A Ton! Of reservations just opened up Nov-Dec!

If you got cancelled, don't give up hope! I immediately went to TP to setup a new alert, and since then (about an hour) I have gotten 2 of the 3 that were cancelled back! Holding out for a Beaches and Cream and then I'll be set!
If they don’t get canceled too.

Weeks, days, hours planning. Getting up at 4:45 am to make reservations. Now many are gone. I think it will be a few years before I go to WDW again. Their famous customer service is awful in so many ways -long waits on the phone to get someone who knows almost nothing and gives out wrong info. No access to front desk at hotel except in person. Extreme planning required for a really expensive vacation. I think my Disney addiction is cured.
Had to rant.

Planning a vacation shouldn't be this upsetting :(

Are we assuming at this point it's $25 per account, not $25 per reservation?

Keep in mind that DS restaurants like Boathouse and Homecomin are operating on Florida rules, meaning 100% capacity, so they most likely won’t cancel any reservations there.

I know they are allowed to operate without capacity restrictions. However, are these two actually allowing 100% capacity? If so, then I might cancel Homecomin'.

I know they are allowed to operate without capacity restrictions. However, are these two actually allowing 100% capacity? If so, then I might cancel Homecomin'.
They were not at full capacity in early October (after the rules changed). Maybe a little more crowded than Disney owned places, but both happily accommodated our request to sit outside.

Even before Florida lifted restrictions on restaurant capacity (we're talking June/July) I felt that Homecomin' was the most full restaurant we've eaten at on property in the last four months.

Again, if they’re cancelling all new and modified, then all your old reservations before modifications which were booked by someone else during the glitch should open back up. Keep an eye on them. That’s why availability is popping up now.
For example, I modified an 8pm CG reservation and changed it to 7:45pm. Therefore, someone must’ve grabbed 8pm during the glitch since 8pm isn’t an option and hasn’t been since the glitch period. They’ll cancel mine and theirs thereby opening back up my old time. Those of us who modified are in a slightly better position if we are quick because we know what time we had originally versus new reservations which have no idea what times were open because of a modification versus inaccurately displayed because of the glitch. Good luck everyone!

Yep... my SciFi reservation just got cancelled as well. Anyone offer the best way to keep an eye out for another restaurant or potential new reservation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter