an unusual dining experience, what have people who have done "A Private Affair" done in the past?

Thank you.

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

When we enjoyed our dinner, Gordon filled out the room charge slip and totalled the amount, leaving no place to add a tip. I didn't stop to argue with him at the time, but will if it happens this year.

Gordon is part of the recreational staff, even though his title is Resort Chef. His job includes the "Behind the Ears" tour and some cooking and wine tasting classes. I think he includes "A Private Affair" as part of his normal routine- not as a wait staff server- and therefore feels differently about the gratuity. He is a delight to be around and is also a very accomplished chef. A true treasure for the resort, IMHO. :)

If anyone else has an experience with "A Private Affair" , please share!

We have never been to HHI before and this sounds appealing. Are there babysitting services available if one wanted to take advantage of this?

Chef Gordon e-mailed me the new menu selections, too - they look delicious! Just another thing to point out - A Private Affair is now going to be held at the Beach House (at Surfman's Station), as the Grand Villa is going into inventory. I'm not sure of the exact date of the change, but I believe it is soon, if it hasn't already taken place. A private dinner on the Atlantic Ocean - how delightful!

We also got the new menu and just when I thought I had things all figured out to surprise our friends with this special treat I am reviewing menus and the tastes of our guests once again....oh well, what could be more fun. We will be having our private affair next week and when I get a chance I will post as to the location and our experience. I am sooooo excited about this wonderful evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter