A trip report.. sort of in the form of a video? We're so rollin' with this! Sept 2014

danimaroo

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! :wave2:

Remember me, you know, Dani, girl who used to be a TR-writing monster around here? I hope some of you do!

Here... here's a photo of Matt and me with Donald Duck to jog your memory:

donald_zps28ded5e5.jpg

So, where to start on this? Man, I'm not even sure.

I guess first thing I should get out of the way... This is NOT going to be the typical trip report. In fact, this is going to be the only "official" post I make (comments/responses don't count!), and I know that sounds wicked lame.

I also know some of you guys are like, "Wait, what? You said you were writing about this trip! WHY ARE YOU THE WORST, DANI?"

And I know I did, I totally did... but, well, things kind of changed during the trip. That's life, right?

And really, what happened was... Our trip started off with our lovely friend Rachel staying with us for 4 days, and so I didn't have time to write notes... but then as time went on, I had less and less motivation to write notes about our trip. If I'm being honest, I think I just got lost in the magic and it was really nice not having to worry about taking notes for the first time in the last few years of trips.

Plus, 15 days is a LONG time, and if I wrote a trip report in my usual fashion about that, well, we would be here for the next two years.

So, did we have an awesome trip? We did, we really did. And I even got to have a few DISmeets along the way (some people actually didn't forget me, haha!), including this awesome guy, who I'm sure MANY of you know (and if you don't, it's the all-too-awesome Rob, AKA DisneyKid4Life, who writes some of the best trip reports around!):

20140919_115753_zps12e0642f.jpg

And while I don't have a trip report for you guys to read, I DO have a trip video that I've been working extremely hard on since the second we got home.

I wanted to not only re-live all of the amazing memories from our trip, but I really wanted to share it with you guys, as well.

I also wanted this to be the best trip video I've made to date. It's 19 minutes long, which is the longest I've ever done, but that's what happens when you're in Disney World for 15 days and you're having a blast.

So maybe it's a cop out, and I'm sorry for disappointing those of you who expected a lot more of me in the form of a trip report, but I kind of consider this trip video my form of a trip report this year.

I put in many, many hours into this every single day after work and on the weekends, and I really wanted to share it with you guys in hopes of you seeing how much fun we truly had on this trip.

So, in all of its glory, if you'd like to watch it, here are the links:

IF YOU'RE WATCHING ON A NON-MOBILE DEVICE, click here!

IF YOU'RE WATCHING ON YOUR PHONE OR TABLET, click here!

And if you're watching on a potato, well, I got nothing for you.

Okay, serious talk: I'm really, really sorry if I've let any of you guys down with not writing a trip report, but it's just how the cookie crumbled with this year's trip.

I hope you understand and I REALLY do hope to be back on the DISboards, writing more trip reports and sharing plenty of photos/dorky moments with you all again. I actually do genuinely miss writing them and miss hearing from you guys, too.

BUT that being said, please feel free to comment here and I'll absolutely respond. Even if it's just to pop in and say hello, or ask questions about our trip, or tell me about your upcoming trips... because... I really do miss you all. :sad:

OH! Last thing I guess (because otherwise I will keep going on and on here; I'm not known for being short-winded)... If you want to keep up with me outside of the DIS, there are links to my twitter and instagram accounts below, too. I'm usually posting photos from our trips, or just tweeting about random Disney things/our trips... AND I would love to hear from you guys and see what you're up to, as well! :goodvibes

See you real soon! pixiedust:

I've only posted a few comments on your trip reports so we are not good friends (though I feel like I know you very well) but I really enjoyed your video!

I liked how some of the time you did pictures that corresponded to beats in the music, and I think they had some really good set ups with fireworks starting with perfect timing to the music.

It looked like you guys had a ton of fun. We were just there Sept 27-Oct 9. I'm thinking our dates overlapped a bit because I noticed the ponchos and all the water. We had the torrential downpours for our first few days.

I need to know where Matt got his rebel pilot backpack from the beginning of the video. I need that thing so much!

Did you guys make that baby Groot button about dancing?! That is so cute! My BF is a bit (if a bit= majorly) obsessed with Guardians of the Galaxy, we were even Starlord and Gamora for 2 MNSSHPs. Did you guys dress up as anything?

I never thought to ask Anna to do the robot! What an awesome idea.

I appreciated the inclusion of the Good Life song. I'm a big One Republic fan, and that song always reminds me of Disney thanks to the commercial.

Ah you guys are fun. Thanks for brightening my work day.

OMG... it will be easier to list the things I didn't love:

Seriously, it made me tear up, laugh, and grin like a huge idiot the whole time!!! GREAT job!

I follow you on IG, and loved the pics from your trip on there - this video looks like the perfect summation of your trip!!!

While I always love your trip reports and am sad you're not doing a full one, I completely understand! AND, your trip video is beyond fantastic! I can really tell how much effort and work you put into it. So THANK YOU for sharing it with us. I'm so glad you all had an awesome trip :) When are you all planning to go back (either to WDW or DL)??

Hey, loved your video.

Thank you for sharing, also I really loved your creative t-shirts too.

You both looked like you had a blast.

I will miss a written report...BUT...that was an awesome video. We were just there in August and just watching that makes me want to go back like now! Thanks for taking the time to put that together. It really was great, the music, the photos, everything. Loved the dance sequence ;-)

AHMAHZING!! I've been a lurker/creeper/stalker for a while and have read all your other trip reports, and I was so happy to see you back!

I never post (<----see this is like my 3rd post ever) but felt like I had to tell you this video rocked! And I loved the music choices. I laughed, I cried and it made me way excited for our January 2015 trip in just 96 days! :yay:

I will be sad there won't be an actual TR to read, because who doesn't love Parks and Rec references and Dinosaur ride photos, but I completely understand as that would be a lot to keep up with.

OK, I'm just going to start by saying...

HOLY CRAP HOW AWESOME IS IT TO BE IN YOUR NOT TRIP REPORT INTRODUCTION BUT STILL AN INTRODUCTION TO A VIDEO TRIP REPORT AND ONLY ONE OF TWO PHOTOS INCLUDED HOLY CRAP!

Which is basically another way of saying that I am so truly honoured AND beyond touched by that. You and Matt have always been my fav DISer couple and it was so thrilling to see you both in person finally. One of my absolute trip highlights!! You guys are the best.

And Seriously, I totally totally get the lack of motivation you speak of. I almost didn't do one myself as I also took no notes. Then I remembered that I've never taken any notes ever so that excuse was out the window. Whomp Whomp!

Now onto the video.

OMG!!!!!!!!! :love:

Dani, you always do great videos, but this one is the most wonderful one yet. You've been dipping into Brandon's magic video bag I think because this is so amazing! And yeah, I've already watched it a few times.

DINOSAUR photo!!! That alone makes you not doing a TR almost ok, lol. Almost.

REALLY enjoyed the first Raglan Road bit... Not sure why that stuck out. :rolleyes1

How did you keep your hat on during those rides???? You've got mad skills.

JACKSON 5!!! Not gonna lie... I danced right with ya! MY GOD THAT WAS AWESOME!!

Ah I love the Boo to You stuff you told me about.

Dani, I've done video editing so I know the work that's involved. What you've done here is truly beyond amazing. I hope you're proud because you should be. If anyone wants to get excited about a Disney vacation... Just watch this video. Brilliant! This is Disney done right. :worship:

Awesome video!

I loved ittttt

Can I ask what your camera setup is? I loved the quality

I've only posted a few comments on your trip reports so we are not good friends (though I feel like I know you very well) but I really enjoyed your video!

I liked how some of the time you did pictures that corresponded to beats in the music, and I think they had some really good set ups with fireworks starting with perfect timing to the music.

It looked like you guys had a ton of fun. We were just there Sept 27-Oct 9. I'm thinking our dates overlapped a bit because I noticed the ponchos and all the water. We had the torrential downpours for our first few days.

I need to know where Matt got his rebel pilot backpack from the beginning of the video. I need that thing so much!

Did you guys make that baby Groot button about dancing?! That is so cute! My BF is a bit (if a bit= majorly) obsessed with Guardians of the Galaxy, we were even Starlord and Gamora for 2 MNSSHPs. Did you guys dress up as anything?

I never thought to ask Anna to do the robot! What an awesome idea.

I appreciated the inclusion of the Good Life song. I'm a big One Republic fan, and that song always reminds me of Disney thanks to the commercial.

Ah you guys are fun. Thanks for brightening my work day.

I remember you of course! :goodvibes But thank you so much for the nice comments. I'm super happy you enjoyed it, especially the photos/fireworks sequences. I won't lie, those were a pain to line up. :rotfl: But it was worth it!

We just missed you by 3 days, but we had some INSANE rain the first few days of our trip. As you could see, it cause some crazy lakes in Epcot!

Matt got his backpack from Hot Topic!! It's a great bag, he loves it.

And my friend makes those buttons. Her shop name on etsy is "disneybounding"... You should be able to find her if you search disneybounding buttons on there. She makes AWESOME buttons and they got us a ton of attention during our trip (we wore a few different ones). The Baby Groot one was obviously my favorite and I had the most fun wearing that one. CMs and characters seemed to have a blast dancing with me!

I went to the party by myself this year, so I didn't dress up... BUT I had a total blast, even though I was actually pretty sick. The second parade was just way, way too much fun and I won't ever forget all of the fun character interactions I had.

Yeah! I was wearing my Groot button and decided to see if she would dance with me... and well, there you go. She was hilarious!

I've always kind of wanted to use Good Life in a Disney video... any time I hear it, like you, I think of Disney World because of the commercial. It's just such a feel-good song, you know?

Anyway, thank you again for the comments and questions!! This just made me really miss writing TRs though, so I know I need to get back to it at some point.

OMG... it will be easier to list the things I didn't love:

Seriously, it made me tear up, laugh, and grin like a huge idiot the whole time!!! GREAT job!

I follow you on IG, and loved the pics from your trip on there - this video looks like the perfect summation of your trip!!!

Ummm that is such an awesome compliment, seriously!! You just made my day. I'm so glad you loved it, that means so much to me!! And who are you on IG?! I want to make sure I'm following you back!

While I always love your trip reports and am sad you're not doing a full one, I completely understand! AND, your trip video is beyond fantastic! I can really tell how much effort and work you put into it. So THANK YOU for sharing it with us. I'm so glad you all had an awesome trip :) When are you all planning to go back (either to WDW or DL)??

I know, it was a really tough decision but ultimately, I just decided not doing one this time was what I wanted. But thank you so much!! We really had a great time and I'm glad I have the video now to look back on all of the happy moments of our trip.

WDW is still up in the air, but we're thinking about mid-year next year. September was great crowd-wise but the heat was just SO intense. I think it's time for us to take a break from that again. DL we'll both be back in November with Matt's parents. They've seen how much we love Disneyland during the holidays so we're doing a trip with them. It should be fun, I'm excited to show them everything we love.

Hey, loved your video.

Thank you for sharing, also I really loved your creative t-shirts too.

You both looked like you had a blast.

Thank you so much!! And I try to have fun with my t-shirts, haha. I get a lot of them from Teefury and Redbubble. They have some fantastic Disney ones, or really great Disney mash-up ones, too.

We had a super fun time, and a blast with our friend Rachel and our other friends, as well. Unfortunately there were a few downers, like both of us getting sick the second half of our trip, but overall there were SO many fun and great moments that it totally made the bad moments just pale in comparison to the good ones.

I will miss a written report...BUT...that was an awesome video. We were just there in August and just watching that makes me want to go back like now! Thanks for taking the time to put that together. It really was great, the music, the photos, everything. Loved the dance sequence ;-)

I know, I feel bad about it, but I just wanted to have one trip in there where I didn't have to worry about constant photos or note-taking. It's been a tough year and this was definitely the trip to kind of take a break from it. But thank you so much!! It was a lot of work but this is definitely my favorite video I've made, I think. And yeah, the dancing was so ridiculous but SO much fun. It was way too much fun getting cast members, characters, and my friends to join in on it with me. :rotfl:

AHMAHZING!! I've been a lurker/creeper/stalker for a while and have read all your other trip reports, and I was so happy to see you back!

I never post (<----see this is like my 3rd post ever) but felt like I had to tell you this video rocked! And I loved the music choices. I laughed, I cried and it made me way excited for our January 2015 trip in just 96 days! :yay:

I will be sad there won't be an actual TR to read, because who doesn't love Parks and Rec references and Dinosaur ride photos, but I completely understand as that would be a lot to keep up with.

Awww YAY! Your comment just made me smile so hard!! I'm so glad you loved the video and that it made you excited for your January trip! I am jealous because I REALLY love going in January!! I wouldn't be surprised if we switch back at some point, because the heat in September is just craaaazy. January is quite delightful, haha.

And I know! I am admittedly now a bit sad that I'm not writing one, but yeah, it was more of something I didn't want to keep up with during the trip and honestly, since we've been back, work has been BEYOND crazy. So between that and working on the video (and editing videos, I still have a few thousand to go through :eek:), I probably wouldn't have gotten a whole lot written by now anyway.

And I did at least sneak a Dinosaur photo into the video, hahaha.

OK, I'm just going to start by saying...

HOLY CRAP HOW AWESOME IS IT TO BE IN YOUR NOT TRIP REPORT INTRODUCTION BUT STILL AN INTRODUCTION TO A VIDEO TRIP REPORT AND ONLY ONE OF TWO PHOTOS INCLUDED HOLY CRAP!

Which is basically another way of saying that I am so truly honoured AND beyond touched by that. You and Matt have always been my fav DISer couple and it was so thrilling to see you both in person finally. One of my absolute trip highlights!! You guys are the best.

And Seriously, I totally totally get the lack of motivation you speak of. I almost didn't do one myself as I also took no notes. Then I remembered that I've never taken any notes ever so that excuse was out the window. Whomp Whomp!

Now onto the video.

OMG!!!!!!!!! :love:

Dani, you always do great videos, but this one is the most wonderful one yet. You've been dipping into Brandon's magic video bag I think because this is so amazing! And yeah, I've already watched it a few times.

DINOSAUR photo!!! That alone makes you not doing a TR almost ok, lol. Almost.

REALLY enjoyed the first Raglan Road bit... Not sure why that stuck out. :rolleyes1

How did you keep your hat on during those rides???? You've got mad skills.

JACKSON 5!!! Not gonna lie... I danced right with ya! MY GOD THAT WAS AWESOME!!

Ah I love the Boo to You stuff you told me about.

Dani, I've done video editing so I know the work that's involved. What you've done here is truly beyond amazing. I hope you're proud because you should be. If anyone wants to get excited about a Disney vacation... Just watch this video. Brilliant! This is Disney done right. :worship:

Hahahaha you crack me up, Rob! And of course I had to put you in there, it really was so wonderful to meet you and get to talk to you for a bit, seriously. :goodvibes

I thought of you and your no note-writing ways, but there was just no way I would remember everything since I focused my photo-taking this trip more on setting up shots. So lack of photos and lack of notes? Worst trip report ever from me. But I'm trying to keep up with yours, dang it!

AHHH thank you so much for the compliments on the video. I really feel like this one is my best and most favorite one. I spent a lot of time on it, took time away from it, tweaked it countless times, and really just wanted to make it the best one yet. So thank you, it means a lot to me!

Hahahah STUPID DINOSAUR! It still got me good. I was wondering if anyone would notice I put that in there though... I mean, I knew you would, because duh.

I was super excited we caught the Raglan Road dancers! We had lunch on a Sunday and I had no idea they're out on Sunday afternoons. It was a nice surprise for sure.

I am a professional hat-keeper-onner, didn't you know? Hahaha, no, it was a lot of holding it on with one hand.. a LOT of that.

Heck yes, not sure if you've seen Guardians of the Galaxy, but they use that song for Baby Groot and well... I had to make sure it was in the video! It really was the perfect song for that part. I had so much fun dancing like a total idiot throughout the trip!

That was such a fun night I just had to put some of it in the video!

Thank you again, so much for the kind words, Rob. I really do appreciate it. :goodvibes I try to capture all of the things I love about Disney, even those small and quieter things, and put them into the video. I'm so glad you got that and loved it so much!!

Awesome video!

I loved ittttt

Can I ask what your camera setup is? I loved the quality

Thanks so much!! So for this video, I would say around 80% of it was taken on my GoPro. 15% of it (anything that was lower light, Country Bears, fireworks, Boo to You parade, Dapper Dans) was taken on my nicer camera I use primarily for photos, a Fujifilm X-T1. The other 5% was taken on my phone, which was mostly when I was dancing like a dork, hahaha. Hope that helped answer some questions!! The GoPro was fantastic for taking video, though I will say it's not the best for low-light situations.

LOVE IT!!!
Your video was amazing. Was curious what gopro are you using? I am getting one for our upcoming Disneyland trip.
Again LOVE your video. :worship:

Thank you!! :) I have the Hero 3+ Black Edition. I think you will totally love it. It takes a little getting used to, and honestly, just taking tons of footage, but it's worth it!! I'd suggest buying the LCD viewfinder attachment for it, too. That helped out a lot on this trip for setting up shots.

Thank you again. :goodvibes

Thanks so much!! So for this video, I would say around 80% of it was taken on my GoPro. 15% of it (anything that was lower light, Country Bears, fireworks, Boo to You parade, Dapper Dans) was taken on my nicer camera I use primarily for photos, a Fujifilm X-T1. The other 5% was taken on my phone, which was mostly when I was dancing like a dork, hahaha. Hope that helped answer some questions!! The GoPro was fantastic for taking video, though I will say it's not the best for low-light situations. Thank you!! :) I have the Hero 3+ Black Edition. I think you will totally love it. It takes a little getting used to, and honestly, just taking tons of footage, but it's worth it!! I'd suggest buying the LCD viewfinder attachment for it, too. That helped out a lot on this trip for setting up shots. Thank you again. :goodvibes

This is exactly what I wanted to hear lol

I have a gopro (the silver) and I'm always debating on using it for my disney trips but after seeing your video I'm taking it for sure!

What hand pole do you use for it? And did you keep the waterproof casing on it the entire time? (Sorry for all the geek tech questions I just love documenting trips via video and your shots were amazing!)

YAY! I'll watch it tonight with my oldest. he's loved your videos in the past :)

I totally understand not doing a TR. I'm sure this video is great.

Miss you on here and I'll be in touch on Insta and Twitter :thumbsup2

I was just thinking to myself how it's been a while since I've seen a new Dani report, lol. What an awesome video. Thanks for sharing :)

Dani,

I am a total lurker on this board. I followed, however never subscribed, to one of your TR where you and your husband went to the MNSSHP. He was Ralph from Wreck it Ralph and you were the Haunted Mansion wallpaper I think? Anyway, me and my 27 yo daughter were in HS on Sunday 9/14. We were leaving the Animation Courtyard and I almost ran over your husband. He was looking over our heads, which is not hard to do as we are only 5'4", like he was looking for you. I didn't say anything to him because I didn't want to freak him out. If I had seen you I would have spoken. Anyway, I have been "looking" for you here on the Dis since then hoping you would do a TR. I will check out your video tonight as I am at work right now. Shhhh.....

We are going back next year. Our dates are 9/4 - 9/12/15. Maybe our dates will overlap and we can have a Dis meet.

I enjoy reading your TR and am glad you continue to share your trips with us regardless of the format.

Awww YAY! Your comment just made me smile so hard!! I'm so glad you loved the video and that it made you excited for your January trip! I am jealous because I REALLY love going in January!! I wouldn't be surprised if we switch back at some point, because the heat in September is just craaaazy. January is quite delightful, haha.

And I know! I am admittedly now a bit sad that I'm not writing one, but yeah, it was more of something I didn't want to keep up with during the trip and honestly, since we've been back, work has been BEYOND crazy. So between that and working on the video (and editing videos, I still have a few thousand to go through :eek:), I probably wouldn't have gotten a whole lot written by now anyway.

And I did at least sneak a Dinosaur photo into the video, hahaha.

I totally missed the ride photo! Oh well, guess I'll just have to watch it again ;)

Yeah, January is definitely our jam and the only time we go. But since that is the only time we're down there, that means we've never been to F&W or MNSSHP. I know, shocking. Every year I read the menus for all the different food booths out loud to my husband and we always say we'll make it one day!

Dani: it is so good to see an update from you. the last bit of news I got from you was not good and I hope things have returned to normal since the break in.
I can't wait watch the new video and I managed a lil quick peak here at work. Can't go wrong when you start out with Marcus and friends.

Thanks for posting another video and I look forward to the next report you do.

Oh my goodness!! I **LOVED** your video!! It was so much fun to watch! We also went in Sept. 2014 and your video made me remember soooo much from our trip! I loved the quality of the picture and editing! Nice job!!
:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter