A strategy question

sters

<font color=red>Enjoys visiting resorts at WDW<br>
I've been to WDW many times, and our general stategy is to head to Dumbo at park openning. Why? Because it is the slowest and least interesting queue and, unlike Peter Pan and Pooh, there are no Fastpasses to speed the process along. It has worked very well for us.

My question is, what is the general strategy in DL? Does Dumbo fill up quickly or does it make sense to hit other attractions first in Fantasyland? Your help is appreciated!

If Dumbo is important to you, go there 1st thing in the A.M.!! But, don't forget that at Disneyland, there are NO fastpasses for ANY of the fantasyland attractions. So if you are planning on fastpassing Peter Pan, your plan won;t work. Also, Pooh is in frontierland, not Fantasyland like at WDW. Have a fun trip!!! We are leaving tonight and will be at DLR all next week!! :banana:

My strategy to visit all the Fantasyland attractions is as follows:

Peter Pan first (it is more popular than Dumbo, since it attracts adults and kids)
Mr. Toad second (same reason as above)
Dumbo third (slow loading, kids go here first!)
Storybook Canal Boats (REALLY slow loading, popular among everyone...)
Casey Jr. Circus Train (again, REALLY slow loading, but it's out of the way, and basically you see the same stuff as on the canal boats, just that it goes by faster...but you do get to sit in cool train cars that are animal cages...)
Alice in Wonderland
Tea Cups
Carousel
Snow White's Scary Adventure
Pinnochio

Did I miss anything? I've done the entire circuit in less than an hour...

Pooh's got a fast pass, over in Critter Country, but it doesn't really need it. I've never seen a line there. It's definitely below the standards of the WDW Pooh.

>>Pooh's got a fast pass, over in Critter Country, but it doesn't really need it.<< Not anymore. Both Pooh and Pirates are dead Fast Pass rides
and Mansion is only for Christmas, Star Tours and Thunder are attendance driven (big attendance= FP available, low attendance=No FP) Indy, Splash and Roger are among the few that will always have it

As for Dumbo- I usually do it 3rd or 4th of the morning and still doesnt have that big of wait

-em

I agree with barbarbee's strategy, that's exactly what we do. Except we save Pinnochio and Snow White for later in the day. I've never seen anything longer than 10 minutes for each of these.

Also, as I'm heading to Peter Pan, I send my son over to Indian Jones to grab fastpasses for later. By the time we finish up in Fantasyland, our FPs are due for Indy.

I guess I am showing my age when I say Frontierland instead of Critter Country. It was Frontierland when I was a kid growing up in Long Beach ... We used to go to DL ALOT then! I guess it is pretty much ingrained into my subconscience!!! :crazy:

scanmom said:
I guess I am showing my age when I say Frontierland instead of Critter Country. It was Frontierland when I was a kid growing up in Long Beach ... We used to go to DL ALOT then! I guess it is pretty much ingrained into my subconscience!!! :crazy:

heh heh...I know what you mean. I still call the WDW TTA the 'People Mover'.

Thanks everyone! That helps a lot. Where do you squeeze in It's a Small World?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter